A White Orchid Wedding, Inc.

A White Orchid Wedding, Inc.

Favorite
4.7
Flexibility
laurenmroth
07/11/2015

I could have not asked for a better wedding.. It was absolutely perfect! Bernie Freitas was my wedding planner and I couldn't have done it without her! I recommend anyone planning a wedding in Maui to get a wedding planner and use Bernie, it was the best decision I made!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We had our destination wedding this past June at the white orchid beach house and it was simply amazing. This was all possible thanks to Bernie Freitas at A White Orchid Weddings Inc. We initially thought that a destination wedding would require a lot of time and effort in decision making and picking out vendors but once we got into contact with Bernie she made everything so easy. The whole process was smooth and every little detailed brought out and reviewed before being finalized. We have heard stories about how stressful and nerve wrecking wedding planning can be but it really never got to that point. Bernie was on top of everything!!! She made sure we got in contact with all our vendors and made sure they understood what we wanted and how we wanted things. When it came to the financial part of the planning she had our best interest in mind. Bernie made sure we didn’t go overboard with food, floras, lighting, entertainment, etc. After a month or so of phone calls and emails we were all on the same page and everything was falling into place. We can’t thank her enough for all she has done for us. The wedding was beautiful!! Family members and friends described it as having a little piece of the island all to ourselves. We would definitely recommend Bernie to everyone who is planning to have an ideal wedding in Maui.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Steven really came through for us, even on any last minute changes. I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day he had thought of everything, even back up umbrellas for the guests incase it rained. Which it did for a couple minutes but then cleared up and was a beautiful sunset.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We are so pleased that we chose White Orchid Wedding to help plan our destination wedding in Maui, HI. Steven Cook was our assigned wedding planner and he accommodated our every need. He made us feel secure with the choices we were making and offered advice when needed. Steven provided us with all the venues used at our wedding: location, videography, ceremony music, entertainment, flowers, lighting & decor, photography, wedding cake, catering, and officiant, etc. Thanks to Steven, all of these venues were arranged and made available for the night of our wedding. Everything that night was planned perfectly. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier! Mahalo Steven!!

Amanda
08/03/2014

Over the last year I have had the pleasure to work with Patty Flax. From our first call to our hugs goodbye at the end of our event, she was incredible to work with. We had 60 guests and events covering 4 days. She made sure every detail was covered, responded to my (many) emails and ideas, she was flexible when I wasn't keen on something, and most of all, she worked tirelessly to make my wedding a dream come true.

I could not imagine entrusting anyone else to my wedding day! I am so thankful for Patty! She transformed my all-over-the-place ideas into a cohesive, elegant, event all of our guests will remember for years to come.

I think the smartest thing I did was tell her my total day-of budget upfront so she could help me get the most bang for our buck. She was able to help guide us and offer advice but still ultimately left decisions up to me unless I told her to just use her own judgement. We had a couple of last minute changes and she was so accommodating to ensure it was all perfect.

Patty and the WOW team have some fantastic relationships with vendors on Maui. I know this made a huge difference in the stress, flexibility, and level of service we received. I would highly recommend Patty!

Shay
04/22/2014

Our private wedding at the White Orchid Beach House in April was more than we dreamed. We wanted simple, beautiful, private, and special...and thanks to Steven Cook, we got all of that plus more. He made our day brilliant! His personality was such a perfect fit for us and it was almost as though he could read my mind at times, even though we communicated most of the planning through email. We can't say enough positive things about him and how he represents WOW Weddings. Bravo to all!

Olivia
04/05/2014

Great team and our planner was Steven. He did a wonderful job bringing my dream wedding to life. He listened to what I had to say and was really good about communicating back and forth via email. Our day turned out just perfect and WOW did a super job. Thank you Steven and the WOW team.

Sandra
04/01/2014

My (now) husband and I worked with Patty Flax for our April 1st wedding at the White Orchid Beach House. The White Orchid Wedding staff and vendors were incredible and we are still getting compliments on the awesomeness of our wedding. We had so much fun and will definitely be recommending White Orchid Wedding to friends and family.

Wedding Coordinator
Patty was a pleasure to work with as well! Our planning could've been a stressful nightmare but she helped calm our nerves and gave great recommendations throughout the entire process. She really got to know us and our style and pushed us in the directions that fit us best. We greatly appreciate her working hard to find a florist who was willing to give us our first choice of flowers. (They were so beautiful!) We were also thankful for her patience and flexibility with late night call schedules. It really meant a lot. We couldn't have had the successful wedding we did without her and all we heard all night was "Best. Wedding. EVER!" from our guests.

Venue
The White Orchid Beach House (exclusive to WOW) was absolutely beautiful! It was the exact experience we wanted: beachfront, private, intimate, gorgeous. Pictures don't do it justice. It was more than we could've hoped for. It was perfect.

Day-of Coordinator
Bernie was great. She had everything ready as soon as I walked in and even helped with some last minute additions for our guest table. She did a good job on collaborating on in-the-moment decisions and made the night go very smoothly. She also helped track down a lost necklace days after the wedding that was left at the beach house and coordinated its pickup.

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Planning
Helenka
02/21/2014

We had the most amazing wedding, at the most beautiful location (White Orchid Beach House) with the most incredible Reverend Alapaki. Our photographer, Sasha, was wonderful. Me we just love our pictures. We couldn't have asked for more and wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

1+ year ago

Patty was amazing and took care of everything for us. I would definitely recommend WOW and especially Patty to plan a wedding in Hawaii!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Whitney
01/11/2014

We had our picture perfect wedding planned out by Jackie through WOW. The staff is amazing and very professional. Planning the wedding was a breeze and stress free. Perfect.

1+ year ago

We want to express our sincere thanks to Bernie Freitas and A White Orchid Wedding for helping make our daughters wedding a beautiful celebration! Although we just had a couple months of planning Bernie's knowledge, patience and kindness made it truly a memorable day. For ironing out all of the little wrinkles (literally), and getting the petals done exactly how
I envisioned, along with everything else that was planned, we will always be grateful to Bernie and WOW. They can do it all!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Transportation

I loved our experience with this company. Simple, smart, great vendor choices, fair contract and pricing. They were very flexible. We didn't have a hugh wedding, but it was over the top wonderful and they were a hughe part of the success story.

Additionally, they kept this a very low stress experience for our family. We came together from the US Mainland and Australia for the event. And the wedding was actually planned from Houston.

White Orchid couldn't have done a better job and I recommend them very highly.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Do not go anywhere else...get to Hawaii and ask for Bernie at White Orchid Weddings. Get the White Orchid Beach house on Maui and get Wolf the acoustic musician and Michael for photos and Greg for video...step back and let Bernie find the chef - other details...give her a few hints and voila the perfect wedding. She just gets it. YOU can not beat the location or the kind patience of Bernie. She made our wedding effortless. Bravo - 10 stars.....

I want to do the same wedding again....perfect.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

There are no words describe how grateful we are for all Bernie’s hard work and dedication. She made the whole process so easy for us, nothing was too much to ask.

With her professionalism and creativity she was able to develop and understanding of what we wanted from our wedding day. Her knowledge and experience with all the local vendors helped to turn our dream day into reality. She was even able to organise a Mexican serenata the night before the wedding!

On the day, she was an incredible support. From assisting with flower arrangements to taking the last photo of the night, she was always there tying everything together and ensuring it all just flowed.

We feel very grateful that we were able to work with Bernie. We thought it was going to be a nightmare planning a wedding from Australia, but with Bernie’s assistance the process was effortless. In our imagination we had a dream wedding planned and she exceeded those expectations!

Thanks Bernie

1+ year ago

Bernie was incredible. My wedding was more beautiful than I imagined!!!