A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Sylvia was the critical element of our daughter's wedding. The advice and direction she supplied kept the bride and groom to be on target, on budget and produced a terrific result- we are so grateful that Sylvia was involved in the process. She was supportive and proactive when our children seemed to hit moments of indecision as to who to contact or who to select as vendors for the wedding.
Sylvia was the event coordinator on the ceremony night and all went splendidly well. We would recommend Sylvia without reservation for those needing assistance in planning and executing a successful wedding event.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

From our first meeting with Sylvia we were blown away by her expertise and professionalism. Sylvia brings the best of both worlds, she is professional but also enjoys what she does and adds her sense of humor too. It is clearly evident that event planning, in particular weddings is her passion. She makes herself available to her clients and she responds in a very timely manner to any questions or concerns you might have. She is available to contact, meet and coordinate with other vendors to make sure everything for your day runs smoothly. At first my husband and I thought we could do it on our own, but once we began the planning process we knew we would need additional help and support. We skeptical at first with hiring a wedding coordinator but don't be. With Sylvia your money and time is very well spent. She is affordable for all that she provides. A wedding by Sylvia is truly the way to go!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Sylvia is fantastic and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for help with planning a wedding! We planned our wedding in Ohio in less than 4 months while living in Arizona. I was looking for a day-of coordinator and found Sylvia on Wedding Wire. I called her and after just a few minutes of chatting with her, I knew I was going to hire her. Throughout the entire process she gave excellent advice about everything, from recommending vendors to making suggestions as to how to achieve our rustic/elegant vision. She met with me over a holiday weekend, one of two times I was in town to plan, and went out of her way to make sure we had everything covered. Our wedding and reception was at Eagle Creek in Ostrander, a large property with indoor and outdoor space. Sylvia took care of everything and I did not stress one bit because I knew she had it all covered - everything from moving flower vases to organizing the ceremony to driving guests in a golf cart to videoing our first look - she did it all and with a smile on her face! Her fee was extremely reasonable and she exceeded all of our expectations. I highly recommend her for all of her services! My wedding was perfect and it would not have been without Sylvia and all of our other fantastic vendors (Bosc + Brie, Timeless Petal/Rhonda Joe, and Gable Photography - they all made a great team!).

Laurency
08/30/2014

Sylvia is the most professional and knowledgeable wedding planner that we met. She is very up to date with all the latest trends and bridal fashions. Offering quick response time for any questions or concerns that you or the bridal party may have. Sylvia is right there every step of the way. She made the rehearsal very smooth and less stressful, with the day of the wedding flawless. I was the maid of Honor on this special day and one special note about Sylvia is when the father/daughter dance was taking place, the bride and father shed tears and the entire room was emotional and Sylvia was right there with tissues for the bride. Sylvia handles all tasks at hand, she pays attention to the small and large details. I would at 1000% refer A Wedding by Sylvia for your Wedding needs.

andrea
08/30/2014

Sylvia was fabulous to work with from the very beginning. She listened to our vision of how our wedding would be, made valuable suggestions, and participated in the whole process. She introduced me to all of our vendors who done an excellent job. The day of our wedding, I was very relaxed and enjoyed our special day. Sylvia's professionalism truly shined and made our wedding dreams a true success!

Tovin
08/30/2014

Sylvia is very professional and gave us first class service. I would recommend Sylvia to anyone that wants a first class wedding!

Private User
1+ year ago

We hired Sylvia as our ceremony officiant and she was absolutely wonderful to work with! Throughout the wedding planning, she was professional from start to finish, easy to get into contact with, and very helpful with all the details of the ceremony. Day-of, she gave a beautifully spoken ceremony! I'd highly recommend her to a couple looking for an officiant!

Services Used: Officiant
Diana
05/10/2014

We used Sylvia for the coordination of our "day of" only. With this option we provided her with our selected vendors, timeline, and plan for the wedding. With all the info we gave her, she made sure everything went smoothly and just the way we wanted. She did a great job handling and coordinating the vendors. Sylvia helped my groom and groomsmen with the last details of getting ready and made sure their boutonnieres were in place. She also made sure the photographer got pictures of the groom and groomsmen getting ready, my mother-in-law putting the boutonniere on my groom, etc. The best part was that she handed me a drink as the ceremony ended :) She knew I needed it. She was great to work with and we don't know how things would have turned out without her there to help us keep everything on schedule. She always has a huge smile on her face and is always very patient and kind. Sylvia was very attentive to details, she always replied to our e-mails in a timely fashion, and answered any questions we had. She made sure I looked good at all times by telling me "you need some lipstick on now" and she helped me fix my dress (it wasn't properly bustled) right before our first dance. We were on the fence whether to hire a coordinator or not but now we can say it was money definitely well spent. Our wedding day was perfect and everything went according to the plan and schedule. We highly recommend her.

Brenda
03/22/2014

My husband, Joe and I were married in Destin, Florida on February 15th and returned to Ohio on February 24th. From that date I had to scramble to put together a reception for March 22nd. I contacted Sylvia on March 25th and she got back to me that same day and we talked on the phone the next day to get the ball rolling on everything that had to be done to create a beautiful event for my friends in Ohio.
Sylvia was so professional and got me started on what I needed to do to secure the caterer and get the decorations going.
Everything came together beautifully thanks to her organizational and creative ideas. She was friendly and helpful and eased right into the reception as if she was a life long friend.
From noon of the day of the reception until 11PM when we locked the door of the venue, Sylvia worked tirelessly to make everything beautiful and enjoyable. I didn't have to worry about how anything was moving along, as Sylvia kept it all going for me. All I had to do was enjoy my guests.
Sylvia seemed like a long time friend by the end of our time together. I would not recommend anyone but her if you are seeking the best wedding planner in Ohio!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Sylvia was very attentive and really understood our vision. She was flexible and customized her service specific to our needs. This was invaluable to us an out-of-state couple. She was always available and truly made us feel as if we were her only clients. Sylvia brings her A game and works with vendors that do the same. Everyone that she recommended was great. If you are planning a wedding, we would recommend her hands down.

Kathy
09/14/2013

Sylvia was very professional with her services for my daughters wedding. She encouraged us to do what we wanted since it was my daughter and her fiancée wedding, while giving us suggestions based upon her valuable experience. Very friendly, pleasant and flexible. I would highly recommend.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Sylvia was simply the best. Extremely organized and calm. She went above and beyond to help my visions for my wedding day become a reality. Her list of vendors and knowledge of the local wedding business was impressive and in depth. Sylvia plans all types of weddings from traditional gala events to small intimate weddings. She can work with any bride and make her dreams come true. With Sylvia it is not about planning her vision of your wedding she works to tease out from the couple what they want in order to make it a reality. She knows what looks good, what smells good, what tastes good, and how much all of the aforementioned should cost ! I could not have had the wedding day we had without her.

Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Cathy
08/31/2013

Immediately, upon meeting Sylvia, I knew that she was a professional. She was so helpful before and after the ceremony, but especially during. My husband was so nervous during the ceremony, but afterward he commented on how Sylvia helped to relax him, by speaking clearly, not rushing the vows and being present, and in the moment with us. She has a great energy, good sense of humor and good taste!

Services Used: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Lori
08/10/2013

Sylvia was so wonderful to work with. She wrote and performed a beautiful ceremony that fit us perfectly! I am so thankful I found Sylvia as she was so helpful and absolutely perfect! I would highly recommend Sylvia to anyone!

Services Used: Officiant
David
06/09/2013

Sylvia was simply outstanding. She really knows how to plan a wedding. Even got accolades from the family at the wedding reception. Highly recommended.

sylvia
06/08/2013

My husband and I were blessed with the opportunity to give our daughter the wedding of her dreams and it all began with the hiring of our amazing wedding planner, Sylvia Douglas!! From start to finish she was everything we wanted and needed and owe a tremendous amount of gratitude to her for how everything turned out so beautifully. She, along with the top-notch vendors she recommended, really listened and captured our daughter's vision and style for her special day. She was more affordable than we initially anticipated this type of service would cost and she was worth EVERY penny & more! I can not say enough about her level of professionalism, availability & responsiveness, attention to detail, and warmth. We continue to stay in touch with her because we miss her so much!!