A Sweet Design

Serving Southern California

17801 Chatsworth St
Granada Hills, CA 91344 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free
(4.9 / 5.0)

Delicious!!! And Beautiful cake

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely the most delicious wedding cake I've ever had, I'm so glad it was the cake for MY wedding. Three months later, I'm still getting compliments on how delicious my cake was, and getting asked where I ordered it from, so that they can order a cake too. I had white cake with strawberry filling, with strawberry splash. The frosting was standard butter cream frosting. It was very affordable, and there was a FREE, complimentary cake-tasting, even without any type of contract, to help us pick the flavor. They also delivered it for free. Just thinking about the cake is making me want some right now. I am not a big cake person, I usually skip the cake at parties...but I'd have my wedding cake over and over again. Thanks A Sweet Design, for making my cake so memorable, and delicious!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our purple ombre cake was perfect for cutting and pictures. The mini cupcakes and macaroons were amazing! We were able to get a large variety of flavors so people could try multiple types.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A Sweet Design gave me the perfect wedding cake. It was beautiful. They were very kind, professional, and their quality of service was great. They were great on making sure my cake design desires were made a reality. Everyone at our wedding loved it! Thank you for the perfect love bird cake!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place was so great to work with. They called me with any questions, concerns and reminders they had. All my guest loved the cake, cake pops and cupcakes they made for me especially the ones with the strawberry toppings. We were so excited when we discovered a dozen cupcakes left under the table that went unnoticed. It was a great treat to take home.

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After looking around (tirelessly) for a cake vendor, we stumbled upon A Sweet Design. They happen to be in our neighborhood so we popped in for a cupcake....a delicious cupcake that is. We scheduled a tasting for that week and were pleasantly surprised. After having tasted at 3 other bakeries we knew right away that A Sweet Design was the vendor for us. The gal that did our tasting was so helpful. She took the time to understand our budget and our vision and help make it all work. She didn't pressure us like other places do. On to the big day.... our cake looked absolutely amazing! We had our florist provide flowers which were arranged by A Sweet Design and the final look was absolutely stunning (see pic!). The most important part, the cake was delicious! We chose a different flavor for each tier and couldn't be happier with the way it came out. I'd definitely recommend this vendor if you're in the market for a wedding cake!

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say this place is an amazing bakery! My wedding cake was to die for! It was delicious! Joy (the cake representative/ manager) Is wonderful to work with! She was on top of everything that needed to happen when it came to my Wedding cake! I will def be visiting again for future event cakes! Everything was taken care of and looked amazing! I loved the designs we chose!

• Wedding: 02/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiancee and I fell in love with A Sweet Design when we visited their cupcake shop which is in our neighborhood. Our wedding was in Riverside so after searches of many bakeries in our venue area we just said forget it lets pick our favorite bakery and have the cake delivered 100 miles. Well I am so glad we did because it was so worth it! Everyone loved the wedding cake and kept asking where we had gotten it. My parents work in the wedding industry and many of our guests work in the wedding and food industry and they could not believe how good the cake was! The staff was so responsive and helped us stay within our budget, we ordered sheet cakes to save some of the cost. We were able to order 3 unique flavors which was really fun for our guests to share cake and compare flavors! A Sweet Design is the best bakery and cupcakery there is!

• Wedding: 01/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THE SINGLE BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR WEDDING! (Besides marrying each other!)

What a pleasure to deal with such talented professionals who truly love what they do and are so helpful and accommodating!
I am allergic to wheat and I have to say that they make the most delicious gluten free cakes I have ever tasted.
They didn't even bat an eylash at the elaborate cake I had fallen in love with and were so fair with their pricing that I was actully able to afford it. Jolene even chaged the design a bit on the spot and made it even more gorgeous and special!
The cake exceeded our expectations in both beauty and flavor!
I would recommend them to anyone anytime. If you don't live near them (i don't) know that they are more than worth the drive!

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I ordered my wedding cake and grooms cake from A Sweet Design and both came out beautiful and were very yummy!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff is so helpful and always on top of everything. Any cake design idea you give them they will duplicate it and make it look even better. Everyone loved our wedding cake. Their cakes are delicious!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Roxana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVED LOVED LOVED our cake. Everyone at the wedding said it was the best cake they'd ever had! Joleen was amazing during our consult. She made sure she completely understood our look and feel for the wedding, and wasn't pushy at all, which I'd found with some other vendors. She explained to us what we could get in our budget, and her team made a great effort at making sure we tried every piece we liked until we were satisfied with our selection. The cake arrived unhurt and on time, and GORGEOUS! We had a simple, three- tiered "textured" design. She even took a swatch of my wedding color ("blush") and they made the perfect color for the cake! I would highly recommend A Sweet Design! I cant wait to get our tier on our 1 year anniversary!! Thank you, A Sweet Design! I have been recommending you to everyone!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was delicious! They also delivered on time. Everyone loved the cake!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
Jamie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW! WOW! WOW! Is all I can say about our wedding cake! It was gorgeous and DELICIOUS!!! From the moment we walked into A sweet design, I knew I wanted to use them! Joeleen asked me what my vision was for my cake and I described it for her. She drew it out and it was beautiful. She then had us taste her cakes and they were all delicious! We chose cookies and cream and s'mores. When I saw my cake for the first time at the wedding, I wanted to give Joeleen a bug hug! It was even more beautiful than I imagined it would be! We actually had a line formed on our dance floor of people that wanted to take pictures of it! Our guests were raving about the delicious cake and actually left the dance floor to eat it. My father in law ate the extra pieces at his table (from guests that left early) ! I can't wait to eat my fresh anniversary cake!!! *Yes, they make you a fresh cake.. no freezing the top tier!* I will definitely order more cakes from a sweet design!

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
Stephanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got our daughter's wedding cake from A Sweet Design. We loved the cake! It was delicious and beautiful. We got many comments from our guests on how much they loved the cake.

Jolene the owner and baker designed the cake to our daughter's specifications. She was most helpful. We loved the cake tasting. All the flavors were delicious. It was difficult choosing among the many flavors. We settled on cookies and cream, and s'mores. Amazing cake. We recommend A Sweet Design for any occasion.

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding cake turned out so beautiful. I was able to order a surprise groom's cake for my groom and A Sweet Design took care of everything. I gave them ideas and they delivered. The flavors we chose were amazing and we received so many compliments. I will definitely use A Sweet Design again.

• Wedding: 05/03/2013
818-363-9825
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment