A Sun Dream Yacht Charters

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were looking to do something different for our wedding, considering we had family coming to Fl. from up north. We decided to have our reception on The Caprice. It was amazing!! We were referred to Sundream by a friend so we went to meet with Kristin. She was so awesome. From the time we met with her to the countless emails I sent to her with a ton of questions, she always responded in a timely matter and kept me in the loop with everything. Once all was said and done and the day was approaching, Rose called me to go over the timeline of the evening, we went over the menu, she contacted our DJ to make sure everyone was on the same page, she reassured me that everything was taken care of...and was it ever! Sundream COMPLETELY exceeded our expectations! The food was DELICIOUS - prime rib super tender, roasted potatoes roasted to perfection, coconut crusted mahi was sweet and delicate, penne with shrimp (my favorite), mini philly cheesesteaks (I'm a Philly girl), shrimp skewers, Cuban cigar spring rolls, veggies, tropical fruit shooters, and cookies. Everything was so good, I wish I could have had a doggie bag to take leftovers!

The crew was also exceptional, the waitstaff were very kind and attentive, and Rose made me feel completely at ease. I didn't have to worry about anything, NOTHING! Even centerpieces, cake toppers, cards, decor, etc. they packed it all up, they took excellent care of us.

Also, the price was exceptionally reasonable. We initially thought to do something in the Keys with 50 guests and it was DOUBLE the price of what we had with 103 on board the Caprice with zero amenities. I was floored to know having a yacht reception was WAY cheaper and, of course, MORE fun! A week has passed since our wedding and we're still receiving emails, texts, calls from our guests that we had "the best wedding." I owe it all to Norma*, Rose and Kristin!

*Please see review for Norma's Touch

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are both from Toronto, Canada, and approximately 10 months ago, we started the grueling journey of planning a destination wedding in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Being so far away, we were so so worried about how things would come together - the quality of the food, the drinks, the entertainment, the venue..... but Kristin, Rose and Jim were so responsive, and assured us that our reception would be a success.

The team was there with us every step of the way. From sending e-mails by the hour, and getting responses within two, it was amazing how transparent and how organized the team was. Kristin was absolutely amazing, and I am so surprised at how patient she was with the amount of e-mails we sent, asking one question after the other!

Our actual event was held on November 16, 2014, and words cannot describe how amazing the experience was. The staff - attentive & friendly.... the set-up - stunning... the food - delicious ..... and the service for the bride and groom - wow! I was so well-fed and well liquored-up, and I don't even remember going to the bar even once! (Thanks Rose for keeping the supply going!)

Our family was so grateful to us that we were able to give them a unique, Florida experience... yet we are so grateful to Kristin and the entire team on board the Catalina, for their hard work in making sure our guests were a priority.

Thank you team Sun Dream for making our day a success!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having our wedding on the Sun Dream was the best choice we could have ever made! For months I emailed back and forth with Kristin and she was great! Every question I had never we think unanswered and she made me feel at ease especially since I am from new York and never went to the yacht before. On the day of the wedding it was raining and they were doing everything possible to be able to keep the ceremony on the top deck. Luckily it did stop raining and the ceremony was beautiful. Jim and his wife are amazing! My guests are still raving about how unique the wedding was and how much fun they had! Thank you Sun Dream!

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding on the Sun Dream Yacht May 24th, 2014. The staff of the Sun Dream Yachts made my wedding absolutely amazing, they tended to my every need. Kristin and Jim where great to work with, food was AMAZING and friendly service. They made my wedding the happiest day of the life.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The only issues we had with the Venue was that the boat showed up over 30 Minutes late, causing the bride to have to walk through the waiting guests in her robe to get to the boat where she had to Rush to get dressed for the ceremony. If the boat had showed up on time, the Bride would have had enough time to get on the boat and start getting dressed before the guests met int he lobby of the hotel for boarding. This would have also allowed the Bride to get a few pictures in which we never had the opportunity to take since everything was rushed from the start. Also, the room where the cake was being held was warm, and caused the cake to melt and topple over before we (as bride and groom) even boarded the boat. We noticed it the second we got on the boat, which was a shame since we never got to see our cake as a whole. Other than those two issues, which I had addressed to the company (with no positive response, besides a "Sorry"), we had a good time and the food was great.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was incredible thanks to the Sun Dream crew and staff. David was there from the very first moment I called to inquire and helped us with everything. Two weeks before the wedding, Jim, our onboard wedding attendant, took over and made me feel at ease. The flexibility with all of the planning was fantastic. The day of our wedding was spectacular. The boat is absolutely beautiful, the food is gourmet (by the way, best prime rib and penne alla vodka I have tasted in my life!!) and the crew was so welcoming. Our wedding officiant, Captain John, was incredibly friendly and made the ceremony fun for us. I was so eager to marry my husband that I said, "I Do" too soon and he joked along with us. Our guests all commented on this great and unique venue. We recommend the Sun Dream Yacht to anyone looking for a memorable South Florida wedding.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AWESOME! Everyone in the company is so helpful and flexible! Everything that I wanted they made happen. The boat was beautiful and the people were amazing to work with!

• Wedding: 03/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had an excellent wedding thanks to Sundream. My wedding was on the Catalina. Everyone complimented me on what a unique experience it was. We had out-of-town guests that got to see what life was like in Fort Lauderdale. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Most of the time these reviews aren't helpful because people exaggerate but I honestly found this to be one of the best wedding venues and it's top quality service. We left just before sunset the weather was perfect. If you decide to book with sundream on the Catalina then Carol will be your coordinator. She was FANTASTIC I could not have hoped by better person help me execute my perfect wedding day. She was on top of everything and made sure that if there was something wrong that I had no idea about it and she fixed it right away. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a great wedding. Thank you all!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an absolutely magnificent wedding aboard the Caprice on 2/8/2014. From the initial inquiry I sent to Kristin, they were nothing but a pleasure to work with. She was wonderful with the planning and details up until the week of the wedding and then I was able to work directly with Rose, who was aboard the ship the night of the wedding to ensure everything we planned went off perfectly. I cannot rave enough about the crew that night, including Captain Patrick, Rose and her husband. I have gotten many compliments about their service,friendliness and professionalism which set the tone for the whole evening. Rose was incredibly attentive to me and Patrick, making sure we were comfortable and happy at all times and also letting us know the next thing that would be happening and when (cake cutting, first dance).

The food was also amazing and again we received many compliments. I definitely recommend selecting the cake package. They did a fantastic job and it tasted SO good. It was one less thing to worry about and I couldn't have chosen a better one myself!

The atmosphere of our wedding aboard a boat on a warm February evening with the ceremony right as the sun was going down will be something I will always remember. Most of our group flocked to the outside decks of the boat, after dinner and cake, to enjoy cruising the Intracoastal with a drink in their hand and music in the background. It was such a unique experience for us and our guests while still maintaining some elements of a 'traditional' wedding.

I highly recommend Sun Dream Yacht Charters. It was truly the wedding of my dreams!

• Wedding: 02/08/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Cake
Kristen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The wedding on the Sun Dream yacht was absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!  We had an amazing time and so did our guests. Everyone raved about the food which was the best dinner we all had in a long time.  The fact that the chef made me a vegetarian meal, which was outstanding, was incredibly thoughtful. I have to say, Jim and the crew were absolutely amazing. The attention to detail and immediately correcting of any minor issues was noticed and greatly appreciated. They really went above and beyond to make out night flow smoothly. We owe them a huge thank you!!!!

The boat was beautiful and our guests simply loved the unique experience. This night is truly a memory that will not only last a lifetime for Carla and I, but will also be in the minds of our guests for years to come.  The only negative is that the night went so fast for us (we didn’t want to get off the boat).

Thank you so much and we will recommend this experience to others!!!

Richard and Carla

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SUNDREAM YACHTS are a very professional organization. Every detail was performed with perfection. Most beautiful venue me & my guests ever attended.
Parties of all kinds are available. You will NOT be disappointed.
My daughter's wedding was AMAZING!!!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Jan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I struggled with finding the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception that fit our budget. Sun Dream Yachts hosted my best friend's wedding ceremony and reception 18 years ago and she raved about what an amazing job Sun Dream Yachts did in making her day absolutely perfect! I can honestly say that David, Jim, Captain Patrick, Norma and many others went over and beyond the call of duty to make our wedding day absolutely perfect in every single way! From the moment we expressed interest to the moment we hugged them goodbye at the end of our reception, the folks at Sun Dream were a class act all the way. The yachts was spotless and beautifully decorated. The food onboard was nothing short of spectacular!! The bar service was exemplary! The Sun Dream staff was so appropriately attentive. I HIGHLY recommend Sun Dream Yachts for those who want to plan the PERFECT event!! Thank you, to my friends at Sun Dream Yachts, for the most perfect wedding ceremony and reception! You made my dreams come true!!

• Wedding: 11/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was truly the best wedding ever! not only because it was mine but because with David and Carol, it wouldn't have been such a great night. They work with you from price to food to setup. Everyone was extremely satisfied with food which was amazing. The service from the staff was top notch. The views from the yacht truly made it an unforgettable experience and a memorable wedding for all of us. If you're not looking for the typical hotel or banquet hall venue, this is the best choice!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The wedding that we had aboard the Sun Dream Yacht Charters Catalina
was an absolutely fabulous venue for a wedding or any other catered event.
The food was spectacular and the service was extraordinary.
Our guests said they had never been to such a wonderful wedding as this one.
Kudos to the entire staff of Sun Dream Yacht Charters.
They made our event like a Fairy Tale come true.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding day could not have gone any better! I chose to have our ceremony/reception on the yacht charters "Sun Dream" yacht. It was great! The guests loved the ambiance, the views and all the staff were very professional. Jim, our coordinator, made us feel like the king and queen of the yacht! For any important occasion, I would highly recommend this company. For years to come I get to remember how great our wedding was on the Sun Dream yacht.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We searched endlessly trying to find the perfect location for our destination wedding and after the first email from Sun Dream we knew we did not have to look any further. The value of their wedding packages cannot be beat and their professionalism and prompt replies to emails made it easy to plan all the way from Illinois.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
954-765-1460
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards