A Sound Celebration

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Stephen Manning did a fabulous job at our daughters wedding. He is very professional and knows how to keep the crowd moving.
He takes time to understand your likes and dislikes and puts a lot of preparation into the special event. I highly recommend him for any occasion.

Recently Married

My husband and I had our reception this past May and had relatively little time to plan (3 months). We chose to use Stephen Manning from A Sound Solution on a recomendation from one of our vendors; it was one of the best decisions we made. Stephen was incedibly professional and in tune with how we envisioned our reception. Another one of our better decisions was giving Stephen the reigns on the music selection. We gave him a general idea of what we liked, the majority age group of the attendees and then gave him carte blanche to do what he does best. It could not have turned out better. We had so many compliments on the music selection and guests even asked if they could have his playlist to use as a template for their events. I highly recommend A Sound Solution and in particular, Stephen Manning for your wedding/event.

Services Used: DJ

My husband Rob and I (along with our parents) planned our wedding in 9 weeks. Rob and I both live in Boston, while my parents live in DC. Planning a wedding long distance in such a short period of time can be extremely stressful, but one aspect that was made easy for us was our DJ Steve. Steve and his wife were EXTREMELY understanding, and responsive. The communication was awesome, at least on their end. My now husband and I struggled to get everything together but they were very patient with us, and accommodating. We met with Steve when we got down to Hilton Head a few days before our wedding. We left the meeting feeling great. It was so clear from that one meeting how passionate Steve is about music, and making sure that each wedding he does is special and individual to each bride and groom. After our wedding people could not say enough good things about the DJ and the music selection. Steve makes it personal and fun at the same time. We honestly cannot say enough great things about Steve as a DJ and as a person. Truly a great guy, who is very talented at what he does and will make your wedding special.

A Sound Celebration responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Alexandra! It was a pleasure to work with you and Rob. The wedding was beautiful. I am honored you chose A Sound Celebration to help you celebrate. God's blessings to you in your marriage.
Stephen and Lisa

Services Used: DJ

Unbelievable job at our wedding!! We had a great experience with Stephen, from meeting with him to letting him have complete control over music selection. We really did not have any clear direction with a play list. Stephen sat down with us, we gave him ideas and he ran with it. He gets the guests involved and dancing! We loved him so much that we hired him to DJ 2 of our daughters birthday parties!! The kids had the best time! Every kid was dancing, no wall flowers at this party!! I highly recommend him for any event you are having!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Oh my goodness! What can I say about DJ Stephen Manning! He was so, so great! We met with him and his wonderful wife, Lisa, before our wedding and we just knew right away that he knew what we wanted for our wedding. He performed our ceremony and our reception. He got to know us as a couple and made our whole wedding experience personal and just perfect. He played all the music that we love and kept our friends and family enjoying every minute! The evening just flowed so well. He made sure we were always happy and understood what kind of day this was. He took what he was doing very professionally, yet made it so much fun! Stephen not only got to know us, but also our family and friends and just went above and beyond what we could have asked for. He's one of those people that just gets it which is a rare quality. Thank you so much Stephen! We appreciate all that you did for us. We will never forget our special day because of all you did for us!
Best wishes,
Jeremy and Sarah

A Sound Celebration responded with the following comments:

Thanks Sarah and Jeremy! It was a joy to serve the two of you on your wedding day. Appreciate your wonderful comments and the opportunity to meet your great families. Blessings to you for a long and happy marriage!

Recently Married

What can I say; amazing, wonderful, over the top and that was not even our wedding day. Steve and Lisa and their team did a wonderful job. Their very professional approach made everything easy on us. Our wedding was in Hilton Head and we live on the other side of the country, so picking a DJ that I would not meet until the day before our wedding was very risky. After shopping around for DJs, I found “A Sound Celebration”. Despite the distance, I knew from the very beginning our wedding was in good hands. Steve and Lisa not only had their business in order, they had very positive relationships with all the other vendors. I did not have to worry about anything. They also did a great job in making our wedding very personal from working with us on music selections to incorporating the big and little things that were so very important to us. In closing I could say a great deal more, but I would recommend “A Sound Celebration” to EVERYONE!!!!

A Sound Celebration responded with the following comments:

We loved working with the two of you! It was such a joy to see the love between both of you. Really enjoyed the special song you sang/danced to! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding!
Lisa and Stephen

1 Review
1+ year ago

Amazing to work with. Very knowledgeable and professional. Helped coordinate the rearrangements when weather came in. Highly recommend.

Services Used: DJ

Stephen did a wonderful job of keeping our wedding reception on schedule, and most importantly FUN!!! He started off asking us a list of questions which sparked more questions which in turn made us think about all aspects of our event. Stephen offered his past experience on what worked and did not. His experience allowed on our decision making to create and event that was not only fun, but all our family and friends are still talking about. For my next DJ needs Stephen will the the first person we call.

Frank and Kathryn,
Being a part of your wedding was a true honor! Wishing you much happiness and love in your marriage!

Services Used: DJ

Everything was amazing. He did an outstanding job all night!

A Sound Celebration responded with the following comments:

Jon...Thank you so much for your review! I enjoyed being a part of your wedding day. I loved the dance your father did with you. That was awesome!

Services Used: DJ

Planning our Hilton Head wedding from Kansas City was definitely not the easiest thing I have ever done. When booking our music it was my sole purpose to keep our guests out of their seats and on the dance floor. From the very beginning- Stephen was wonderful to work with. He was willing to take our suggestions and gear our music playlist for our wedding around our interests. He was professional, fun, engaging and had exemplary customer service. At the end of the night, our guests were not ready to leave. Our wedding would not have been what it was without our music and hospitality from Stephen!

A Sound Celebration responded with the following comments:

Courtney...I appreciate your review. You were a stunning bride and very sweet and easy to work with. I am so glad I could be a part of your wedding day. Stephen

Services Used: DJ

Steve is someone I have known for a few years through some professional construction industry associations. I only recently learned that he did DJ work as well. I was amazed at the thoughtfulness, responsiveness, and professionalism he took towards our wedding. He did a great job, and many people said as much. He has DJ'ed our professional group's Christmas party last year and will be doing so again this year. I'm looking forward to it. Fun, Family Friendly, and a bargain at twice the price!

Dan,
It was great fun to see you in a different capacity than architect. I feel privileged to have been chosen to be a part of your wedding day. May God bless you and Tara with much happiness and love in your marriage.

Services Used: DJ

AMAZING!! If you want your day to be the best time ever Stephen Manning is your man. He takes time to get to know you personally and musically. He strives to have a face to face meeting. which allowed us to brainstorm and for him to see how we are as a couple. This is not just a job but his passion. He said to us, "every couple/event is different and so should be their music." He creates a unique play list for each event. He was able to help us find the perfect songs to fill in our blanks. He walked through the evening with us and, on our day, kept everything in motion. Everyone was up and dancing the entire night. Best Time Ever, not only from myself but from our guests. If you are ready to create your memorable day, start with Stephen Manning @ A Sound Celebration.

Services Used: DJ

I cannot recommend Stephen highly enough. First of all, I told him at the end of the night that I have been to a lot of weddings in my life, and this was the best one I have ever been to -- so how cool that it was my own. In the days that have followed the wedding, many guests have told us that they, too, agree it's the best wedding they have ever been to. That has so much to do with Stephen. He kept the tempo up all night, to the point that by the end of the night almost all of our guests were still on the dance floor. He personalized almost every song he played by letting people know which guest he was playing it for. He was warm, funny, and responsive, taking guests' requests and keeping them into it all night. He also accommodated every request I made during the reception, and he was able to find lots of uncommon Latin music that I had requested beforehand. Stephen did all of this happily and professionally. All of the guests loved him. He spent an hour and a half reviewing music with me by phone a few weeks before the wedding, and then he and his lovely wife Lisa took the time to meet with my groom and me in person the day before the wedding since we were coming from out of town. It was easy to see that he felt personally invested in making our wedding day spectacular, and I cannot thank him enough.

Services Used: DJ

We contacted Stephen from Chicago for our Hilton Head beach wedding. First and foremost, Stephen was awesome.

Most of our correspondence was through email and telephone. But Stephen went out of his way to meet us prior to the wedding once we arrived in Hilton Head; and did so simply to have a face to face interaction with us and guide us through what he was all about, and to find out everything that would make us and our day more comfortable. Incredibly personable and genuine.

As for the ceremony itself, nothing could have gone better or smoother. He kept the party rolling, kept everyone dancing, and knew when to throttle it down to give people a rest.

Stephen was genuinely invested in our day, and ensured that everything went not only according to plan, but beyond.

A week later and I'm still getting messages from friends and family about what an amazing time they all had, and how it was "the best wedding I've been to". Stephen was no small part in making that happen.

Services Used: DJ

Stephen was the best, he guided the wedding from beginning to end and did a super job. He was a pleasure to work with and he got everybody dancing. The music was superb, he had music for everyone and everyone enjoyed the party. The wedding was fantastic and A Sound Celebration was a big part of the success!

Services Used: DJ

Stephen provided a service that was professional and personal alike. He really is in tune with the crowds and moves the tempo as needed right on que. Stephen created an atmosphere that made everyone at our wedding feel welcome as well as part of the day itself. He is a one man show with his state of the art equipment (lights as well as sound), endless playlist, and a personality that will enhance any occasion. You can not go wrong invited Stephen to your next event.