A Perfect Vermont Wedding @ Mountain Meadows Lodge

Value
Flexibility
Kelly
01/25/2015

Mountain Meadows Lodge provides a perfectly picturesque setting for a Vermont wedding with it's lakefront setting surrounded by majestic mountains. The large windows allow you to enjoy a winter wedding within the venue's humble abode and warm interior. The owners and staff at Mountain Meadows Lodge were incredibly kind and amazing to work with. Throw in delicious, home-made, elegant food and you've found yourself the perfect venue for your Vermont wedding :) We're looking forward to planning future weddings at Mountain Meadows Lodge!

Carolyn
01/24/2015

The lodge is absolutely beautiful. The service was excellent. We were treated like family the whole time we were there. We had to stay a few extra days because of the snowstorm in Boston and I couldn't think of a better place to be. Our children just loved the surroundings and winter in Vermont is just breathtaking.
We loved our whole experience. Thank you Bill, Dave and the rest of the staff for making a memory for our family.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
SiobhanFFB
01/24/2015

There are not enough words to describe how awesome Bill and the Mountain Meadows team were. We were planning the wedding from long distance so had to make many choices sight unseen. Bill and Dave we so helpful getting all the rentals worked out. They don't do a lot of winter weddings but went all out to help us with our vision.

The Lodge is a wonderful mix of summer camp and your favorite Grandma's house. The interior is relaxed and cozy, with lots of comfy areas for sitting and hanging out. Due to a snowstorm, several of us spent a week there and it was perfect for an extended trip. You feel like you rented a home rather than a hotel. Having the ceremony and reception in one building made all the planning so easy. The lodge is kid friendly so little ones aren't in danger of breaking priceless heirlooms.

Services of note: PV and Dave's cooking is simple and delicious. Guests raved for days about the food (pro tip: got with the family style meal. you're welcome). Dave went above and beyond to find use the types of beer and wine that we like. He even ordered special bottles for my mom. Lauren kept things running smoothly the day of and made sure we got lunch (soo important!). The game room is a great way to keep kids (of all ages) occupied during the reception if they dislike dancing. Dave kept finding us deals on our original rental estimates that saved a ton of money.

PROS: Amazing food. Straightforward and upfront pricing. Laidback, but not lazy. Every member of the staff was very helpful. Perfect for any budget. Perfect for small weddings. Flexible in all aspect. Outdoor hot tub. Very kid friendly. Giant fireplace and s'mores. Very professional. LGBTQ friendly.

CONS: We had to go home.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Kathie
09/13/2014

Not only was everything perfect except the rain, you went above and beyond our expectations. This was our 3rd daughter's wedding, this was by far the BEST!!

Krystina
09/13/2014

I'm not sure where to begin. Mountain Meadows and all of it's staff was the most accommodating and flexible venue we looked at. They made our wedding planning experience so not stressful and fun. My husband and I had a vison for our wedding day and MML made every detail happen. The food was amazing and all of the staff made sure everything was perfect. Dave, the operations manager, was so knowledgable and always gave us options on things which we really appreciated. Bill and Ann, the inn keepers, were so welcoming and fun to be around, they made us and all of our guests staying there feel like they were right at home. If you are deciding on a Vermont wedding, or any other event, I highly recommend Mountain Meadows Lodge. We have absolutely no complaints about this place and are so sad that it's all over!

Private User
Recently Married

Wow! Mountain Meadows Lodge was the perfect location for our wedding. I had so much fun! Our primary goal in searching for a wedding venue was to find a place where we could spend quality time with our out-of-town family and friends over a wedding weekend, rather than feeling confined to a 4 hour window. On top of that, we wanted our family and friends to be able to experience Vermont's beauty! Instead of looking for something perfect, we wanted something comfortable and with character. MML really delivered! We held our rehearsal dinner and small (45 person) ceremony and reception at MML. Our guests thought the venue was a perfect choice, and they enjoyed spending time at the lodge and talking to the staff. Another great perk of MML is that Bill takes care of almost everything (venue, food, guest rooms, equipment rentals), and really knows what he's doing. The food was delicious! The rest of the staff were great, and pulled everything together better than I could have expected! I had to move my outdoor reception indoors at the last minute due to rain, and was so pleasantly surprised at how well the staff had transformed the indoor space. It looked adorable! Everyone was so flexible, and did everything they could to make us happy. I would highly recommend MML if you're looking for a unique setting to make memories and truly enjoy your wedding day!

Griffin
08/31/2014

We could not have chosen a better place to get married. The staff works so hard to make everything perfect. They were there early in the morning until late at night. It was an incredible value and the food was awesome! There's nothing more we could have hoped for.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Clare
08/31/2014

A great value at a great location with great food! It was the perfect location, couldn't have asked for anything more, expect maybe to do it all again! It rained on the day of our wedding and the staff was so helpful and able to make the ceremony perfect despite the weather. Would definitely recommend Mountain Meadow Lodge!

toby
08/16/2014

The entire team at MML worked impeccably to create a memorable wedding weekend for my daughter and her husband. As soon as the couple laid eyes on MML, they knew this was the perfect location-both inside and out- for their celebration. And, their vision came true in every way possible.

Bill and Dave, who literally run around tending to practically everything, were responsive, flexible, hard working, efficient, and willing to be put out while not batting an eye. Before the wedding, they quickly responded to all our questions as well. Lauren, the wedding coordinator, was on top of everything my daughter requested and smoothed her pre-wedding jitters all along the way. She stayed aware of all of the details and carried each one out with aplomb. Anne, Bill’s wife and co-owner, was there to both calm my nerves, as well as make sure the kitchen and any other unseen aspect of the weekend, were carried out professionally. All of our guests, and I mean all, raved about the wedding, MML as a venue, and everything MML has to offer. For a weekend retreat in a gorgeous VT setting, the staff and venue of MML cannot be surpassed.

Also, on the MML wedding website, many wedding services are posted; extra lodging, hair salons, flowers, etc. We chose several of the services MML linked us to and they all also met our expectations. I appreciate that MML provides this extra service to busy couples and their families!

If you are looking for a sublime VT wedding, we all heartily recommend MML! In both the planning and the actual wedding, Bill, Dave and the staff, combined with Alice the pig and a gorgeous setting, gave us all one of those wedding weekends to be forever remembered.

Ariel
08/16/2014

I highly recommend Mountain Meadows Lodge as a perfect Vermont wedding weekend location for anyone who is looking for a rustic, relaxed atmosphere with endless ways to have fun. Many of my wedding guests told me it was the most fun they'd ever had at a wedding! The dancing went on until midnight, the game room was a ball, the lounge area with fireplace was warm and comfortable, the hot tub was perfect for chilly Vermont summer nights, the pond was peaceful for kayaking, the walking trails began right on the property, and the rooms were charming and cozy. Alice the pig was a hit and turned up in countless pictures, and the rest of her farm palls were adorable for the kids (and all animal lovers!). I can't forget to write about the staff at Mountain Meadows, who were all completely wonderful. With their hard work, the weekend with all of the details included, went smoothly. The food for both rehearsal dinner and reception was delicious. Everyone was extremely flexible and helpful all weekend long. Lauren, Dave, Bill and Anne took the weight off my shoulders, setting up and preparing each table and corner just the way I had imagined so I could relax and get ready in the Bridal Suite. It was an unforgettable wedding weekend, to say the least. I will forever have the fondest memories of Mountain Meadows in my mind and in my heart, just as I know my husband, our families and all of our guests will too.

Katie
08/09/2014

All staff at MML were so welcoming, accommodating and friendly!

Diane
07/26/2014

We had a wonderful time at Mountain Meadows. The staff was so accommodating, helping us hang yards and yards of bunting, taping down our table runners that were flapping in the breeze, and countless other little attention to details, and doing it with smiles and patience. We had requested that the meals be vegan with also some gluten-free dishes and Billl didn't even blink, The food was delicious. I know there were a few converts to tempeh. A paddle out on the lake at sunset definitely was a very relaxing way to start the weekend. We were very happy when Alice joined us on the day of the wedding. No one could resist her charms.

David
07/26/2014

It's hard to express how absolutely perfect our wedding at Mountain Meadows was. It started when we visited mountain meadows and met Bill (the owner). The location is just stunning. It is jaw dropping beautiful. Bill was extremely warm and friendly. On day one he sat down with us and we worked with us to make sure we would stay within our budget. We put a deposit down that day. Bill and Dave (the operations manager) guided us through the process of getting taking care of the logistics. They were extremely accommodating. Our wedding was 100% vegan, they had no issues with that. Our friend made the desserts for our wedding, they made sure there was space in the freezer. We wanted to save money on the rehearsal dinner, Bill suggested we just do some veggie burgers and some salads. Every step of the way they were there to help us out and figure out a solution to our problems. The weekend of the wedding was no different. Lauren (the included wedding coordinator) was great. She was friendly and experienced. The entire staff was great as well. I feel bad writing this because it's just not a good enough writer to articulate how fantastic the whole thing was. It was the rustic Vermont wedding that we dreamed of.

There is one more thing, there is something intangible, a feeling you get, when you know something is right for you. Your wedding weekend is extremely personal and a wonderfully intense moment of your life. I truly feel that the MM staff was part of my family that weekend. They were there working hard, but also took the time to hang out for a moment and share a laugh. When I came in to MM I shook Bill's hand, when I left I gave him a hug. It is a special place run by special people. I can't recommend it highly enough.

OT
06/28/2014

We were looking for rustic, relaxed, kids-friendly wedding, but in Mountain Meadows we got much more than we expected. We still hear people commenting about how magical everything was and how much they enjoyed it. The property is not only beautifully located, it also has plenty of things to do to entertain your guests during the whole weekend. Kent Lake is beautiful - great for swimming and kayaking; the lodge is on Appalachian Trail and there is a beautiful short hike to waterfalls starting right at the door. One wakes up with birds singing in the mornings, and can see the Milky Way and fireflies at nights. Kids (and adults) enjoyed feeding Alice the pig, the pony and the goats. Bill, Dave and Lauren made everything to accommodate us and our guests and make us feel at home. Lauren is an amazing wedding planner: she came up with some great ideas about the ceremony, helped and took care of all the smallest details even before we could start worrying about them. Food was amazing, and not only during the reception: we loved the breakfasts with home baked sweet breads and lot of different fruit. Finally, Bill, Anne and their kids are great hosts: we really are very thankful for a very happy time. Everything consistently exceeded what we imagined, and has left us in awe of just what great hosts, a beautiful place, and a great time we had. Thank you!
Best, Olga and Nigel.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Aoife
06/21/2014

Mountain Meadows Lodge hosted our wedding on June 21st, 2014, and we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out.

We really enjoyed working with Bill, Anne, Dave, and Lauren, who are all such nice, down-to-earth people. They really are so flexible and accommodating in so many ways.

We were looking for a kind of "no frills" vibe, and Mountain Meadows provided a tasteful and beautifully simple way to achieve that. The grounds, particularly where the ceremony is held overlooking the lake, are absolutely beautiful and meticulously taken care of. The food on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (for brunch) was all great. We (and all of our guests) enjoyed visiting the animals, spending time in the hammocks, and hiking on the Appalachian Trail, which passes right through the grounds.

Bill and the rest of the staff basically did 90% of the work for us, guiding us through every detail that needed to be decided and checking in regularly to make sure we were on track and everyone was on the same page.

Again, we are so happy with the way our wedding turned out, and would recommend Mountain Meadows to anyone looking for a beautiful backdrop with a laid-back vibe!

Thanks again to Bill, Anne, Dave, and Lauren!!

- Aoife and Chris

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Private User
Recently Married

Although mostly everyone loves their wedding no matter what, ours was truly unforgettable thanks to Bill, Dave, Lauren and all the staff. We flew in from Brazil to have our wedding in Vermont so it came with a lot of extra problems to solve, but the people at MML are simply great! They were professional but super friendly, helpful in all possible ways, whether it was figuring out timing or calming us down before the ceremony, everything went perfect and way above our expectations.
We can't thank these guys enough, they took care of us and all our guests and made it a wedding that everyone is still talking about!
Thank you again, Bill, Dave, Lauren and all!
We hope to see you again

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning