A Perfect Vermont Wedding @ Mountain Meadows Lodge

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

It took all of 2 minutes after getting to Mountain Meadows Lodge for my husband and I to decide that it was the PERFECT place for our wedding weekend. We could not have been more right! Everything about the lodge, the staff, the ambiance was, in fact, PERFECT!! From day one, Bill, Anne, Dave and Lauren set my mind at ease on planning (which we had a year to do). They responded to all my emails in a timely manner and were incredibly accommodating! I am, by nature, a control freak and do NOT give up control of anything lightly, ever! When we arrived on Thursday to check in, we were greeted with hugs from Bill. This is a business to them but they make you feel as if it is all family! Lauren came up to the bridal suite to check-in with us and I gave her all of our centerpieces and everything else that was needed for them to do set up on Saturday. I felt instant relief of stress, I gave up all to Lauren with the complete confidence that things would be perfect, and they were.
The rehearsal went well and the bonfire was awesome and relaxing!
The day of the wedding Lauren checked in with us frequently but was never, ever pushy! Every single employee greeted everyone from us to the bridal party to the little ones running around with smiles and ease. Even though I was behind I never was made to feel rushed and the ceremony went off perfectly. The food was AMAZING, huge thanks to Bill and his kitchen staff!!! Many people went up for seconds and some for thirds!!
Dave is an amazing general manager, he was always around, working hard but never looking stressed.
I can't begin to thank them all enough for the entire weekend. Not one thing went wrong, it was a fun and wonderful time and many are already talking about returning for a "reunion" weekend!!
Thank you Bill, Anne, Dave & Lauren for all you did to help make our wedding weekend PERFECT, relaxing, TOTALLY stress-free and fun!!!!
You can't go wrong with Mountain Meadows Lodge!!!

Liz
08/01/2015

Everything was perfect for the wedding. We were very pleased with the staff, the food and the venue was perfect. We could not asked for anything better.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Stefanie
08/01/2015

Everything was so smooth and very well organized. Lauren is an excellent event coordinator and was always available and flexible.

Scott
07/25/2015

We were there 3 nights for my daughter's wedding. Everyone was really nice and accommodating. The lodge and grounds were beautiful and a special thanks to Bill for the clear skies he ordered up for the wedding! The breakfast, rehearsal dinner, wedding reception meal and booze were all fantastic! I would highly recommend them. It was great to have the whole place to our self with the exception of the occasional thru hiker on the AT who are always fun to chat with.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Excellent excellent! Highly recommend!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Perfect for small wedding, beautiful views for pictures. One stop from rehearsal to reception to staying over night.

Steve
06/20/2015

A beautiful venue with an incredible staff that embodied the definition of hospitality, excellent food and exceptional attention to detail, the little things do matter at a wedding , if this particular idea of a destination wedding appeals to you, you could not be in better hands!

Jim
06/13/2015

Bill, Anne, Lauren and staff were so professional and easy to work with that it made our wedding day perfect. They provided everything we needed and were so attentive, they had it all under control, I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

Olivia
06/13/2015

Our wedding weekend at Mountain Meadows could not have been more perfect!!! Bill and Anne were wonderful hosts to us and made sure we had everything we could possibly need. Lauren was a dream! She ensured everything ran perfectly, and she put both my husband and I at ease, knowing that we could rely on her to make sure everything was perfect. She was so delightful to work with, and she and her staff ensured that everything looked beautiful-- from the smallest to the largest details. Everyone raved about the food-- Bill and PV blew us all away with how delicious the filet mignon was. I have a gluten allergy, and Bill and staff went out of their way to make sure I had plenty to eat that was safe for me. I could not say enough positive things about our experience with Mountain Meadows. We had our dream wedding, and they made that dream come true!

Julie
05/30/2015

Everything was absolutely perfect! Dave and Lauren were wonderful at keeping everyone on track and things running smoothly. I can't wait to come back and visit again.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Susan & Brian
05/02/2015

Mountain Meadow Lodge was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding. The lodge itself is so quaint, but large and homey, with warmth and country charm filling every nook and cranny. It was a weekend of friends and family joining together for many activities. From the Welcome dinner, bonfire, s'mores, beverage selections, disc golfing, hiking, boating, fishing, yard games, and feeding the barn animals; to the wedding ceremony on the lawn, beautiful tent reception, dancing, wish lanterns and brunch the next day! it was more than the bride and groom dreamed it would be. (Mom & Dad too!) All the staff went above and beyond to make every aspect go off without a hitch, and always had a smile on their faces. A truly fabulous group of people! Owners Bill and Anne were so very friendly and accommodating from the very first question to the final cleanup. So many wonderful things I could say; Bill the Chef with scrumptious home cooked selections, Anne arranged two teenagers to help with childcare on site, Dave can make anything and everything work, Lauren assisted with many aspects of our "planning" directing us as needed, and all the bar, kitchen and lodge help were simply so competent, friendly and just terrific! We couldn't be happier. A perfect day, a perfect setting, the sun was shining and smiles abundant! Guest were frequently heard to say.. the food was great, lodge terrific, "Best wedding ever!"

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Kelly
01/25/2015

Mountain Meadows Lodge provides a perfectly picturesque setting for a Vermont wedding with it's lakefront setting surrounded by majestic mountains. The large windows allow you to enjoy a winter wedding within the venue's humble abode and warm interior. The owners and staff at Mountain Meadows Lodge were incredibly kind and amazing to work with. Throw in delicious, home-made, elegant food and you've found yourself the perfect venue for your Vermont wedding :) We're looking forward to planning future weddings at Mountain Meadows Lodge!

Carolyn
01/24/2015

The lodge is absolutely beautiful. The service was excellent. We were treated like family the whole time we were there. We had to stay a few extra days because of the snowstorm in Boston and I couldn't think of a better place to be. Our children just loved the surroundings and winter in Vermont is just breathtaking.
We loved our whole experience. Thank you Bill, Dave and the rest of the staff for making a memory for our family.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
SiobhanFFB
01/24/2015

There are not enough words to describe how awesome Bill and the Mountain Meadows team were. We were planning the wedding from long distance so had to make many choices sight unseen. Bill and Dave we so helpful getting all the rentals worked out. They don't do a lot of winter weddings but went all out to help us with our vision.

The Lodge is a wonderful mix of summer camp and your favorite Grandma's house. The interior is relaxed and cozy, with lots of comfy areas for sitting and hanging out. Due to a snowstorm, several of us spent a week there and it was perfect for an extended trip. You feel like you rented a home rather than a hotel. Having the ceremony and reception in one building made all the planning so easy. The lodge is kid friendly so little ones aren't in danger of breaking priceless heirlooms.

Services of note: PV and Dave's cooking is simple and delicious. Guests raved for days about the food (pro tip: got with the family style meal. you're welcome). Dave went above and beyond to find use the types of beer and wine that we like. He even ordered special bottles for my mom. Lauren kept things running smoothly the day of and made sure we got lunch (soo important!). The game room is a great way to keep kids (of all ages) occupied during the reception if they dislike dancing. Dave kept finding us deals on our original rental estimates that saved a ton of money.

PROS: Amazing food. Straightforward and upfront pricing. Laidback, but not lazy. Every member of the staff was very helpful. Perfect for any budget. Perfect for small weddings. Flexible in all aspect. Outdoor hot tub. Very kid friendly. Giant fireplace and s'mores. Very professional. LGBTQ friendly.

CONS: We had to go home.

Kathie
09/13/2014

Not only was everything perfect except the rain, you went above and beyond our expectations. This was our 3rd daughter's wedding, this was by far the BEST!!

Krystina
09/13/2014

I'm not sure where to begin. Mountain Meadows and all of it's staff was the most accommodating and flexible venue we looked at. They made our wedding planning experience so not stressful and fun. My husband and I had a vison for our wedding day and MML made every detail happen. The food was amazing and all of the staff made sure everything was perfect. Dave, the operations manager, was so knowledgable and always gave us options on things which we really appreciated. Bill and Ann, the inn keepers, were so welcoming and fun to be around, they made us and all of our guests staying there feel like they were right at home. If you are deciding on a Vermont wedding, or any other event, I highly recommend Mountain Meadows Lodge. We have absolutely no complaints about this place and are so sad that it's all over!