A Perfect Setting

A Perfect Setting

Dazzling. Chic. Exquisite. Just like diamonds, our weddings have style.

850 Bronx River Road
Suite 102
Bronxville, NY 10708 | map
Weddings: Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / Green, ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Flexibility:
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tamieka was very helpful, understanding and a pleasure work with. She had a great track record of responding in a timely manner.

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do we begin? We don't know what to thank you for first: The personal touches, the amazing decor, the venue, recommending awesome vendors including, DJ entertainment, photographers, officiator, hair stylist, the elegant atmosphere, and your kindness and helpfulness. You were simply the best. Everything ran so smoothly and without a hitch. We have gotten nothing but compliments from all our guests and family. We could not ever thank you enough for everything you did for us, and all the things you took care of for us. You went out of your way to make sure that our day was just perfect. Planning a wedding can be so stressful, but you made it so smoothly and manageable. You provided us with the most perfect, beautiful wedding day where all our dreams come true. Please know that your part of our wedding memories. You helped create our most perfect day! We will recommend A Perfect Setting Wedding and Events Inc. to every engaged couple we meet from now on.

Thank you again for making our wedding memorable on every level! We couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful day!

Infinite Thanks,

Francis & Zaid

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Planning
Francis
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was a pleasure working with Tamieka & A Perfect Setting. She was able to put my mind at ease with all of the details that planning a surprise wedding entails. Every single vendor that Tamieka suggested was professional, friendly, & made me feel like they really cared about making my wedding perfect.
On the day of my wedding, everything went perfectly. Tamieka & her staff handled any hiccups & kept us on schedule. It was a tremendous relief not to be worried or stressed the day of with any issues. Her staff was excellent & made my family feel extra special.
I would use A Perfect Setting again for another major event & I would recommend their services. It was money well spent!

• Wedding: 11/11/2012
MrsGee
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A Perfect Setting was wonderful! My original planner got really sick and I was in need of assitance right away. I live in Baltimore and was planning a wedding in New York. Finding A Perfect Setting was a blessing. Tamieka and her Team was simple a joy to work with from beginning to end. As an Executive I've worked with many national vendors for major events, I would hire A Perfect Setting to be a part of any event and know for a fact that the results would be above my expectations! They are professional, knowledgeable and resourceful while meeting our goals all at the same time.

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
D'Andrea
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose APSWE for full service event planning for our wedding. The service was amazing. Tamieka was with us from beginning to end. She styled and designed everything for our wedding. We had weekly conference calls to discuss updates and met many times per month to attend vendor meetings. Tamieka was always available and willing to help and give her recommendations. She always had a smile on her face. Every vendor appointment we attended, the vendors would say we know you are in great hands working with Tamieka. As you can see she is well known for her excellent work.

Tamieka was a pleasure to work with. She turned our dream into reality. Every idea she presented was well thought out and amazing such as color selections, linens, flowers, decor, dress, tux selection, etc. Tamieka was by our side the entire process and she made us feel at ease. Our bridal party and guests are tell raving about Tamieka and her team's professionalism and talent. If you are looking to have an amazing and memorable event please book APSWE. We already miss Tamieka.

Thanks,
Jason and Jonisha Lewis

A Perfect Setting responded with the following comments:

Jonisha and Jason thanks so much for this glowing review. I can't believe 18 months of planning with you went by so fast. You two were a pleasure to work with and the results were simply amazing! Chandai, Carmel and I wish you all the best in your marriage. Please stay in touch!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
Jonisha
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent ! Tamieka is amazing, talented and a friend of the family. Top notch quality of service is what you will get with her team. APSWE made my day easier and I could relax because I had everything else in the hands of my coordinator. I loved working with APSWE. It is so worth it! I miss her already. Look into a perfect setting wedding and events if you want quality service.

A Perfect Setting responded with the following comments:

Jessica thanks so much for the glowing review. I hope you and Al are enjoying your honeymoon. I miss you two also. Please send my love to your family - they are simply the best!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just when I though that things weren't going to fall into place, they did! Tamieka Jones was by my side through snow and rain to make sure that things went our way. She was open to suggestions and stuck firmly through with her game plan. there was alot of improvising that needed to be done through out our planning because of the venue. We had a wedding in a regular Romanian restaurant that wasnt to cooperative and easy going, But when Tamieka Jones was done with them, the place was transformed into a Dream. I couldn't believe the out coem and 2 weeks later people are still complimenting the overall wedding. Even the owner of the Restaurant said that was the best wediing by far that they had there. You can say I'm blessed for having a winter storm hit in October on our wedding day,lol.

• Wedding: 10/29/2011
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Tamieka was by far, one of the best decisions that I made when planning my wedding!!

A lot of brides assume that they can "do it all" with the help of family members and DIY websites; I was certainly one of those brides, until I realized that I could not pull everything off alone; I realized that I needed the assistance of a PROFESSIONAL to ensure that all of my hard work paid off on my special day (i'm a picky pefectionistl) . During my preliminary/consultation meeting with Tamieka, I was sold! She was very honest, patient, and thorough; she got my vision and she got me as a bride! Within a day, I hired her to coordinate my wedding day!

Indeed, Tamieka exceeded my (and my husband's) expectations with her professionalism, compassion, responsiveness, attention to detail, awesome advice, organizational skills, and great sense of humor (trust me, it helps when you're planning a wedding and feeling overwhelmed with details).

If you are still trying to decide who to hire, don't look any further. Tamieka is the best and everyone in the industry (including my very particular minister/mentor) enjoys working with her.

• Wedding: 07/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tamieka Jones helped me to organize my vendors and things that I did not even think about. She stayed on top of all and every issue on the day of the wedding so that me and my husband could fully enjoyed our day without worrying. I had and still have no idea of what went on behind the scenes that day. All I know is that A Perfect Setting created a Perfect Day for us. Thank you sooooo much, Tamieka Jones for your expertise. I could not have had such a beautiful wedding without you.

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tamieka- was wonderful.She was able to work with my budget!That counted the most.When it came down to the flowers she made a referral for me and they were also ablt to work w/ my budget.She gave her honest opinions suggests/comments.She made my day memorable and yes it was on a budget!!!!!

A Perfect Setting responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the review Debbie! I'm a woman of my word and gave you beautiful decor on a budget. I wish you and Kevin all the best. Please stay in touch!

• Wedding: 04/23/2011

Ms. Tamieka Jones,

You are wonderful, and beautiful, both inside and out. Andrew and I were so grateful to have both you and Simone by our side the entire day. Thank you for being so tolerant of me and the rest of my clan, we know we are a handful. Everyone was saying I was the calmest Bride they had ever seen, if only they knew you were my little secret. You have definitely built a fan club with the entire family. Actually, we voted and you are officially part of the family.

Thanks Again for Everything
We love you
Angie

• Wedding: 08/01/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Getting a wedding planner for the day was a great decision and I am grateful for all the help and support our planner, Tamieka, provided. She is friendly, professional, organized, and even helped me to get last minute transportation and flowers-at a discount! I was able to enjoy my wedding and reception knowing that she was in control and looking out for everything. Whenever a problem occurred Tamieka was there to efficiently eliminate it. When we left the reception, the car was packed and ready waiting for us and she stayed behind to assist our guests departure. I highly recommend Tamieka and would work with her again for any special event in the future.

• Wedding: 07/23/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I did all my research and booked vendors myself so that was that so to speak. Yet something was missing. This was my wedding and I wanted it to be fabulous! I wanted to enjoy it ! Four months before my wedding, against my fiance's wishes I hired Tamieka Jones of A Perfect Setting for day of direction services. This included things such as reviewing decor details, conduct the wedding rehearsal, confirm all vendor contracts and arrangements, and reviewing guest list and seating arrangement assistance.
I must say one of the best things about working with Tamieka was that she was very honest about my vision for my ceremony. I remember she asked me "How do you envision your wedding day?" I had a few ideas but was really "iffy" about some of my thoughts so she gave me the pros and cons as well as offered some suggestions.
She streamlined my vendor selection and worked very closely with them. I was fascinated with the fact that most of my vendors knew who she was and spoke highly about her to me.I found it amazing that I selected my vendors way before she was brought into the picture. This worked out for me because she was able to share some experiences that she had with them and knew what would work for my event.
She scheduled our appointments based on our availability. this was very important to us because my fiance and i have hectic work schedules. A Perfect Setting states that their work for day of direction services begins four to six weeks before the wedding, this is definitely not true.i consulted and booked Tamika around late April for my wedding which took place the first week in July. From the time we booked til the night before she was on the go.
Tamieka's professionalism was shown in every aspect.I can remember people warning me that I would not enjoy my wedding day because I would have to run around and make sure everything was taken care of. This was not the case at all I felt like a guest at my own wedding I can remember everything from beginning to end.I sat back and cuddled with my husband and shared laughs with my guests. I am still amazed at how smoothly everything went. What surprised me the most was how impresssed my husband was with Tamieka's services (after all he insisted that we had everything under control and that a planner wasn't necessary).
Tamieka was always available when I needed her. I never felt that she was "unaccessible" to me. She was my psychiatrist when my bridesmaids and the rest of the world drove me nuts during my planning, but most of all she became a friend. I can't wait until she starts planning my daughter's sweet 16 because she can do it all !!!!!

A Perfect Setting responded with the following comments:

Thank you for this amazing review. I miss working with you. I would be honored to plan your daughter's sweet sixteen.

• Wedding: 07/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I only have one word EXCELLENT, even when I became a bit Bridezzilla, she stayed professional. Thanks Tamika, may the Lord continue to Bless you.

• Wedding: 05/08/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A Perfect Setting Wedding and Events, Inc is the reason why our wedding day was a dream come true from the very first moment to the very last good-night. APSWE exceeded our expectations and clearly went above and beyond what we had hoped for. They were 100% responsible for our amazing wedding day. They provided us with top notch services from planning, collaborating, providing their expertise, feedback, and true professionalism.
Our planner, Tamieka L. Jones, took the time to get to know my husband and I which allowed her the ability to create and implement our vision for our perfect wedding day. She listened to the details that we wanted to create for our “out of the box” wedding, and in return she was able to create exactly the experience we wanted our guests to have and to surround our union. Getting to know us really well gave her the ability to understand our vision and support decision making during the planning process and on the day of the event. She was able to recommend high quality vendors that met the requirements of our budget. In addition, she provided budget analysis and management. What I appreciated the most was Tamieka’s consistent and constant availability to us as we planned our wedding day. She became my best friend, my sister, and at times my mother during a time when I needed the support, advice, and feedback from a trusted person. Like a good friend or family member, she was always there for me throughout the planning process. I will always remember the trip with her into the city to purchase the supplies for the beautiful centerpieces she designed, her attendance during the signing of contracts with vendors, and the flawless timeline she created.
We received so many compliments from family and friends regarding the fine details they saw at our wedding which made it stand out from other weddings they had experienced. Tamieka guided us from the color scheme choice of our wedding, turquoise and platinum, to the fine details that were consistent from our invitations, programs, hotel bags, escort cards, linens, table numbers and sparkling cake topper and cutting set. She gave us amazing décor that fit our budget. My husband and I are traditional, yet contemporary. Tamieka was able to create a “Modern Classic” wedding that was a complete reflection of our style, personalities, and values. Guests were amazed at the attention to the fine details.
Tamieka showed true leadership during our wedding rehearsal, in the implementation of the wedding day timeline, and the direction of the ceremony. This allowed us to relax and enjoy our day. We did not feel like we had to manage our vendors the night of the wedding. Rather, due to Tamieka and her assistant, we felt like guests of honor at our own party, with no worries. They shielded us from any mishap that may have occurred and took care of everything to ensure that we just had fun!
I would highly recommend APSWE to any bride who is trying her best to plan her dream wedding day. APSWE enabled us to create every detail of our vision, enjoy our day, and have a truly haute couture wedding. We owe the beauty of our day and ease of our experience to APSWE. We have become such good friends with Tamieka and still consult with her for after wedding advice on thank you cards, albums, and dress preservation. We consider her to be part of the family. We can not thank APSWE and Tamieka enough!

• Wedding: 08/21/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A Perfect Setting Wedding and Events, Inc. made my wedding an experience that shall not soon be forgotten! Tamieka worked closely with us to ensure that our day was absolutely perfect. My husband and I were impressed by Tamieka and her ability to own and operate such a wonderful business, except you would never know that she was running a business because she always treated us like family. Tamieka is extremely organized, knowledgeable, well known in the industry and above all else has an easy going personality. Tamieka made sure that our event was exactly as we had always envisioned. Thank you Tamieka and Deborah, you two are wonderful, and it is because of your help that our day was flawless. We appreciate the time, and attention to detail that you paid to us and our guests, and without you we would have never been able to make our day as perfect and easy going as you did. Again, thank you so much for everything that you have done to make our wedding day truly A Perfect Setting!

• Wedding: 08/07/2009
800-451-2951
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards