A Moveable Feast by O'Connor's

A Moveable Feast by O'Connor's

Favorite
New Hartford, NY
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

A Moveable Feast is absolutely incredible. We worked with Patrick who was extremely easy going, fun, honest, and willing to work with our budget. All of the staff are extremely friendly and efficient. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was amazing. We would hands down recommend this catering company to anyone for any event!

Services Used: Catering

I have so many wonderful things to say about A Moveable Feast by O'Connors! When we started planning our wedding (which we did living in Las Vegas, and the wedding being held in upstate New York) we knew that the food was very important, as my husband and both of his brothers are chefs. From day one, A Moveable Feast by O'Connors was very responsive to emails and quickly got us a quote. We had special requests, such as, the bbq be done on a wood fired grill and that we wanted gold plate chargers, and each of these things were not a problem. I was able to fly out to the east coast for a tasting at their location and they truly did a great job. I was able to select linens and napkins (all provided) and see photos. The food was delicious and all of our questions were answered and notes were taken when we wanted something done differently. For example, I asked if it was possible to do green ramekins for the baked beans, (instead of standard red or blue) and they suggested instead of packaged toilettes after the bbq meal, to have hot towels instead! So nice! On the wedding day, the food was on time and was absolutely amazing! The beer and wine choices that they helped us select for the bar were a big hit. And the staff of A Moveable Feast by O'Connors was PERFECT. I have never seen such amazing service at a wedding, everyone was friendly, helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that every, single guest was taken care of. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. The only negative thing I have to say was regarding our raw bar. We decided on the raw bar as an extra item to be served at cocktail hour, for that extra wow factor. This was a very large expense in our food budget, and unfortunately, the presentation was not very nice. I had asked to see photos prior, but none were available. That is probably my biggest regret, as it was more expensive than our meal itself. If you are able to book A Moveable Feast by O'Connors, I really recommend them wholeheartedly!!!

Services Used: Catering

My night went extremely smooth, no issues at all. Very professional and the food was delicious. Would recommend this caterer to anyone!

Services Used: Catering

Excellent service and food, would definitely recommend!

Meg
1 Review
10/18/2014

I am so grateful to the entire crew at A Moveable Feast, they did a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. Ordering was easy and they were very thorough in planning the entire event. Everyone raved about the food and the service was wonderful, friendly and efficient. I would definitely use them again.

Services Used: Catering

We were very happy with A Moveable Feast. Choosing a venue, in the Hudson Valley, that required us to rent everything created a difficult task for us. All of the local catering companies didn't provide anything, meaning we would need to supply everything down to the salt and pepper shakers, butter dishes, sugar bowls, water pitcher, etc. It would had been a nearly impossible task, not to mention raising our budget immensely. Thankfully we contacted A Moveable Feast and were so happy to find out that they could provide everything, minus the tables and chairs. This was a huge weight off of our shoulders.

My brother and sister-in-law used them for their wedding and were very pleased. I originally didn't contact them because I assumed the traveling fee would be ridiculous. Once I felt defeated by the local catering companies, I finally contacted A Movable Feast and was amazed to find out that they not only would travel the 2.5 hours, but also at a very reasonable extra fee. Do yourself a favor and don't waste the time with other caterers.

They worked with me and accommodated nearly all of my wishes, including family style meal, cider and donut welcoming treats, and pie for desert! Melissa was so good at responding to all of my emails in a timely fashion and Patrick even came down to visit the site prior to the event to become familiar with it and hash out any discrepancies.

The majority of our wedding took place outside. Unfortunately the day called for rain. With a lot of last minute decision making and coordinating everyone was able to pull it all together and make our wedding a dream come true. The rain actually added to the fall atmosphere and Pat and his team improvised better than I would had expected. On top of all of that, the food and service was great. They customized the menu exactly to our Fall and Italian taste! We highly recommend A Moveable Feast!

Jessica
09/27/2014

We hired A Moveable Feast by O'Connor's to cater our bar for our wedding reception. They offered an option where we only needed to provide the alcohol and they provided all of our mixers, garnishes, and glassware. This was such a nice option as we were able to gauge how much we thought our guests would drink. This saved us a ton of money on our bar service! They came early and had everything set up for our cocktail hour. I would recommend this company for bar services.

Brian
1 Review
09/20/2014

They were amazing from start to finish.

Recently Married

food was delicious! The owner provided my family with a tasting and was very professional. This vendor even went to my reception venue to make sure he was all set for set up for the actual wedding day.

Recently Married

Food tasted great and they we're flexible with the menu. Some food was not even close to hot when it got served.

Services Used: Catering

I cannot write enough wonderful things about A Moveable Feast. Patrick and his team are incredible professionals who go above and beyond to ensure everything is perfect on your wedding day. We had passed appetizers, open bar with wine/beer/signature cocktail (summer shandys!) and dessert/coffee served with A Moveable Feast. The appetizers were just delicious and it was very classy having them passed during cocktail hour. What my husband and I remember most from A Moveable Feast was how they made us feel on our wedding day. They went out of their way to always ensure we had anything we needed without even having to ask. I would, without hesitation, strongly recommend A Moveable Feast as a wedding caterer. Thank you guys so much!

1+ year ago

Patrick and his crew were a pleasure to work with. The food and service both were amazing!

Services Used: Catering

We were looking for a way to host a beautiful wedding on a limited budget, and ended up deciding to do a serve-yourself-buffet with 8 different dishes ordered from O'Connors. The owner was so patient and helpful in answering all of our questions (including how we could transport the food, the size of vehicle we would need to fit it all, etc.) and everyone was amazed by how delicious the food was! We received numerous compliments. Thank you, O'Connors Moveable Feast, for helping to make our 5/24/14 wedding as beautiful as we could have imagined!

One note: I would say that the easiest way to contact this vendor regarding questions/followup is by telephone, as they occasionally get overwhelmed by slews of e-mails and might take a while to get back to an e-mail.

Services Used: Catering

An easy 5. Everything was amazing! Food, decor, and staff. Patrick O'Connor is great to work with. We had a large wedding in a barn and everyone commented on how delicious the food was. Extremely happy with everything he did for us!

Services Used: Catering

Patrick delivers! As promised the food at our wedding was so delicious. The presentation was incredible and the service was first class. We were nervous at first because of the distance from our venue to his facility but Patrick assured us it was no issue at all and he was absolutely right. We got so much more than we paid for. We couldn't have done it without him and his team. Thank you!!

Services Used: Catering

One of the most common compliments we received from our wedding was the food. Everyone said it was the best meal they ever had. Patrick, the owner, does a wonderful job with his staff. He was very accommodating - we had 5 course options (chicken, duck, beef, vegetarian and a kids' meal). He's great to work with and always has some good ideas on what can work. I highly recommend that you use the tasting he provides as a way to decide what food you will serve - we did ours almost a year before our wedding and had our menu set shortly afterwards.