A Grand Affaire Catering

A Grand Affaire Catering

A Grand Affaire at a Great Value!

1801 East Marion Street
Seattle, WA 98122 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 500
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beauty is very important to me. I am truly visual-- Monica Newby and her team at A Grand Affaire Catering do things beautifully, elegantly, and with class. This catering company can do anything. Name it. They're truly flexible and provide for their clients across the spectrum--anything from their delicious self-service catering trays to lavish show-stopping events that will make people talk.

I think the best part, though, is that in working with A Grand Affaire, you will get true, experienced professionals who care deeply about the success of your event, and have the ability to bring about that success through delicious food, attentive service and world-class presentation. Real people, who work really hard to please you, because you, your future business, and your referrals are ultimately the very best compliment.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't possibly praise Monica and her staff enough. Monica is fantastic, she responded very quickly to all communication and worked with me to adjust the menu to meet the dietary needs of my relatives with food allergies. The day of the event her staff arrived right on time to begin set up they were all extremely friendly and professional and adjusted the schedule throughout the event to keep pace with my guests. The food was absolutely delicious all of my guest raved about it especially the mini monte cristo sandwiches and the smoked duck quesadillas, and the presentation of everything was absolutely beautiful! I plan to recommend A Grand Affaire to anyone I know that's planning an event.

• Wedding: 08/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Monica and A grand Affaire team were awesome. They cater our wedding which had 250 and we knew that was going to be a lot and their team did fabulous. We love their food and service and Monica was great giving us options for both American & Filipino food at the same time. We would definitely used them again for any other event. Monica thank you for awesome service and your team was GREAT!!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Aiza & Jonathan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend A Grand Affaire Catering!

My husband and I chose to hire Monica for our wedding reception. We attended a couple of her tastings and loved the food! Her pricing was very reasonable and unmatched by any of the other catering companies we looked at. I didn't have a large budget but Monica came up with lots of ideas to help me stay within my budget while still offering great tasting menu options.

From the beginning I was impressed with Monica's level of professionalism as well as her warm and fun personality. I really felt like I was working with a friend. I really appreciated that I was working directly with Monica, the owner, the entire time. We met Monica at the Seattle Wedding Show and she spent a lot of time there talking with us and answering questions. She always had plenty of time to talk to me and discuss not only the food but she even helped me figure out many other aspects of my wedding. In fact the week of my wedding I was in her office and she asked what I had left to do. When I told her I hadn't booked the limo yet she picked up her phone and called a couple limo companies and we booked it.

The day of our wedding there was an issue with our beverages that I wasn't aware of but Monica went the extra mile and a half to handle it and ensure that all our drinks were there and I didn't even realize that there had been any issues.

Speaking of her professionalism, I found out after we hired her that she is also the Seattle Chapter President of NACE (National Association of Catering and Events) which didn't surprise me at all. While Monica is an expert in her field she is also quite modest and I only discovered that she holds this position through a third party.

We had such a great experience with A Grand Affaire Catering that we will definitely hire them again to cater other events in the future.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend A Grand Affaire Catering!

Christy and Eric

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired A Grand Affaire Catering for my daughter's wedding. The food was completely delicious and thoroughly exquisite. My taste buds were having a spectacular time with all the foods. I couldn’t have chosen a better catering company. Working with Monica was a great pleasure and she worked very hard to get everything the way we needed them to be. In addition, her staff were all wonderful to work with and very professional.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Stacy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I hosted a party at our home to celebrate our destination wedding with all our friends and family who were unable to attend. From the first phone call to Monica to the delivery of the food to our home everything was perfect. We decided to order party platters and Monica helped me pick out a great menu and figure out exactly how many I would need. The platters were delivered right to our home exactly on time and the presentation was beautiful. We were provided with all the utensils we needed and great instructions on what needed to be kept cold until we put it out. Our guests absolutely loved the food and couldn't stop talking about it. I have nothing but great things to say about this company, they made our party a huge success!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
Emily
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Monica was extremely helpful in planning the catering. We had both hot and cold express items delivered. The delivery was on time and Humberto, who delivered for us, was very efficient. The quality of the food was phenomenal--everyone raved about the salads and the potatoes and roasted vegetables. The serving trays were elegant enough to be placed on the buffet table and all utensils were provided. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend A Grande Affair. Very professional and easy to work with. Superb quality!

• Wedding: 12/22/2012
lynn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very pleased with the food and service; everything tasted excellent and the servers were very nice. Monica listened to what we were aiming for a wedding style and even made some recommendations for ideas that we had not thought of. I had family in from LA who have been to some big LA weddings and events and commented how great our food tasted. It was important to me for my wedding that the food be something that my guests would remember and A Grand Affaire definitely accomplished that!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A Grand Affaire catered our wedding (125 guests, passed hors d'oeurvres during cocktail hour followed by two-course plated dinner). I received SO many compliments on the delicious food and impeccable service. Everything I tasted was wonderful, and all of the servers were so friendly and thoughtful. (Example: we'd had six cakes, all different flavors, and at one point I returned to the bridal table after dancing and found a slice of each type of cake waiting for me and the groom - the servers had known we would miss getting any if they didn't save them for us. So sweet!)

I'd happily recommend A Grand Affaire to anyone who asked.

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can not say enough to express how pleased we were with the overall service we received. A Grand Affaire went above and beyond our expectations. Their flexibility and willingness to work within our budget relieved so much stress from our wedding. The staff and captain were true professionals. I have no problem at all recommending A Grand Affaire to anyone who wants a worry free catering experience.
Darren and Sharon Cundiff

A Grand Affaire Catering responded with the following comments:

Thank you Darren & Sharon. You two were a dream to work with too and we really appreciate you and wish you the best happiness!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used A Grand Affaire Catering for drop off appetizers for my wedding. Although I was unable to taste any of their food before it was all gone, all I heard from our guests were positive remarks! Monica was great to work. She gave great suggestions of food choices and was so patient with me as I changed my mind like 50 times!

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had A Grand Affaire Catering do the food for our wedding this past summer. The entire experience working with this company was wonderful. Monica and the rest of the staff are very knowledgeable and are great people to work with. We received so many compliments from our guests about the food, many of them saying it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I would highly recommend AGA!

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Unbelieveable good and service! We would recommend A Grande Affaire Catering to anyone!!!

• Wedding: 07/24/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so glad we chose A Grand Affaire to cater our wedding! Not only did Monica and her staff confidently and clearly answer all of our questions, but they listened to our feedback. Perhaps most importantly - the food was INCREDIBLE. We're still hearing compliments from friends and family about the Mexican-themed menu (their carne deshebrado is out-of-this-world). We were also blown away by the service staff during our reception. They were friendly, helpful, and professional (and funny!). We would highly recommend A Grand Affaire to other couples looking for a wedding caterer.

• Wedding: 06/26/2010

Fabulous!

• Wedding: 09/23/2006
206-957-0037
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7