A Formal Affair Limousine and Trolley

A Formal Affair Limousine and Trolley

1500 Ocean Street
Marshfield, MA 02050 | map
Vehicles: Classic Car, Exotic Car, Limousine - Standard, Limou...
Liability Insurance: Yes

4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Stephen and the female driver we had were friendly, professional, prompt and looked great. Unfortunately my husband said the limo to the ceremony smelled like vomit :( They were a bit slow to respond to emails- like a couple days before a response- which wasn't a big deal to me but may bother other brides. Flexibility I put down as 4 stars because on the wedding day we were told we had to leave the reception promptly at 9PM (the time the reception ended) due to another job lined up later that night. That was probably partly our fault for deciding last minute to do an airport transfer but had me a little nervous all night about timing (I wanted to be sure we were out at 9 and didn't miss our ride to the airport!) The female driver we had for the ceremony was awesome, she didn't mind a little detour on the way to the reception and was super friendly. Stephen was also chatty and got us safe and sound to the airport in no time flat.

Overall I thought they were very good and would highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an excellent experience hiring A Formal Affair to provide a trolley for our wedding. Last minute weather changes meant that the original plan had to change, but that was no problem. I'd especially like to thank our driver, Joe, for being an absolute pleasure to work with. He was great with everyone, and seemed genuinely excited to help us out, even helping the photographer as we raced oncoming rain to get pictures taken. The trolley was beautiful, and even though we didn't end up needing to shuttle as many people as we originally expected, it was a big addition to the day, and a great setting for some of our photos.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter got married on August 9, 2014 in Falmouth, MA. When my daughter decided she'd like a trolley for transportation we were a little late making contact. However, one of the other companies that was booked gave us the number for "A Formal Affair" in Marshfield. Steve was extremely helpful while we planned our event. On the wedding day, the trolley was on time (or early) even though traffic that day was some of the worst we've ever seen! The inside was air conditioned and the seating was comfortable and ample for our wedding party. Our driver was polite and helpful as we got on and off the trolley. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used A Formal Affair for 2 limos and the trolley. The vehicles were good. No complaints.
The drivers were professional, courteous, and did a great job with paying attn. to the details.
They arrived early and stayed late until everyone got back to the hotel safely after the reception.

I would use them again. They did an outstanding job.

St Agatha's Wedding Party, Milton
8/8/14

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We rented a 30-person trolley for our wedding and had problem fitting our large wedding party and family. The trolley was in great condition inside and out and made for some beautiful pictures. The driver Steve was the best! He arrived on time and got us to our final destination a little early giving us more time for pictures. He was professional, polite and even helped hold the church doors open for my processional. The owner was also very professional and prompt in getting back to emails. He went over the day of schedule a few weeks before to ensure he had all the details and directions. I definitely recommend A Formal Affair for any transportation needs. They let us relax and enjoy the day!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used A Formal Affair Limousine Service for my daughter’s wedding (1-5-13) and they were outstanding. The trolley added a "Touch of Flair" to the wedding day. Steve the driver was very prompt, professional and the overall service and price was outstanding. I would definitely use "A Formal Affair" again and I highly recommend their services for any event. My daughter and the entire bridal party had a blast!
Thanks for a great day
Scott and Barbara

• Wedding: 01/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used their services for a Trolley for our wedding. I don't have anything bad or negative to say about them. Easy to work with, on time and great looking trolley! It was an added bonus on our already great day!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy we went with a trolley from Formal Affair! It was a great experience and by FAR the prettiest, classiest (no disco balls thank god), and cleanest trolley we checked out - and it feels like we checked out hundreds. Also, the trolley is completely open with connected benches all around the perimeter. We had a huge wedding party, and wanted everyone to be able to sit with and see each other! Every other trolley we checked out either had a combination of perimeter and row seating, or had a half wall dividing the front and back of the trolley.

As others have noted, responsiveness was the only thing we wouldn't score a 5. But they were very flexible when we changed the plan a week before the wedding, the trolley was on time, and the driver was professional and friendly (he even helped fix my dress right before I walked down the aisle). We were so happy with this vendor, and the trolley ride ended up being our favorite part of the day! Would recommend to everyone.

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
3.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

You guys are awesome! Thank you for such wonderful service on our wedding day. You went far and beyond to provide quality service. I would recommend you to anybody.

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Stephen at Formal Affair offers an incredible service that added so much style to our wedding. The trolley and vintage 1940's caddie were incredible! Our guests loved them and out pictures were amazing.

The service he provided along with the driver were unmatched and only enhanced our day further because of their friendliness.

If you need wedding transportation or even looking for a special ride A Formal Affair should definitely be at the top of your list!

• Wedding: 11/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They trolley was in excellent condition and arrived early to first pick-up the groomsmen at the hotel. Everything was great to the church, and then he continued on to pick-up the girls and got them to the church right on-time. Despite running a bit long at the service/receiving line and going past our time, the driver never had any issues and told us we could take care of it all later, a bit relief that could have stretched in to a big headache!

The drive to the venue was smooth and comfortable even on a 85* day in October! When we got to the venue, we wanted some video/photos of us on the trolley, and again the driver had no problem with us waiting for the video and photographer getting set up and taking more time.

The driver was courteous, kind and professional the whole time, the trolley was clean and in great condition, and we would definitely love to take another trip on it in the future!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I really wanted a trolley, and they were one of the only companies we could find with one that was air conditioned (August wedding) The trolley itself was gorgeous, the driver could have been a little better..We were all on the trolley ready to go and he was reading the paper and we said ok we are ready...no response...excuse me sir, we're ready....YEA I HEARD YOU!! Ok well we are paying you so an acknowledgement would be nice! pulling up to the church, he ran right on to the curb!! then after the ceremony, he kept yelling at people who were trying to get up to get a bottle of water. then he was yelling at the photographer for standing on the seats to take our picture...just little trivial things...you get more with kind words in my opinion then yelling at people! My husband did book a car for the 2 of us to leave in and they did nicely upgrade us to a limo. I just wish the trolley driver was more personable and nicer to us!

A Formal Affair Limousine and Trolley responded with the following comments:

My name is Stephen Lynch. I was the driver of this wedding. I arrived an hour early. Nice people. I appreciate your business.
The wedding party was on and off the trolley four times in the hour.. They where way early and did not know what time they should leave. I ran the a/c for them while we waited and turned on the stereo. When the bride was finally ready to leave she gave me the go ahead. I was trying to talk over the loud music playing in the back ground, by know means was I yelling...lol. On the way to the reception just a couple of people where standing on a regular basis talking , moving around...I informed them that they must be seated while the trolley is in motion....safety and liability issues. Again trying to talk over the music....did my best but not yelling. Photographer did some beach pictures at the lighthouse on the sand...no problem..glad to do it. The sand can stick to your shoes and act as as abrasive. He stood on my glossy oak seats and told him he can not stand on the seats. I bet his mom would not let hi stand on her nice coffee table, lol. Just wanted to let people know. Thanks for your business. I upgraded them on a limousine at the end of the night as a thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day.

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My new husband (wink) and I rented the white trolley (with the gold leaf) on October 2, 2010. We married at St. John's Church in Quincy. The trolley arrived 30 minutes early at the Quincy Marriott for my groom (what a cutie).
The driver was polite and greeted us with a big smile. He helped us with our belongings. After the ceremony we piled into the trolley and had a GREAT time. The trolley was beautiful and new. It had surround seating which was perfect for my dress and my wedding party. The back had a storage area which was a godsend for my flowers, which we took with us to the reception.
This was the only way to travel. Definitely better and less expensive than three limos. I would recommend A Formal Affair for those looking to rent this type of transportation. We had a blast..now time to get back to my hubby..Thanks for reading TG100210

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They have the most beautiful oak trolley I have ever seen. Stephen, the owner was great to work with, the driver showed up early and was very courteous.

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The trolley was nice and it was clean. It arrived early for our wedding on the Cape, which is good because of Cape traffic. However, the driver got lost several times even though he had a GPS, so I had to tell him how to get around. He kept slamming on the breaks at speed bumps, which cause me, my mom and bridesmaids to go sliding all around the trolley benches. The office also appears to have no one answering the phone on a regular basis, so it just rings and emails aren't typically returned.

A Formal Affair Limousine and Trolley responded with the following comments:

For clarification....the wedding took place in The New Seabury Resort.
The resort has private roads that do not always register on the GPS.
The speed bumps are placed everywhere and the trolley has a commercial bus (heavy duty) platform that does not handle multiple speed bumps smoothly. However we left two hours early to be on time taking in consideration Cape traffic.

• Wedding: 07/30/2010
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

This was the only vendor that stressed me out for our wedding. Dont expect your calls to be returned in a timely manner. I was a week out from our wedding and was hunting this guy down. No return phone call or email. I wasnt sure if I had transportation for my wedding! He finally called me back and then said he was out of the office and he would call me that night....no call. They showed up on time for the wedding, thank god, and the service they provided was good at that time but it sucked to be freaking out before the wedding wondering if they were going to show. My advice if you use them...don't pay them the full amount due until they actually show and expect very little communication leading up to the wedding. The trolley itself was very nice and spacious and our driver was very courteous and flexible. They could have a nice little business if they got their act together and started to understand how stressful planning a wedding can be and how their lack of response and professionalism can make a bride feel.

A Formal Affair Limousine and Trolley responded with the following comments:

My apologies...I was out of town for an extended period of time due to the health of my mother. I was assisting her while she was undergoing chemo and radiation treatment at that time. She is doing much better and is now a cancer survivor. Thank you all for understanding.

• Wedding: 05/29/2010
781-826-6336
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.2