808 DJs

Flexibility:
 (4.2/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 5 Reviews
808DJ's did an excellent job at my wedding. My venue was a little difficult since it had different levels and areas but 808DJ's were able to provide music/sound to each level. I gave them all 5's because the day of my wedding we planned it to be an open outdoor ceremony but when the rain came pouring down all plans changed and we had to shove all guest into a stuffy little pavilion, 808DJ's were able to adjust to the situation and made sure it was everything I wanted it to be. I also had a lot of people trying to be in control of my day, and everytime they would try to change something Bud stood his ground and responded "let me check with the bride". I had the unlimited package which included DJ, EMCEE, up lighting, our names projected onto the dance floor, photo booth, and props. The DJ had everybody dancing, from toddlers to grandma's, and the photobooth was a hit with all ages. They even provided a hook up for our friend to play music with his guitar at the cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend 808DJ's to anybody throwing a party.
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5

Nikki 2 Reviews
My wedding was on Saturday, Sept. 21st and Bud was our DJ. He did an AWESOME job and our MC Kuldip was AMAZING. EVERYONE in the room was having a great time. The music was great and the MC got involved by dancing with all guests on the dance floor. All the guests had a great time with the photo booth as well, saying they were great souvenirs from our special day. I got the all inclusive package and I am happy that I did because everything turned out great and we all had a good time. Bud and Kuldip are the ideal duo from this company to do anyone's party/wedding. THANK YOU 808 DJS! :)
Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies
0.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I hired this company for my wedding. When I met with Bud, I told him I was on a budget. He recommended the all inclusive package. I was very apprehensive about the price, but he kept assuring me that it was the best deal and that I needed it. So I got the all inclusive package. We discussed what I wanted, that he would provide services for both the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. On the day of the wedding, they forgot to bring the generator (even though they knew it was an outdoor ceremony). I was supposed to walk down the aisle at 6:00 pm in the gentle evening light. The guy who sets up, kept assuring that it would be super quick, that the generator was on it's way, etc. We waited for almost an hour before I realized that the generator was never coming. I ended up walking down the aisle at a little after 7 in the dark with no music, no microphone for the preacher, nothing. Because it was now dark, we had to forgo our formal wedding pictures and proceed with the rest of the wedding. I had paid them, but when I realized our wedding ceremony had practically been ruined, I asked for any sort of refund. They said absolutely not! Because it was not their fault that they forgot vital equipment. I asked for a copy of the contract, but was completely ignored. Bud Dwelly is the rudest, most unprofessional person ever. He never sent any sort of paperwork to me, threatened me if I cancelled payment on the check, bashed the military saying "I have had problems with military people before." (Im not even military). He told me he had all the paperwork, and therefore there was nothing I can do. No bride who plans to have a sunset wedding on the beach set with beautiful music, wants to marry in the pitch dark with no music, or photographs. And I paid a lot of money for services I did not receive. Then I was met with hostility and rudeness afterwards when I merely asked for any sort of refund and a copy of the paperwork.
Wedding: 09/14/2013
0.2/5.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
Worst company ever. Unprofessional, rude, and very argumentative with us. It was my sisters wedding, and they failed miserably at what they did. When my sister asked to for some sort of compensation, they basically told her to go screw herself. They didn't even take a minute to reason with her.

Private User 1 Reviews
It was my brothers graduation party :)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were very pleased with our DJ's help throughout the afternoon!
It went well and we had one glitch on our part with the slide show and he helped us resolve it.
Wedding: 06/09/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
808 Djs did a great job for our wedding. There were flexalbe in the scogs which were played and were very happy to accomatate the different tastes in music.
Wedding: 06/04/2013
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 3 Reviews
This vendor charged us for an extra hour up because of a schedule change we requested (setting up during the ceremony did not seem like a good idea). On the wedding day the crew arrived late and agreed to rebate us for the time we paid for but did not get. Since then, company has refused to return part or all of the extra charge. In trying to get a rebate, the company argued that the service was good (meaning they played the songs asked for and knew how to DJ) and therefore we should pay the extra charge. Be careful with these folks when it comes to the fees.

Anonymous 1 Reviews
The services of 808 DJs was everything we expected and more. They arrived early to set up, were curtious and enthusiastic. They really added additional life to the party and got everyone up and dancing
Wedding: 1+ year ago
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The initial selection of 808 DJs went well. However, I was a little disappointed in the song selection. My husband and I had selected some of our favorite songs to play and use as a guide for the DJ. We were fine with the DJ picking music that everyone could dance to but some of the songs, while extremely popular, were difficult to dance to. Also, we had put a few songs on the "Do Not Play" list and the DJ ended up playing one of the songs. :( My only other criticism would be not to play the group dance songs (Cupid Shuffle, ChaCha Slide, and the Electric Slide) back to back. These are fun dancing songs and practically anyone can do it but our guests, myself included, got worn out from dancing these 3 songs back to back.

Unfortunately, at no fault of the DJ, our guests didn't do a lot of dancing. It was a rather small reception of 41 people and everyone seemed more interested in mingling and talking. Perhaps a MC (a service 808 DJs does offer) could have helped with this. I would be willing to give 808 DJs a second chance.
Wedding: 04/20/2013
1.0/5.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
They got 1 star because as part of our package deal we got a photobooth and lighting: and those parts were great.
Everything else was not. First off, they are awful about returning emails. When they do, they are wrong about everything! I kept getting emails about stuff that I had confirmed via email with Bud months ago. I met with Bud a week before the wedding (by the way you have to contact them - they will not initiate contact) & after talking to him sent an updated email about everything we had talked about.
Well, they never updated their files. They had the wrong order for our wedding, didn't have our exit song, & cut off my father-daughter dance at 2 minutes when I had asked them to fade it out at 3. WORST OF ALL,my friend had used them for her wedding 2 months before, & THEY MENTIONED MY FRIEND and HER HUSBAND'S NAMES MORE THAN MINE AND MY HUSBAND!!!Also, they kept talking about my friend's wedding as if everyone at my wedding had been there (only me and my friend had).
It was rude, insulting, totally inappropriate, and made me cry! In addition, my biggest thing for our DJ was that I did not want a dance party wedding (like my friend had). But I made the mistake of telling him that if he wanted to he could play songs that were not on our list. I didn't think that he would take that to mean don't play anything on our list. I had 4 people go up and ask him to play my music that night, he played one song. I WENT UP AND ASKED HIM TO PLAY MY MUSIC, he played 2 more songs all night. It really made me sad and hurt that they didn't pay attention to what I wanted at all, and that they kept mentioning my friend and her husband.
AS a warning: after I wrote this review I received an email at my personal email stating that I didn't tell the truth in this review, and was "very difficult to work with." I do not think that is professional.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Liz 9 Reviews
Sad to say, you get what you pay for. We booked 808 as the prices were quite decent but when all is said and done, I wish we'd spent more and had a better DJ. Our DJ was quite young (that's fine) but wasn't very professional. He spent most of the time on his phone and didn't have the list we'd sent with all of the songs we required for different parts of the day. My bridesmaids had to run down and tell him what song I was walking down the aisle to. In the package that I bought, there was supposed to be a microphone included but on the day we were told it was broken. So the speeches were done without a mic. Good thing it was a smaller wedding, but if it wasn't, it would have been a big issue. He did have the list of songs we wanted played for the dancing, but some of the harder to find songs (shouldn't really be all that hard) weren't played. We paid $750-800 all up and I wish we'd gone with someone else.
Wedding: 03/09/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We'd use 808djs again. The prices were good and they were really flexible in trying to meet our budget. Our MC, Kuldip was amazing! We recevied so many great comments about him from our guests, some of whom will proabably request him and 808 for their parties soon. He was able to get people out on the dance floor and was just overall fun and entertaining, but not in an over the top way. I'd highly recommend him for wedding MC'ing. If I had one issue it was just that they put our monogram on the wall instead of our panel behind us but maybe it was windy and they felt it wouldn't work. Other than that, Bud and his team at 808 were easy to work with and well worth the value!
Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great service and price! Bud is awesome, total pro. Very flexible and accommodating! Made my daughters day a special one for sure!
Wedding: 02/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired a DJ and an MC from 808 DJ's, and they were fantastic. We met with our MC Kuldip a week before the wedding and he was really really nice. Turns out he is a fantastic MC too! On the night of the wedding we had Bud, Kuldip, and a kid who was training to be an MC. When we got the dance floor going, Kuldip and the other guy (can't remember his name!) looked like they were having as much fun as our guests all night! We had so many compliments from our guests!

Only bummer was they didn't play many of the songs we wanted during dancing (we wanted to play "earth angel" and "johnny b good" from back to the future), and they did play a few songs from our "do not play" list, which wasn't cool. But I'd like to say it was because they had a full dance floor all night and they just got caught up in how great it was going and didn't want to slow anything down. On a better note, they did play all the songs we wanted played during dinner.

Overall, Bud promised a great evening, and that is what we got! All our guests had so much fun dancing!
Wedding: 01/12/2013

Tracey 4 Reviews
We loved having 808 DJ's dj our wedding. They were responsive to returning emails and they were professional to work with. We absolutely loved our dj's for the night. They were friendly, fun and involved with the audience; teaching us dances and spending time teaching the kids dance moves. All of our wedding guests gave great reviews of our dj's and we had more fun at this wedding dance then any dance we've ever been to. We would highly recommend 808 DJ's for any event.
Wedding: 01/09/2013
 808-265-4453
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire