Whether you’re having a destination wedding or hosting your nuptials closer to home, food is guaranteed to be an essential part of your celebration. Nowadays, when guests attend a wedding, they want to be impressed from the cocktail hour through dessert. Although you might serve delicious entrees that will delight your guests, it’s all about the extras and the presentation. From amazing appetizers to delectable desserts, there are many options that will wow your guests. Consider our suggestions before you start planning your menu.
1. Think Mini: Small servings are super trendy these days and there are plenty of ways to incorporate the trend. From individual wedding cakes and cup pies to mini tacos and pigs in a blanket, there are many ways to serve your favorites in a smaller size.
2. Comfort Food: Whether you’re getting married close to home or out of the country, there’s nothing your guests will love more than comfort food. Mini hamburgers, macaroni and cheese bites, or milk and cookies are great options for those who want to incorporate a fun midnight snack.
3. Candy Buffet: Set out individual bags and jars of your favorite candies so your guests can take their favorites to go. Popular choices include rock candy, personalized M&Ms, and candy buttons.
4. Dainty Desserts: Offer a variety of desserts for your guests to choose from – chocolate mousse, tiramisu and even ice cream sundaes, are all great ideas.
5. Appetizers that Wow: Make your appetizers impressive by offering guests plenty of options made fresh right before their eyes. Instead of simply offering guests appetizers on tray, set up interactive stations featuring chefs preparing carved meats, pasta, or sushi.
6. For Show: Depending on your destination, you may be able to add unique elements to your reception, like fondue, a cotton candy machine or the beloved food truck. Your guests will surely be talking about it long after the wedding.
DestinationWeddings.com has planned over 13,000 successful destination weddings all over the globe. Our certified specialists are with our couples from destination search all the way to "I do", providing service and expertise second to none. Visit our website to learn more about planning a destination wedding.