If you are including the children in your family at your destination wedding, it’s important to keep their needs in mind. When you choose your resort, there are a few things you should look for that will ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved and offer the children in your group an experience they will enjoy and remember for years to come.
- Convenience. On-site laundry facilities, en suite kitchens, suites with multiple bedrooms, and resort-based restaurants with kid-friendly menu choices are just a few of the amenities that will make for a comfortable stay for kids – and their parents.
- Affordability. Kid-friendly, all-inclusive resorts like Beaches Turks & Caicos can save parents a bundle of money in comparison to resorts where activities are priced a la carte.
- Kid-friendly accessories. Cribs, high chairs, and other features that keep little ones safe are a necessity for traveling parents.
- Childcare options. You’re likely to have some late-evening events in the days leading up to your wedding. Resorts that offer babysitting services will enable all of your guests –even those with small children – to stay out past the kids’ bedtime. For slightly older children, kids’ clubs are a great option when parents want a little downtime or during adult-oriented pre-wedding events. Check with the resorts you are considering and find out the age range that applies to their kids’ clubs.
- Family fun. Swimming pools are almost always a favorite with children, but older kids might enjoy activities like snorkeling, horseback riding, and sightseeing. Make sure there are options available that kids and adults alike will enjoy.
By keeping the needs of your youngest guests in mind, you’ll create a memorable experience for everyone sharing your wedding day.