One of the biggest stresses for a bride-to-be is how she will look in her wedding gown on her wedding day. Will she look fat? Will she look flabby? The issue floats around in her brain for months: all the pictures, the wedding album, the wedding video …she MUST look gorgeous!! All ladies start out exercising but sometimes make the mistake of starving themselves the week before their big day. Not only will that NOT help you lose your last few pounds, it’ll actually make you fatter. How? By slowing your metabolism down to a screeching halt. Here are a few tips to keep the pounds off:
1. Start exercising slowing: If you haven’t worked out for awhile, don’t go full force into an exhausting workout plan. Ease into your program by doing light cardio and 1-2 reps of 10 on light weights. After week 1 you’ll be able to increase both loads.
2. Join a Wedding Fitness Web Board: This might not sound like a ‘#2 for fitness idea’ but believe me, it is. It’s amazing how great it feels speaking with other women going through the wedding weight-loss drama as well. It also relieves your soon-to-be husband from having to listen to you complain about the whole process.
3. Eat: This might seem like the opposite thing you should be doing but its not the act of eating that makes you gain weight: it’s what you eat. Avoid foods high in sodium and sugar (i.e. fast foods and sodas) and eat a bunch of small meals through the day instead of 3 big meals. Common sense I know, but when you don’t do this it’s harder to lose the poundage.
4. Sleep: Sleeping helps you lose weight? Yes. Sleepyness makes you prone to eat sugary foods to stay awake not to mention lack of sleep can lead to sickness.
5. Drink lots of water: I know we’ve all heard this one before, but try it! Did you know that most of the times you start to feel snack cravings your body is actually telling you you’re thirsty? Also, try drinking a big glass of water or iced tea with splenda right before your meals. You’ll fill up faster and have the added benefits that water gives your skin. Love this trick.
Lastly….CHILL OUT. Your fiancé asked you to marry him BEFORE you decided you had to look like a hanger-thin Olsen twin. Is it not conceivable that he might actually think you’re the definition of hotness just the way you are? (Hint: the answer is “yes”.)