WeddingWire is excited to introduce Messages—the newest way to manage all of your vendor conversations!
With Messages you can keep track of your communication with vendors in one place, reply instantly through your personal email or WeddingWire account, and get real time notifications in your account when vendors reply. This is so important when it comes to effectively communicating with your wedding pros.
Messages is available across desktop and mobile and will be coming to the WW app soon. To learn more about this new feature, click here.
If you’re like most engaged couples, you’ve probably experienced some etiquette issues during your wedding planning process. There are lots of people involved with putting together a wedding (of course, yourselves, but also family, wedding party members, guests, etc.) and a lot of emotions, too, which can be a recipe for drama. Fortunately, WeddingWire is here to help! In the “Dear WeddingWire” feature in our new WinterBook, we asked wedding planners and experts from around the country to answer some of the most-asked wedding etiquette questions. And if we didn’t answer one of your questions, feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter, and we’ll do our best to assist you.
Choosing the right wedding vendors is one of the most important parts of planning your big day – and reading reviews of pros near you is one of the best ways to build your vendor team. WeddingWire is thrilled to announce that we now have over two million reviews submitted by newlyweds and wedding professionals, which is the largest number of reviews on any wedding and event industry site.
What does this mean for you? Well, whether you’re looking for a wedding venue, caterer, photographer, or any other type of vendor, you’ll be able to read even more useful reviews of pros in your area, written by real couples, than anywhere else!
“This is a major achievement for the entire WeddingWire community as it signals a major trend in the wedding space where engaged couples are not only relying on reviews to help make their critical wedding decisions, but are actively giving back to all engaged couples in the future,” said Timothy Chi, CEO of WeddingWire. “This incredible milestone of 2,000,000 vendor reviews helps engaged couples find their perfect wedding vendor team and strengthens the vendors’ online reputation and credibility, which ultimately helps them grow their business.”
Ready to start building your vendor team? Start searching for vendors near you (and reading reviews!) here.
And if you’re recently married, be sure to help other couples plan their weddings by writing your own vendor reviews on WeddingWire (bonus: you’ll be entered to win a $1,000 Amazon gift card with every review you write in December)!
Categories: Behind The Scenes, Ideas + Trends, In The News, News + Updates, Wedding Planning, Wedding Venues, WeddingWire
Tags: wedding advice, Wedding Ideas, Wedding Planning, wedding reviews, wedding vendors, WeddingWire
With most business interacting online and selling their products online, it gives the consumer the opportunity to share their experiences more easily. In fact, shoppers will most often find a forum specifically designed for consumer reviews and if not, then they may be able to respond on the companies Facebook or other business profiles. As a soon-to-be, you are going to want to have the best quality and the best service, so you will most likely be searching through the various comments on vendor websites and profiles to see what passed customers think. This is great, but let’s be honest, sometimes it is very hard to judge how accurate the reviews are, especially when they seem to contradicting. Take a gander at these tips on how to judge accuracy and interpret the reality behind the review.
- Take a Step Back: This goes for both negative and positive reviews, and what we mean by this is to read reviews critically and don’t just soak up what someone says online as the absolute truth. Reviews online are very easy to do and can be done without any sort of filter. This means that yes, reviewers can speak their mind, but also that there is not any accountability or filter.
- If there is a star system and a comment box, look at both: An easy mistake when there is a star system available is to use that as your only gauge, but I cannot even count how many times a comment contradicts how many stars are given. This will happen when there is an auto or default setting, so if a reviewer forgets to set a star level, they may be leaving a positive review with no stars or a negative review with five stars.
- Read the Positive and the Negative: This is important when buying just about anything. If you only read the pros, you may miss some cons that may make or break the purchase for you.
- What is not important to one person, may be important to you. For example, if your mother is a die hard cheesy sci fi fan and she gives a review to a movie saying the fight scenes were epic and the evil monsters look so real, you may want to be wary that the main actress will scream just a few seconds too late and that the zombies make up is smeared half way through the film.
- Does this reviewer have a name? This goes along with the first tip. If the reviewer is anonymous, it may be that they just forgot to or didn’t see the point in filling out who they were, but it could also mean the person wanted to say something nasty without being caught OR that the business owner wants to fluff their reviews. Both happen, but not always.
- Keep in Mind the Client. Who do wedding vendors sell to? Stressed out brides or people feeling the effects of being so closely related to stressed out brides. With this, there may be some overreaction and perhaps a few dramatic claims that the customer service was completely awful. So keep in mind, that the customer service could be perfectly adequate, but was unable to provide the bride with the exact shade of purple that she was looking for.
Android users, rejoice! Now you too can find your wedding vendors on-the-go with our WedTeam app. WedTeam for Android is now available for download, and it’s a must for wedding-planning couples. With WedTeam, you can:
- Search 200,000 reviewed wedding vendors by location and category
- Save and compare your favorite wedding pros to help choose your vendor team
- Keep track of your completed bookings and store your vendor team’s contact information so you can call or email them while out and about!
And all from your mobile device! Ready to start planning your wedding? Download the WedTeam App today!