A lot of brides will design their weddings around the colors that they want to use. So, they will pick flowers, centerpieces, and styles that compliment the color scheme rather than a particular theme. In this case, paying attention to the colors would be a matter of choosing the colors and sticking with them since the colors are the thing. However, if you are having a particular theme – like beach, fairy tale, military, vintage, country, or seasonally based – then your wedding color choices are much more limited. A country-themed wedding does not go well with coral and turquoise, and a beach themed wedding would be hard to pull off with a plum and gold. So if you want to do a specific theme, your wedding colors are going to be affected by that theme. Yes, there is that rule of thought that it is your wedding, so you can do what you want, BUT for a complete wedding look, you MUST pay attention to the coordination of your wedding theme and your color scheme. To figure out what colors go well with your theme, it may be a good idea to create a color board, or find an image that embodies that theme or tone, and then pull your main colors from that. When focusing on a theme, you may end up with more colors scattered throughout your wedding decor, but it is still a good idea to have 1-3 main colors that will act as an anchor for the overall look of the wedding. Too many colors can cause your decor to be disconnected and distracting.
Wedding Cake Toppers
The wedding cake topper is a decor detail that can sometimes be overlooked, but it is an important detail to pay attention to. Some of the choices are the traditional bride and groom figurine cake topper, humorous, monogram, heart, floral, and vintage. It is an important detail to pay attention to because the wedding cake is one of the main symbols of weddings, and is often a center for the wedding reception and wedding traditions. Basically, the wedding cake might as well have a spotlight on it during your reception. There are so many different styles, so you want to make sure to choose the most appropriate to your theme. For example, a super sexy wedding cake topper would be a strange addition to a fairy tale or religiously centered wedding, just like -perhaps more obviously – a fairy and prince cake topper would be odd at a country or beach themed wedding.
Categories: Uncategorized, Wedding Decor
Tags: country wedding, country wedding cake topper, cute wedding cake topper, fantasy wedding cake toppers, wedding, wedding cake topper themes, wedding cake toppers, wedding collectibles, wedding color generator, wedding color theme, wedding colors, wedding decor ideas, Wedding decor tips, wedding design, wedding planning advice, Wedding Planning Tips, wedding theme
Dealing with wedding drama? Etiquette issues keeping you up at night? Then you’ll definitely want to participate in the Nordstrom Wedding Suite and HauteLook Wedding Hangout on Tuesday, June 18 starting at 4pm EST/1pm Pacific. A team of experts including celebrity event planner Colin Cowie, Style Me Pretty founder and editor Abby Larson, Nordstrom bridal director Andrea Wasserman, and yours truly (Kim Forrest, editor of WeddingWire), will be on hand to assist with all of your wedding queries, from fashion to decor, etiquette, and everything in between.
Click here for more details and to RSVP. You can also ask questions in advance on Twitter by using the hashtag #nordwedchat. So don’t be shy, ask a question, and see you on Tuesday!
I was reviewing the “save the date” postcard one of our clients sent our way. The card was adorable with two simple messages:
- save this date, we are getting married!
- check out our website for fun up-to-date info
So I decided to go visit their website. It was one of those free websites that are available through many wedding planning website. And it took me three times to correctly type in the mile-long address. Once I got there, the site was adorable – very classy and sophisticated design with plenty of well organized information.
And I wondered…:
- How many people entered that long website address incorrect (like I did) more than once (like I did) and gave up trying (like I almost did)?
Categories: Uncategorized, Wedding Planning
Tags: ace melissa kay allen, free wedding websites, Melissa Allen, melissa kay allen, quick tip for weddings, save the dates, wedding aces, Wedding Planning, wedding planning advice, wedding tip, Wedding Websites
The traditional gift registry remains an important wedding element: it presents to a couple an opportunity to build their home together, and it offers wedding guests options for gifts that you are certain to like and need and want. With many couples cohabiting before marriage, ‘setting up house’ isn’t what it used to be.
So here are five alternatives to a traditional gift registry:
- MyRegistry.com – Why registry for housewares in one store, bedding and bath in another, and home repair items in yet a third, when myregistry.com allows you to build a registry from ANY store, all to one registry? You can even request cash gifts to contribute toward a special project or vacation. This is traditional gift registry, turbo charged!
- TheHoneymoon.com – if the price tag for your wedding is leaving you wondering how a honeymoon can be funded, this might be an option worth considering. The site offers pre-designed destination registries that you can customize to fit your specific travel plans (or create your own!). Registry items can include one night at the hotel, an upgrade to a suite, wine with dinner at a specific restaurant, sunset dinner on the beach, couples massage, and on and on!
- StarlightRegistry.com – This registry is designed specifically to request cash gifts. Great when saving for a car, a house, or other items beyond the typical traditional wedding. They also the option of creating a wedding website with guest book, photo album and RSVP options (though I would advice against using the printed cards to alert your guests to the gift request, a website is a great way to reveal that information without being so forward as to solicit a gift.)
- HatchMyHouse.com – Though this is a cash generating registry, the fun with this site is the ability to create a virtual house and register for specific elements within it: front yard landscaping, living room lamps, window treatments – you build the virtual house and name the items!
- WishUponAWedding.org/Store – Wish Upon A Wedding is a non-profit organization of wedding professionals who grant weddings to those suffering from terminal illness, giving them a moment of celebration, surrounded by love and confirming life. Here’s where we get to count our blessings: Why not ask your guests to contribute to the granting of someone’s wish by donating to WUW in lieu of a gift? Or instead of party favors, donate to WUW in the name of your own celebration and share the love? More items are being added to their donation store this month, so be sure to check it out.
Categories: Uncategorized, Wedding Registry
Tags: 5 wedding registry ideas, alternative wedding gift registry ideas, melissa kay allen, wedding aces, wedding gift registry, wedding gifts, Wedding Planning, wedding planning advice, Wedding Planning Tips, where to register for your wedding
It’s finally the moment you’ve been waiting for. The moment you’ve been dreaming of. It is time to find the wedding dress of your dreams. Now, since we are pretty sure this is something you haven’t done before, it can be a little confusing. Where do you start? What should you be looking for? How far in advance should you decide on a dress?
Well here are some tips to get you in the right direction and into the dress that was made just for you!
Categories: Uncategorized, wedding dress
Tags: destination wedding planning, LVL Weddings & Events, LVL Weddings & Events Wedding Planner, LVL Weddings & Events Wedding Planning, LVL Weddings and Events, Picking your wedding dress, Tips of picking your wedding dress, wedding planning advice, Wedding Planning Los Angeles, Wedding Planning Orange County, Wedding Planning San Diego