Photo by Aaron and Jillian Photography
There’s a lot more to being a bridesmaid than just standing up at the altar looking pretty. Whether you’re a bride-to-be or have just been asked to be in a friend’s wedding, it can be tricky to know what to expect from the whole wedding party dynamic. Our bridesmaid guide has all the leading ladies covered with everything from practical advice like who does what and how to handle sticky situations to fun stuff like style inspiration and bachelorette ideas. Check out the feature in this year’s SpringBook and don’t forget to share it with all your girls!
Categories: Bridesmaids, Ideas + Trends
Tags: Aaron and Jillian Photography, bachelorette parties, Bridesmaid Attire, Bridesmaid Etiquette, Bridesmaid Guides, Bridesmaids, SpringBook, SpringBook 2015, Wedding Parties, wedding party, WeddingWire E-Magazines, WeddingWire SpringBook
Photo by Kreate Photography & Design
Your groomsmen are important people to rely on throughout the wedding planning process—from throwing the bachelor party to assisting on the big day. While it’s okay to ask them to handle certain things for you, it’s important that you don’t abuse your power. Treat your groomsmen with respect and you’ll find that your friendships are even stronger after the wedding than they were before. Check out this list of things you shouldn’t say to your groomsmen.
Wedding planning is stressful. There are lists out the gazoo, money crunching, body crunching, and navigating the tension between family. So, when you get engaged and decide on that big wedding wahoo, you are signing up for a whole lot of stress, but do you want that stress to leak over to the actual wedding day? Heck no! What would be the point of spending hours persuading your favorite band to play at your wedding if you are not going to stop an dance? Here are a few tips that will help you enjoy your special day!
1. Set everything out to get ready the night before, including but not limited to the dress shirt you will wear while getting ready.
You are not going to want to wake up and then start searching for that eye shadow you planned on wearing. That would just be asking to start out on a stressed out foot. Get everything together ready before you go to bed the night before. Better yet, create a list of all the things you need and have your maid of honor get everything together. Then, there is the dress shirt. That may seem like an odd addition, but wearing a pull over t-shirt is easily the easiest mistake you can make for your wedding prep. How? Makeup done, hair done, and then whoops….the shirt got stuck on a pin. A dress shirt works wonderfully in that it is a button up. If you are more of a country girl, a flannel works too!
Categories: Uncategorized, Wedding Planning
Tags: bride and groom, bride. groom, dealing with stress, enjoying your wedding, reception, stress-free weddings, wedding, wedding collectibles, wedding day, wedding fun, wedding party, Wedding Planning Tips, wedding stress, wedding tips
Asking your best girlfriends to be in your wedding may seem like an easy task, but you may want to consider putting a little extra umph when asking them, especially your maid of honor. Your wedding may be all about you and your groom, but your best friends are going to want to celebrate with you, plus they are meant to be your helpers through all the wedding drama and planning. It is not only a sweet honor to be asked, but it is a lot of work that they would be signing up for, so when you decide to pop that special question, do it right!
Seven Ideas on How to Ask Your Best Girls to Be Your Bridesmaids
- Spa Day: Take your girls out for some pampering to tell them how special they are and perhaps give out special bridesmaid robs, slippers, or a handy-dandy bridesmaid survival kit!
- A Cute Gift Box: Whether it is at your engagement party or if you plan a girls date with your bridesmaid hopefuls, giving your future bridesmaids a cute and personalized gift box can help you “pop the question”. Creme de la craft offers a great DIY gift box with easy how-to instructions. This is a perfect solution to the how-to-ask question because it can be perfectly personalized to you, your wedding, and your bridesmaids. You can choose designs based on your wedding theme, or do a different design based on the personality of the bridesmaid or your relationship with her.
- Send a Card: If your bridesmaids are long distance or you don’t know when you can get together, sending a card to ask them to be your bridesmaid would be perfectly appropriate. Whether you send one that is spunky or sentimental is completely up to you!
- Photo Strip/Collage: Make a collage or create a photo booth strip with a few of your favorite photos of you together and write a message on the back. This one is great because it is fun and sentimental.
- A Cute Picture Frame: Personalized gifts are one of the best ways to ask your bridesmaids to be in your wedding and a picture frame is absolutely perfect. These are great because they are functional, personal, and your bridesmaids can put pictures from the wedding inside! Etsy is a great place to look for a gift like this!
- Jewelry! You can pretty much always count on jewelry to say what you need it to. For this, you could give out necklaces or earrings you want your girls to wear on the wedding day, or a cute charm bracelet to show off your friendship.
- Just Ask! At the end of the day, asking them to be your bridesmaid is just about the relationship you have, so if you are not up for a cutsie card or hand making gift boxes just isn’t your thing, then go ahead and just call each girl up, or find some face to face time, and just ask. Don’t even sweat it! It is not like you are proposing marriage!
Categories: Uncategorized, Wedding Planning
Tags: bridesmaid frame, bridesmaid necklace, bridesmaid survival kit, Bridesmaids, Bridesmaids Gifts, cute bridesmaids gifts, how to ask your bridesmaids to be in your wedding, jewelry, wedding, wedding cards, wedding collectibles, wedding frames, wedding gifts, wedding party, Wedding Party Gifts, Wedding Planning, Wedding Planning Tips, wedding tips
Hello Garden! Let me just start off by saying we had the most amazing wedding party. Not only were they family and friends, who we love dearly, but they looked amazing as well! Ryan and I chose 6 girls and guys to stand by us on our wedding day. I had my 2 sisters, sister-in-law, and 3 best friends and Ryan had his brother, my brother, and 4 of his closest friends. The wedding party shots are some of my favorite out of the whole wedding, everyone looked so sharp!
Photography: Sargeant Creative | Venue: Turnip Rose, Costa Mesa
My bridesmaids purchased their dresses at Alfred Angelo and David’s Bridal. The groomsmen’s tuxes were provided by Friar Tux. I absolutely loved how the overall look came together, exactly what I envisioned!