When it comes to choosing your wedding-day look, it’s important to have an idea of the general style you want your hair and makeup to reflect. Do you want your look to have a rustic chic vibe or perhaps something more modern or glamorous? Turns out certain styles are more popular in some parts of the country than others. We asked our users to share which wedding-day beauty look they love most—check out the interesting results!
For more wedding hair and beauty inspiration check out our photo galleries »
When meeting with your hair stylist and/or makeup artist, it can be a good idea to bring photos of looks you love to help your pro get a sense of the styles you like. Often, celebrities’ red carpet style can provide great inspiration for wedding-day hair and makeup looks. But, which celebs do brides particularly love? We asked 6,500 WeddingWire users to share their wedding-day icons—and here are the results! For more hair and makeup inspiration, visit our WeddingWire photo galleries!
Categories: Beauty and Health, Celebrity Weddings, Hair and Makeup, Ideas + Trends, Wedding Hair & Makeup
Tags: Blake Lively, Celebrity Weddings, Eva Longoria, gabrielle union, kate middleton, Wedding Hair, Wedding Makeup
Admit it: There’s a celebrity whose hair and makeup you’ve always crushed on. Whether it’s the bohemian romantic look of Taylor Swift or the glam style of Kim Kardashian, WeddingWire’s new Makeover Tool allows you to try on the hair and makeup styles of all of your favorite celebrities to help you get inspired for your wedding day look. Just upload a photo of yourself (or use one of our models), and start to play! You can change your hairstyle, add a dramatic eye, a bold lip – the options are endless. Then once you’ve found a look that suits you best, you can share it on social media or email it to a friend, your mom, even your wedding hairstylist or makeup artist.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to WeddingWire’s Makeover Tool to start trying on celebrity hair and makeup looks. And check out a few examples we created below:
Photo by MK Loeffler Photography
Even if your wedding is still many months away, it’s important to start a beauty and fitness regime right now so your hair, skin, and body will be in peak condition for your wedding day. Here are some ideas on how to get started.
Wash Your Face Sounds simple, but when you’re busy, tired, and stressed, your skin care regimen may be the first to go out the window. Be diligent about not only washing your face, but also moisturizing, wearing sunscreen (every day!), and even getting facials or using face masks.
Start Growing Out Your Hair Whether you want a full updo or long, loose, luxurious locks on your wedding day, it’s a good idea to start growing your hair out now. While you certainly can use extensions on your wedding day for a fuller look, it’s often easiest and less expensive if you go au naturel. While you’re growing out your hair, be sure to get trims every so often as well as deep conditioning treatments to keep your locks healthy and shiny.
Get a Workout Buddy Whether it’s a fellow newly engaged friend, your significant other, even your mom, it’s a good idea to have a friend to exercise with and motivate you when you’d rather lounge on the couch watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo than run laps. Even if you’re not trying to lose weight for your wedding day, it’s important to start an exercise routine to build stamina for the long night of dancing you have ahead of you.
Stay Healthy It’s important to take a multivitamin on a regular basis and stay hydrated by drinking at least eight eight-ounce glasses of water per day. By staying away from junk food, you’ll have more energy and your body will certainly thank you.
Maintain Your Hands and Feet Well-manicured hands will allow your gorgeous new ring to shine even more. Exfoliate and moisturize your hands (and feet!) regularly and indulge in manicures and pedicures when you can.
How are you getting your skin, hair, and body ready for your wedding day? Let us know in the comments.
photo credit: Bridalpartytees.com
What is supposed to be the most glorious day of you life can begin with a morning of stress and frenzied activity. To help you create that atmosphere of excitement, anticipation and relaxation you have been envisioning (yes you really can relax on your Big Day!), I have put together a Top 10 Most Important Things for Your Wedding Day Morning list. These items focus on the most important part of that time – your beauty of course- and are based upon the many, many wedding day mornings I have been present at (Yikes! That number must be close to 2 thousand by now).
TOP 10 MOST IMPORTANT BEAUTY MUST DO’S FOR YOUR WEDDING MORNING ARE:
1. Hire Beauty Professionals to come to you. This is the most precious gift you can give yourself on this day – by having your pros come to you you are allowing yourself time to sit back, relax and enjoy the moment.
2. Have a professional do your makeup. While you may be the professional at doing your own face, the pros know all the things you don’t. They know the tricks that make you look fantastic with flash photography while still looking yourself in person to your guests. They are masters at applying and choosing the correct makeup for your skin to resist sweat and tears (and there will be both!). Think of it this way – you are paying how much ot have your pictures taken? And you will pay them how much to use Photoshop after the day to correct the images? ‘Nuf said.
Yikes! Photoshop anyone??
3. Ask your Beauty Team for a schedule of the day’s appointments ahead of time so you can assign each person to a specific time. This cuts down on the “no, you go first – no, really you go… I’ll wait” conversations that are volleyed back and forth like a tennis ball eating up valuable time.
4. Let everyone who is receiving beauty services know any instructions you are given by the Beauty Professionals as to how to prep their skin and/or hair prior to receiving services. This will vary based upon the practices of the pros.
5. Tell each person to arrive 15 minutes before their time on the schedule. There is always someone who is running late…