Sara & Nick
South Hero, Vermont
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Nick’s family has owned a beautiful piece of land on Lake Champlain for over 40 years. Growing up, Nick spent nearly every summer there and once we met so did I. We have so many wonderful memories together and with our family at the lake house. We wanted to add our wedding memories to this special place as well.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. We loved our beautiful and delicious wedding cake make by my aunt complete with cute cake toppers made by my good friend Randi.
2. We tied the Lumineer’s song “Ho Hey” throughout our invites and wedding. We placed one bottle of red with a picture of Nick when he was little and one bottle of white with a picture of me when I was little with our favorite lyrics from the song.
3. We decided that in lieu of a unity candle that we would bring our family and friends together with a group reading. Everyone recited a promise to love and support us through all the days of our marriage. It was very special to feel so loved and supported by everyone we cared about most.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
We closed our ceremony with a “reading” from one of our best friends. He read the lyrics to one of our favorite songs “Power of Love” by Huey Lewis. As people began to figure out what the reading was from, there were some smiles and an indication of the fun that was in store for the next few hours. After we kissed our DJ started playing “Power of Love” as we walked back down the aisle while our friends and family tossed rainbow jimmies. It was the perfect combination of heartfelt, hilarious, and fun. We loved it.