Monica & Carl
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
The best quality our venue had was all-inclusiveness! We were able to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one location. Having it all in different rooms of the same hotel allowed one style to permeate throughout the entire event, the wedding to proceed from event to event seamlessly, and there was a place for everyone to stay after the celebrations, which we were thankful for because we had a blizzard that night!
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our very personal ceremony. Our closest friend (he introduced us to one another) was the officiant and family and friends wrote the readings for us.
2. The very emotional father/daughter dance that I shared with my father.
3. The dinner. It was long enough that we were able to visit with the family and friends, who were there, and still have time to eat!
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Get married off season and shorten your wedding date! We had the best service from all of our vendors because they had nothing else planned. We received discounts and also had a faster turnaround for what we ordered. Also shortening my wedding date allowed me to make a decision and drop it. If I had had a full year to plan it would have made me crazy trying to pack more in!
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you can’t stop thinking about.
Finally putting on my wedding dress! My mother and I had made it together from a vintage vogue pattern. It was my dream dress, and my mother had put countless hours into it. The moment she zipped it up, I let out a big sigh because I have never felt better!