On top of a mountain. Near the beach. Next to rows of grape vines or wheat fields. You’ve got to check out these unique summer ceremony settings we love:
Vivacious Vineyard – This East Coast escape is nestled in Charlottesville, Va. at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards. Not only can you and your guests enjoy fresh farm-to-the-table cuisine, but also local wines all at this rustic setting.
Photo: Katelyn James
Katie & Andy
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We had our reception at the Hoop Barn located on my family’s dairy farm. When it was built years ago, I told my family if I get married the reception will be at that barn. It’s a beautiful setting in a wheat field. I mentioned it to Andy after the engagement and since he is a farmer he was all for the idea!
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The draping at the barn. It set the tone for the venue. It gave the barn a dramatic feel and was breathtaking as the guests walked in.
2. The cake display, so cute! The wedding cake was on a wine barrel, and the cupcake stands were on surrounding crates with an adorable backdrop in the colors we used for our wedding.
3. Taking pictures at the original family farm homestead by the old barns and wheat field between the ceremony and reception. The property has been in the family for more than 100 years and to have wedding pictures taken there was meaningful.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
It may sound cliche, but the wedding ceremony at St. Mary’s Star of the Sea Catholic Church. The church is absolutely beautiful! Seeing the pews filled with family and friends to witness the exchanging of vows still gives me chills.