Brainstorming for places that might serve a double purpose for your big day and the honeymoon to follow? Why not consider the Big Easy?
Destination weddings in New Orleans deliver in the excitement department, and you’re going to find they also provide a number of perks you might not have considered. Even if you intend to have guests of all ages along for the ceremony, New Orleans is well worth careful consideration. Yes, it’s famed for its lively adult atmosphere, but there’s more to this town than often meets the eye.
So, why should you consider hosting your destination wedding in New Orleans? Here are just a few of the many reasons why this city can really jazz up pre, during and post-wedding fun:
- The attractions for your guests – When brides and grooms plan destination weddings they often torture themselves making sure their location will fit the tastes of most of the guests on their lists. New Orleans works beautifully on this score. The French Quarter’s nighttime party atmosphere is awesome for adult guests to enjoy. By day, however, it takes on a whole new feel that’s more than family-friendly. Plus, there’s the world-famous zoo to explore, the Garden District, bayou tours, shopping, musical attractions, museums and much more that guests of any age can enjoy. All the top spots, by the way, are great for honeymoon adventures after the big ceremony.
- The convenience – Destination weddings can be tough on guests’ wallets and difficult to get to. If you need a stateside location, New Orleans more that fits the bill. It’s fairly easy to get to by car from just about anywhere in the Continental United States. Plus, it’s major airport makes it quite convenient for those who don’t wish to drive. Top that off with a wide variety of hotels and resorts set to fit almost any budget, and this particular destination is likely to be music to guests’ ears.
- The resorts – Speaking of those resorts, New Orleans is famous for its southern hospitality. If you choose to have a destination wedding here, you can count on royal treatment from resorts that know how to handle all the little details leading up to the big day and beyond. Speak with your wedding and honeymoon travel advisory for some of the top picks on resorts to work with.
- The food, music and fun – New Orleans is famed for its cuisine that practically defies description. From its crawfish boils to its incredible beignets, you and your guests will delight in what’s on the menu. New Orleans is also famed for its live music – especially jazz, which makes it a treat for those who desire entertainment.
To find out more about New Orleans destination weddings, just check with your honeymoon travel advisor.
Categories: Destination Weddings, Uncategorized
Tags: Bourbon Street Weddings, Cultural weddings, destination weddings, Easy to get to Destination Wedddings, exciting weddings, French Quarter Weddings, Honeymoons, Live Music for your Wedding, New Orleans Weddings, Southern Hospitality Weddings, Unique Wedding Ideas, US weddings, Wedding Music, Wedding Planning, wedding venue
Tyler & Ryan
New Orleans, Louisiana
Q & A with the Bride:
What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We really wanted to get married outside and have an outdoor reception. The Elms Mansion gave us both, as well as an elegant atmosphere. Everything about the venue is picturesque, starting with its location on the oak lined St. Charles Avenue.
Which details from your wedding were your favorites?
- One of our best friends married us. He got ordained online and conducted a very personal and memorable ceremony. He had everyone crying.
- My dad and stepdad walked me down the aisle together. They both mean a lot to me, so I felt privileged to be given away by them both.
- The band, TABOO [now The Phunky Monkeys]. Everyone danced all night. The band played everything from classic rock to rap, got out into the crowd, and got to know a few of our livelier guests!
- Our first dance was to a Joe Cocker song, which was the concert we went to on our first “date” (along with our best friend that married us)!
If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Stay true to your vision for the event. We wanted a small, intimate ceremony and reception with only close friends and family. We had around 160 guests and knew every face. We truly enjoyed ourselves visiting and catching up with our loved ones. We spent the night doing exactly what we wanted….dancing and laughing!
Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
At the end of the night, the band led a New Orleans second line around the courtyard and over to our getaway car. Most of the guests were still there singing and dancing in the second line and waiving their handkerchiefs in the air.
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Real Weddings
Tags: Get Polished Events, Gray Weddings, Louisiana Weddings, New Orleans Weddings, outdoor ceremonies, Outdoor Weddings, Pink Weddings, Romantic Weddings, Sam Gregory Photography, Southern Weddings, The Elms Mansion
Melissa & Joel
New Orleans, Louisiana
I am absolutely in awe of the shots April + Paul captured of this couple’s big day. The photos of Melissa getting ready are truly stunning, they are the photos you hope to have from your wedding. Melissa’s bouquet, designed by Grow With Us Florist, was also a show stopper. Ranunculus blooms in several differ shades surrounded by berries, and hydrangeas, gave the perfect amount of color to their New Orleans City Park wedding.
Emily & Michael
New Orleans, LA