All photos by Scott A. Nelson Photography
WeddingWire and The Events Boutique recently hosted a modern garden party community event in Long Beach, California. Engaged couples, wedding party members, family, and friends from throughout the LA and Orange County areas gathered at the Museum of Latin American Art for an afternoon of mixing, mingling, and wedding inspiration. Talented LA and OC wedding vendors joined the Sunday soiree to share expert advice and create a beautiful event that was bursting with big day excitement. From interactive food walls and stunning decor to creative cocktails and live entertainment, there was no shortage of “I Do” inspiration! Read on for a glimpse into the stunning soiree, with images captured perfectly by Scott A. Nelson Photography.
Katie & Nick
Long Beach, California
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
I knew my venue was the one because it was the perfect combination of everything we were looking for. The Long Beach Museum of Art was the only venue we looked at, and we instantly fell in love with it. We wanted a unique outdoor location, and the museum offered a beautiful ocean view, cool modern sculptures and a hint of a vintage feel from the brick buildings.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The gorgeous flowers! I loved the texture, colors and the lemons that were incorporated into our centerpieces. They just felt so fun and whimsical.
2. We had a hand-painted wedding cake that featured words that were meaningful to our relationship. The cake was beautiful, but it was even more special to us because of the personal touches we got to put on it.
3. I liked the paper goods and DIY decorations because I was able to be creative with them, plus my family helped me out a lot in creating everything. It was great to work as a team with them.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you cannot stop thinking about.
I think walking down the aisle was the most memorable moment of my wedding day. It was so surreal to step out and see all of our family and friends there as well as the decor and details that I had been obsessing over for months. I was happy to be able to walk down the aisle with my dad, and it was emotional to see my husband crying when he saw me.
Elizabeth + Paul
Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach -CA
From the Photographer: “The day started out early with the bride and bridemaids getting their make-up done at the Hyatt Hotel in Long Beach. I remembered this day so well after being fed Lee’s sandwiches and egg rolls as I photographed the morning. With make-up being done to putting on the dress, the bridal party were on their way for the “first look.” Elizabeth was the happiest bride on the block. Pacing herself to meet the man of her life, Liz approached Paul from behind. One thing I can’t forget was the grand entrance to the ceremony. Growing up, I always loved the ocean and found sea creatures to be fascinating. I never thought that a wedding could ever take place in an aquarium, but it gave an idea for future references. Aquarium of the Pacific was the place where Paul and Elizabeth shared vows with one another. As the night went on, surprises were shown on the dance floor. Through months of planning, Paul made Elizabeth’s dreams came true. A grand piano positioned on the dance floor with a talented singer named Matt Giraud who came to perform. Matt was on American Idol season 8 finalist, which he made a stunning performance on their wedding day.”- Kevin Le Vu Photography