Nat & Mike
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We wanted to have a very intimate wedding from the beginning (we had 40 guests). We wanted to find a small and cozy venue where our guests are not going to get lost. In addition, we got inspired by our friend’s wedding the previous year – they rented a villa in Mexico for a whole week. Being wedding photographers, we knew that the wedding day is going to fly by and loved the idea of prolong celebration and being together with our friends and family. And so we were looking for a place that could accommodate at least some of our friends and family. We looked around for a while and when we finally saw the villa in Napa it was love from the first sight.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. We both knew we wanted to see each other before the wedding for the first look, and it ended up being one of our favorite parts of the day – just being able to hug and hold my husband to be took all the tension and stress out.
2. I loved having one long dinner table – it brought everyone together and dinner was so much fun!
3. My wedding dress – it took me a while to find it, but I still cannot get over how perfect it was! I wanted a light dress in which I’d be able to breath (it was an outdoor wedding in a 90 degree heat, and I didn’t want to have a corset ). Also, I really wanted to have a dress that I haven’t seen before on any of my brides (being a wedding photographer makes you so much pickier for your own wedding!). I went dress shopping with a friend and decided to try on that dress mostly for fun but when I put it on we both saw that that was the one!
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Both of us cannot stop thinking about the overall feel of the day. We wanted a wine country wedding at that’s exactly what we had. It was warm, the air smelled of dry earth, ripening grapes, and wine; all of our dearest people were there, and we felt being absolutely surrounded by their love for us.