Dress Designers (from left to right): Carolina Herrera and Justin Alexander
True Blood actress Evan Rachel Wood married Jaime Bell surrounded by close family and friends during a small ceremony in California on Oct. 30. Wood wore a custom Carolina Herrera Chantilly lace mermaid gown with capped-sleeves and a ribbon waist detail.
“I am so happy for Evan, she is a timeless beauty, and her gown in Chantilly lace captures this perfectly,” Carolina Herrera told Us Weekly.
Here’s what we know: On her wedding day, Wood tweeted, “Words cannot describe the happiness I am feeling. Overwhelming.” She also tweeted that the couple’s wedding song was “(Today I Met) the Boy I’m Going to Marry.“–a classic from the movie Father of the Bride. Weigh in on Evan’s dress in the comments below or for more inspiration, check out our wedding dress photo gallery.
Taylor & Ryan
Q &A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Ryan and I love history, and after deciding to get married in Miami at the beautiful and historic Plymouth Congregational Church, we wanted to find a reception venue with old-world, Miami charm to match. The Biltmore Hotel is not only stunningly beautiful but also incredibly historic with numerous lives as a grand hotel, war hospital and now restored Miami landmark. The Alhambra room where our reception was held is enchanting, and its outdoor terrace overlooking the pool allowed our guests, most of whom were from out of town, the opportunity to enjoy cocktails with a backdrop of one of Florida’s beautiful winter nights. Our gangster-themed after party, the groom’s 30 th birthday party, was held upstairs in the historic Everglades Suite where Al Capone once infamously ran a speakeasy.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1) The music: Coming from a very musical family, I wanted to make sure that the music for the entire day was fantastic. Jeff Kaye helped program the most magical music for the church, and the Soul Survivors kept the dance floor packed with guests of all ages all night long.
2) The flowers: When I decided to wear a beautiful but non-traditional Carolina Herrera dress with seven colors, I knew finding the right flowers for the wedding would be a bit of a challenge. David Johnson of A Basket Affair made the process incredibly fun and entertained all of my crazy ideas. We ended up with a beautiful neutral color palate with a special Florida surprise, calamondin fruit from my family’s backyard trees in all of the arrangements for a pop of color and little piece of home on each table. It was priceless hearing how surprised my brothers were when they saw their calamondin boutonnieres and instantly recognized the source.
3) The wheels: I kept a number of details from the groom during the wedding planning so he would have fun surprises throughout the day. His favorite was the beautiful white vintage Phantom Rolls Royce waiting to take us to the reception after a post-ceremony champagne toast.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding day that you can’t stop thinking about.
One of our favorite memories from our wedding day was the time the two of us had together during our post-ceremony photo session at the Biltmore. Our fabulous photographer, Cindy of Cuppa Photography, facilitated the most delightful quiet moments for Ryan and I to spend together before we rejoined our guests for cocktail hour.