Photo: Amy E Photography
It may not be the funnest part of wedding planning, but a budget is essential. Talk to your significant other to figure out what’s important (and who’s contributing), whether that be a specific season, venue, guest count, or even food and entertainment. It’s okay to have one or two splurges, don’t worry! After you’ve prioritized, keep in mind you’ll receive a FREE budget tool to track spending, set up payment schedules, and redistribute funds.
Want even more tips and advice about starting to plan your wedding? Visit WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide!
Photo: Amy E Photography
One of the best ways to show guests your appreciation is by giving them favors at the end of the reception. Not only can you customize them to your liking, but also can prepare them yourself. But how do you choose from such an infinite list? We’ve narrowed the selection down in our photo gallery to help you decide.
Crystal & Trey
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We were definitely a couple with a small budget, so the price was great. The theme and location of the venue is exactly what we wanted. We wanted a local outdoor wedding that our family and friends would be able to easily attend. It was also special to us because it’s a county-owned site, so we remembered taking field trips there as kids in school. Overall, it was just a great place for us, and it could not have been more beautiful!
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. As our unity symbol, we made a braid. One of our favorite things to do together is rock climb. To tie that in, we used our rock climbing rope that we both learned how to tie a belay knot with.
2. One of our very special details was our foot washing ceremony during our ceremony. It was a symbol of our faith, and it showed how in our marriage we are committing to serve one another in a loving and caring way.
3. Another favorite detail we had was our remembrance of our grandparents, who have passed on. We had 8×10 photos in frames of them sitting on the front rows during the ceremony. They were very special people in our lives so we wanted to make sure they were remembered in an important way at our wedding.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
Our most special moment was our first kiss. It had been raining early that morning, so we were very nervous. It was partially cloudy all day as we kept our fingers crossed to at least hold off on the rain until the reception. Luckily, it worked! The rain held off and here is the special part: as we finished our first kiss, the clouds parted, and the sun was shining right on our faces. It was the cutest, most wonderful and perfect moment we could have asked for. Our guests could not stop talking about it!