Hello, fellow brides-to-be! My name is Caitlin, and I’m a member of the editorial team here at WeddingWire. I’m also recently engaged and planning my real-life wedding as we speak. Throughout the entire process, I’ll be giving you insight on my experiences until I walk down the aisle. First, it was wedding dress shopping and all the surprises that come along with, and then, it was registering for surprising necessities. Next up: attending WeddingWire Social DC, a local event that brings together engaged couples.
1. Met New Friends (& Found A Wedding Date Twin) – Yes, it was a happy hour for engaged WeddingWire employees, but turns out, they also brought other brides- and grooms-to-be too! Warning: You will meet a couple who has the same wedding date as you, and you will have to take an Instagram #selfie along with your engagement ring bling.
2. We <3 Our Vendors – We all dished about our favorite vendors, and it was fun to compare notes on who we booked and why.
3. Insider Planning Tips – The #1 must-have tip of the evening: purchase travel insurance. You never know if you will have unexpected bad weather or cancellations.
4. Major Stress Relief – Other than confiding in family, friends, and your bridal party, this was the largest group of engaged couples I’ve been around, let alone in the same room. We became each other’s support system!
5. Free Swag – What’s better than rocking WeddingWire sunglasses and koozies? The a “I’m the Bride!” and “I’m the Groom!” stickers were a fun accessory, too.
To find out more information on hosting your own WeddingWire Social, visit our forums!