Kaitlin & Victor
San Luis Obispo, California
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
The fact that they had one of the original steam trains that used to run around Disneyland! We rented it for the afternoon, and guests got to ride it around the ranch. Having grown up in southern California and spending our youth (and adulthood) going to Disneyland, Victor and I were huge Disney fans. The deal was pretty much set once we found out about the train.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The train.
2. The home videos we had playing above us when we had our first dance, father/daughter dance and mother/son dance.
3. All of our DIY projects, especially our handmade photobooth made by a friend.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Don’t stress out! I did not like any aspect of the wedding planning process, and many a time I wanted to elope. Don’t do it! It’s totally worth it to stick it out. Try and enjoy the wedding planning with your fiancé, because (hopefully) it will be the only wedding you get to plan. Just remember that in the end it’s all about the love between you two.
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
The non-first look my husband and I did. We did a first look, but we were blindfolded – this gave us the chance to meet up before the wedding to hug, hold hands, exchange cards and in my husbands case cry his eyes out, without actually seeing each other. Even though I expected the crying from him (he’s a big baby – in a good way), it was especially sweet since we would be getting married a few minutes later.