Recent Wedding Ideas Posts
Post sponsored by the Wedding Salon
Photo courtesy of the Wedding Salon
If you’re getting married in the Chicago or New York areas, the Wedding Salon is hosting two must-attend luxury bridal showcases that will help you kick-start your wedding planning.
Chicago: The Wedding Salon showcase will be held on Monday, October 13th, 2014 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the InterContinental Chicago. You’ll find great resources for planning your wedding, including:
- Cake tastings and cocktails
- Makeovers by The Beauty Crew and Blink Mobile Spa
- Manicure by ManiCube
- Gown and men’s formalwear previews by Jenny Yoo and Alton Lane
- Destination wedding and honeymoon experts from Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, Aruba, Tahiti, Mexico and Puerto Rico
- Honeymoon giveaways
- Inspiring reception décor ideas
- Luxe goody bags with products from Essie, Supersmile, Rosebud Perfume Company, and more
New York: The New York Wedding Salon showcase is on Monday, November 17, 2014 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Metropolitan Pavilion. Here’s just a few of the highlights:
- Cake tastings from TLC’s Cake Boss
- Makeovers by Lancôme at Bergdorf Goodman
- Gown and men’s formalwear previews from Charisol Bridal Boutique and Black Lapel
- Destination wedding and honeymoon experts from such gorgeous locales as Puerto Rico, the Florida Keys, Aruba, Mexico, and Tahiti
- Honeymoon giveaways
- Wedding reception décor inspiration
- The chance to receive a goody bag featuring products from Fekkai, Essie, and more.
To buy tickets for either of these events, visit the Wedding Salon’s website. Be sure to enter code WWBP to get tickets for just $15 (a $75 value). See you there!
Photo by Best Photography
For a fall wedding, there’s no better way to satisfy your guests than with a dessert display. You can offer everything from pies and caramel applies, to cookies and cupcakes. It’s a great alternative to the traditional slice of cake. However, there are a few tips and tricks you should know about when creating such an array of sweets. WeddingWire’s FallBook 2014 laid out the do’s and don’ts of dessert displays so you know exactly how to create yours. Eat up!
Photo by Brittany Graham Photography
In our tech-reliant society, it’s possible to do just about anything from our phones. From shopping to talking face-to-face with someone thousands of miles away, everything is possible! So why not plan your special day right from the palm of your hands? With these 6 ways to plan a wedding from your phone, you’ll never need to use a computer for wedding planning again!
Tying the knot in the fall means countless options for gorgeous venues. Vineyards are especially beautiful during these months. Their acres of vines and beautiful trees create the perfect wedding backdrop. Lucky for you, WeddingWire’s FallBook 2014 has compiled a list of 20 Amazing Vineyard Wedding Venues from across the country. While some are sprawling, others are more appropriate for a quiet and intimate affair. Check out the list now to find the perfect one!
While we’re all about respecting wedding traditions here at WeddingWire, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to put your own spin on things. From hosting the cocktail hour before the ceremony, to having both parents walk you down the aisle (not just Dad!), there are many ways to change up these age-old traditions. WeddingWire FallBook 2014 gives you 14 wedding traditions with a twist to make your nuptials uniquely you!