Heading off on your honeymoon soon? Admist packing all the travel basics like clothing and shoes in your suitcase, you can’t forget to confirm all your reservations too! Properly place all your paperwork in a secure spot. Get jet-set-chic with any of these stylish passport covers here.
Recent Honeymoons Posts
Looking to add some cute carry-on suitcases to your registry for that amazing post-wedding trip? And for pretty much every vacation thereafter. Do you research on the different types available (i.e. rolling, duffel, garment, and weekender), then check out our Travel Editor’s of-the-moment stylish picks that are totally worth lugging to and from the airport here.
Sponsored by Palladium Hotels & Resorts
Last week, we hosted a fabulous and lively Twitter Party featuring wedding expert Karen Bussen for Palladium Hotels & Resorts. We got lots of wonderful questions and Karen shared lots of fabulous advice (plus we gave away a three-night stay to the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa to one lucky winner), so we just wanted to share some of the highlights in case you missed the chat.
Hey Garden! I know it’s been about 4 months since we honeymooned in Maui, but I miss it everyday! It was probably the best vacation I’ve ever been on; Ryan and I had the time of our lives! So, while I’m still patiently waiting for our wedding pictures to come back from the photographers, I wanted to share with you some shots from our island honeymoon.
Ryan and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa in Lahaina – it was truly an incredible place. From the exotic birds, the beautiful landscape and the breathtaking views, we were in awe from the moment we drove up. The pool was something else, complete with a waterfall and swim up bar with TVs. The resort also had its own private beach access, which we used to watch the sunset almost every evening. Horseback riding, snorkeling and zip lining were only but a few activities we participated in during our stay. I’d have to say a highlight of the whole trip would be our time spent in the resorts beautiful spa, Spa Moana. We had a couples massage in beachside cabanas and then took in the relaxing views (see photo below) from our spa chairs. Heaven!
I was day dreaming about being back here today. Maybe for an anniversary surprise?! We’ll see.
The fall season is known for its vivid colors and just-right weather; the perfect combination for a romantic honeymoon. Whether you prefer mountain views or calming waterfront scenery, autumn is a great time to enjoy nature and each other’s company. Read on to learn more about some gorgeous destinations for bright leaves and intimate getaways:
1. The Alps: The Alps expand across the European nations of France, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, and Slovenia; all of which boast beautiful views of these enchanting mountains. Autumn colors scattered on the Alps in France, Italy, and Austria make for an unforgettable honeymoon experience while tours in Austria and Switzerland add some excitement to your trip.
2. New England: From the gold leaves around the city of Boston to the foliage surrounding apple orchards in Vermont, New England has plenty of breathtaking destinations for autumn-lovers. In Massachusetts, visitors can lose themselves in the warm colors near the coast on Cape Cod or through the winding roads of the Berkshires. Maine’s variety of vibrant maples and oaks allow honeymooners to enjoy hours of harvest festivals or just take relaxing strolls through its charming forests.
3. Aspen, Colorado: Aspen was named after a well-known tree which turns bright golden-yellow and ignites Colorado scenery in September. With the Rocky Mountains, Twin Lakes, and the Maroon Bells wilderness area, there are plenty of photo opportunities for you and your loved one to cherish for years after your picture-perfect honeymoon.
4. England: Not only does New England have impressive foliage, but so does ‘old England.’ Hop across the pond to visit castles surrounded by brilliant hues and small villages with crisp autumn mornings. England’s Lake District has much in the way of colorful waterfront scenes complete with swans and sailboats. Not far from the lakes is Lancaster, a historic town that’s full of natural beauty.
5. Asheville, North Carolina: With temperatures in the 60s and 70s, Asheville is the ideal destination for honeymooners who want to enjoy autumn’s beauty but don’t want to bundle up too much. Enjoy magnificent leaf displays during the day then cozy up at a sweet bed and breakfast in the heart of western North Carolina’s largest city. The Blue Ridge Mountains have one of the longest leaf seasons, so you don’t have to worry about missing peak colors- even if your wedding date is set for late October.