Recent Party Ideas Posts
Music and dancing is a big part of most wedding celebrations, but more and more couples are providing other activities to entertain guests of all ages during the reception. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
Photo: Kaylan Buteyn Photography
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Party Ideas, Wedding Guests
Tags: abby ruefner photography, bonfire, caricature artist, Chupp Photography, dance-free entertainment, Elevate Photography, i spy, kaylan buteyn ph, Kristen Penner Photography, Leah Robbins Photography, Nichanh Nicole photography, pinata, Sugar and Soul Photography, tPoz Photography, word search
Photo: Watson Studios
What’s not to love about a low-key rehearsal dinner? Immediate family, out-of-town guests and of course, bridesmaids, groomsmen and flower girls or ring bearers gather after the ceremony run-through to eat, drink and toast to the future newlyweds. It’s quality time spend with those loved ones, who you most likely won’t have enough time to hold long conversations with during the reception and a way to mellow out any pre-wedding jitters you may have.
Kick off the weekend with our favorite summer cocktails and appetizers and end the outdoor picnic with one of these regional comfort foods below.
Categories: Food + Catering, Ideas + Trends, Party Ideas, Polls
Tags: bbq, christian oth photography, clam bake, crab feast, food & drinks, lobster boil, pig roast, polls, Rehearsal Dinners
To get you geared up for the holiday weekend, we wanted to share some of our favorite sparkler send-offs from recent real weddings. It’s a great nod to the Fourth that makes a fun and exciting ending to a celebration at any time of the year. And photos of sparkler send-offs are always among our favorites! Here are a few gorgeous sparkler images to inspire you. Have a great weekend!
Photo by Colette Mruk Photography. To view the rest of Erin and Jason’s South Carolina wedding, click here.
We often forget about the events leading up to the wedding, especially the bridal shower. Why? Because you’re not supposed to plan it! You get to be the guest of honor as your closest female friends and family gather to girl-talk, eat and lavish you with gifts. Lately though, brides have been steering away from the age-old tradition and choosing their own steal-worthy theme. We love how this bridal shower is an interactive picnic. Guests were able to pick their blanket to sit on and basket to place their food in. It almost makes us want to take a trip down the rabbit hole from Alice in Wonderland. Grab a cup of tea, point your pinky and join this charming celebration:
Categories: Bridal Showers, Ideas + Trends, Party Ideas, Style
Tags: bridal shower picnics, bridal showers, lawn games, north carolina bridal showers, picnics, Posh Affairs, Rae Images, shabby chic bridal showers, The Oaks Events
Bachelorette parties don’t have to center around bar crawls and embarrassing charades. Instead, think of it as an opportunity to try something new! Check out some of these unique bachelorette party ideas:
1. Back to School – Tailgate at your old stomping grounds (a.k.a university or college) for a sporting event.
2. Train for a Marathon/Triathlon – Every bride wants to eat healthy and exercise before the wedding. Register for a 5k like the Color Run or 3-day (60 miles) Susan B. Comen race to end breast cancer.
3. Skydive – This adrenaline adventure in the sky will get any bride’s heart pumping.
4. Whitewater Rafting – If the bride is more of the outdoorsy type, consider getting wet and wild down river rapids.
5. RV Cross Country – Take a week’s vacation and rent an RV with your besties. Road trip across U.S. major cities such as: New York City, Washington, D.C., Nashville, New Orleans, Dallas, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
6. Pottery Making – Be a ceramic potter for a day. Ask each bridesmaid to create a piece of artwork for the bride’s home.
7. Cruise the Countryside – No, not in a car, but bikes. Choose a destination that has plenty of sight-seeing and good eats to take pit stops at.
8. Trapeze Class – Fly high before you take the plunge.
9. Boating – Hire a captain and sail the open sea.
10. Photo Shoot – Choose a theme and have a everyone dress accordingly.
Which idea would you choose? Let us know in the comments below!