A detail that can often be overlooked is lighting. While it may not seem like the most important element of your decor, it sets the mood for your reception. It goes without saying that you should avoid any overhead florescent lighting. If that’s all your venue has, ask them if you can bring in candles, string lights, or chandeliers. The lighting at your venue may already be exactly what you want, but if not, there are some ways you can improve the ambiance.
1. Hang a sheer backdrop against a plain wall with twinkle lights.
2. Rent or purchase chandeliers.
3. Drape white lights in a crisscross pattern with a simple chandelier in the middle.
4. Hire a professional light technician to create a spectacular design that fits with your theme/style.
5. Hang string lights from four posts to create a tented feel.