With This Ring I Thee Wedd

With This Ring I Thee Wedd

Wedding Officiant Serving VA, DC & MD

Alexandria, VA 22310 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Christian (no denomination)
About Us

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! I am a Marriage Celebrant authorized by Fairfax County Circuit Court to celebrate wedding ceremonies in Virginia. Additionally, I'm licensed in Washington, DC and have reciprocal standing in Maryland. With This Ring was recently featured in a blog post, Winery Weddings Magazine. Follow this link to that article. http://www.wineryweddingmagazine.com/qa-with-an-officiant/

With 22 years of experience, I possess the skills to assist you design a ceremony that is cross-cultural, spiritual, Christian, interfaith or secular. Every couple I meet, every ceremony I celebrate, is unique and memorable. I encourage couples who may not want a religious ceremony but a spiritual ceremony to embrace and include cultural traditions within their ceremony. From the volume of materials I've collected over the years, I will guide you as together we craft the ceremony that tells your story and expresses your values.

Wedding celebrations occur in just about every venue imaginable, from parks and backyards to churches and ballrooms, hospital chapels and historic properties. Also, consider a theme wedding...these of a few of the themed weddings I had the pleasure of being part of....Jimmy Buffet, renaissance and luau weddings. Regardless of where, when, themed or not, I will work with you to ensure your wedding is about you!

In April 1992 I conducted my first wedding and to date I've presided at more than 2000 weddings. I hold a M.Ed. in family counseling from the University of Maryland and I'm a trained Prepare/Enrich counselor. Additionally, I am a Virginia Certified Mediator, Conflict Coach, Stephen Minister, and a Distinguished Toastmaster, the highest individual recognition bestowed by Toastmasters International.

To stay current with wedding matters, I am a member of the Association of Wedding Professionals. The meetings are planned to allow members the opportunity to network, and participate in an education component presented by a subject matter expert. Occasionally I am asked "what happens if something happens to you?" Through networking I have many resources available to me should I need a replacement due to an illness or personal emergency.

Contact me today at wedding.celebrant@verizon.net to set-up a complimentary get acquainted meeting.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Leora made our experience so special and wonderful, I can't imagine that a better celebrant exists! My (now) husband and I live in South Carolina but got married in Northern Virginia, and Leora was incredibly flexible in working with us by email and phone before we arrived in town. She made herself available to meet with us in person a couple days before the ceremony, and she guided us through so many details that hadn't occurred to us at all (we had a small wedding and no planner, so it was incredibly helpful that Leora guided us through where people stand, who sits where, etc etc). In our early phone meetings, Leora asked me and my husband to talk about each other, describe what we admire in each other and just tell our stories in general, and she used what we said to compose a ceremony that was incredibly moving, personal and totally customized to us. She was also super helpful in making sure we'd taken care of the license and all the other important paperwork before the ceremony. I would recommend Leora in a heartbeat! She is definitely the best.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Services Used: Officiant
Endorsements
Being in our business we've heard a lot of ceremonies and Leora's officiating is a breath of fresh air! She is engaging, enthusiastic, warm and inspirational. Her officiating focused on the couple--not just a "cookie cutter" oration. We're definitely looking forward to hearing Leora's work again and would recommend her to anyone looking to add a "spark" to their ceremony!
Associations I Belong to
With This Ring I Thee Wedd is a wedding officiant from Washington DC. We service weddings througout the local area, including VA, DC, and MD. With This Ring I Thee Wedd is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the Washington DC wedding industry for 22 years. We specialize in officiating wedding ceremomies
703-577-2164
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment