With This Ring I Thee Wedd

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Renae
07/18/2015

Leora was amazing. Very professional, very responsive, and very detail oriented. She met with myself and my (then) fiance for a first interview of sorts, completely with the goal of personalizing our ceremony and vows. She was open to us giving ideas, writing our own vows and offered to help for every step of the way. I preferred to give her free rein (afterall, this is her industry!) and within the span of our initial meeting, was able to pinpoint all of these things that made us... "us". The way we interacted with each other, our comments and speech, the things that make us happy, Leora interwove everything into a ceremony that really made us happy. She was such a pleasure to work with!

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
Alexandria, VA 22310
BLOG

Wedding Officiant Serving VA, DC & MD

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! I am a Marriage Celebrant authorized by Fairfax County Circuit Court to celebrate wedding ceremonies in Virginia. Additionally, I'm licensed in Washington, DC and have reciprocal standing in Maryland. With This Ring was recently featured in a blog post, Winery Weddings Magazine. Follow this link to that article. http://www.wineryweddingmagazine.com/qa-with-an-officiant/

With 22 years of experience, I possess the skills to assist you design a ceremony that is cross-cultural, spiritual, Christian, interfaith or secular. Every couple I meet, every ceremony I celebrate, is unique and memorable. I encourage couples who may not want a religious ceremony but a spiritual ceremony to embrace and include cultural traditions within their ceremony. From the volume of materials I've collected over the years, I will guide you as together we craft the ceremony that tells your story and expresses your values.

Wedding celebrations occur in just about every venue imaginable, from parks and backyards to churches and ballrooms, hospital chapels and historic properties. Also, consider a theme wedding...these of a few of the themed weddings I had the pleasure of being part of....Jimmy Buffet, renaissance and luau weddings. Regardless of where, when, themed or not, I will work with you to ensure your wedding is about you!

In April 1992 I conducted my first wedding and to date I've presided at more than 2000 weddings. I hold a M.Ed. in family counseling from the University of Maryland and I'm a trained Prepare/Enrich counselor. Additionally, I am a Virginia Certified Mediator, Conflict Coach, Stephen Minister, and a Distinguished Toastmaster, the highest individual recognition bestowed by Toastmasters International.

To stay current with wedding matters, I am a member of the Association of Wedding Professionals. The meetings are planned to allow members the opportunity to network, and participate in an education component presented by a subject matter expert. Occasionally I am asked "what happens if something happens to you?" Through networking I have many resources available to me should I need a replacement due to an illness or personal emergency.

Contact me today at wedding.celebrant@verizon.net to set-up a complimentary get acquainted meeting.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Officiant
Event Types: Christenings, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies
Established: 1992
Accepts: Cash, Check
ENDORSEMENTS (3)
Being in our business we've heard a lot of ceremonies and Leora's officiating is a breath of fresh air! She is engaging, enthusiastic, warm and inspirational. Her officiating focused on the couple--not just a "cookie cutter" oration. We're definitely looking forward to hearing Leora's work again and would recommend her to anyone looking to add a "spark" to their ceremony!
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
With This Ring I Thee Wedd is a wedding officiant from Washington DC. We service weddings throughout the local area, including VA, DC, and MD. With This Ring I Thee Wedd is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the Washington DC wedding industry for 22 years. We specialize in officiating wedding ceremomies