Whitney Curtis Photography

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Amy
05/02/2014

My sister hired Whitney to be her wedding photographer, and after seeing the pictures I knew I wanted her to photograph my own wedding. From the first meeting, Whitney showed professionalism and a genuine interest in what my (now) husband and I found important and how to incorporate our own personalities through our photos. Whitney and her assistant did not disappoint on the day of our wedding - they were flexible and pleasant to work with, AND they beautifully captured not only the big moments, but the smaller moments that may have gone unseen. She has a great eye for detail. They also did a good job of getting a comprehensive collection of photos without being a distraction to the ceremony and reception. I am so happy with my photo collection from that day, and I owe it all to Whitney. Next time I need a professional photographer, I'll be calling her up.

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
3015 Salena St. Suite 102, Saint Louis, MO 63118

Wedding Photojournalist

It is my goal when documenting one of the most important events of your life to allow the wedding day to unfold naturally.  This way I can capture all those spontaneous moments that make the day special and help me tell the unique story of your wedding day.

My style is deeply rooted in documentary photography. After graduating from the University of Missouri-Columbia with a degree in photojournalism, I spent seven years working as a staff photojournalist at daily newspapers in Kansas City, northern Utah and suburban Chicago. I am now a St. Louis-based freelance photographer, completing domestic and international assignments for a variety of editorial, corporate and non-profit clients in addition to photographing weddings. My work has appeared in publications such as The New York Times, Newsweek, The Washington Post and USA Today. I am a member of the Wedding Photojournalist Association, National Press Photographers Association and American Society of Media Photographers. My editorial portfolio can be viewed at www.whitneycurtis.com.

+/- read less