The Silent Movie Theater

4.3
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Obviously The Cinefamily as a theater is awesome, so they need no review there. This review is for it as a wedding venue:

I just got married there on 10/11 and it was perfect for me and my husband. We got married in the actual theater, and then the party opened up to their beautiful Spanish patio in the back, which looks so majestic at night with all the greenery and string lights. We barely had to bring any decorations (though some tissue paper pom poms looked lovely stuck in among all the greenery against the walls outside).

The theater offers fun add ons to the rental like unlimited popcorn and soda for the ceremony and reception, which our guests loved, and use of their projector for a video we made to play before the ceremony. And of course, they put our names on the marquee, included in the rental price.

I gave the venue 5 stars because ultimately our day was seamless and the staff was incredibly helpful and on top of their game. However, I have to be honest for potential renters that in the year since we booked, we had been shuffled around between about 5 different contacts at the theater. The initial guy we met and signed with was no longer at the theater within about two months of signing, and no one let us know about it until we e-mailed him about something and they responded, filling us in. Then, we were given another contact, who didn't seem to know anything about running their events, and then another, and then another. At the time, I was very worried that because of all the shuffling, we would somehow end up either without a venue, or just have a lot of things go wrong on the day.

But I had to remind myself, they are a non-profit theater first, and when we got to meet our last contact, Mario, who was incredibly knowledgable, calm, and helpful, I felt much better. He and the staff on the day (Patrick was the manager, who rocked, and Robinson, the AV guy, also really on it) made sure everything was done how we had wanted it, and we just got to enj

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 person found this review helpful
LOCATION
611 N. Fairfax ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036

Whether an unconventional wedding, a glamorous getaway for the annual office party, a dazzling birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, sweet sixteen or any other kind of celebration you can imagine--it's better at the movies. DVD and BluRay projection are included at no extra charge, and the Spanish Patio with its granite-topped bar is perfect for ... read more

Whether an unconventional wedding, a glamorous getaway for the annual office party, a dazzling birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, sweet sixteen or any other kind of celebration you can imagine--it's better at the movies. DVD and BluRay projection are included at no extra charge, and the Spanish Patio with its granite-topped bar is perfect for receptions.

Ask us about other party-time fun we offer such as: video games on the big screen; karaoke; Webber propane grill; DJ turntables; red carpet; all-the-popcorn-your-guests-can eat concessions buyouts; and comprehensive event planning services from our partner Happening Events.

+/- read less