The Samoset Resort

Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party, Reception
Maximum capacity: 350
Catering: Offered in-house
About Us
It’s your dream. Let the Samoset make it come true for you. Take in the beauty of our scenic Maine coastline, enjoy cocktails and companionship on our luxurious lawn and dance the night away in one of our grand ballrooms. From the moment you begin planning this special event to the moment we bid you farewell - our on-site wedding coordinator and friendly, service oriented staff will make your wedding day shine with memories you will cherish for a lifetime.

The Samoset is nestled along 230 acres of relaxed elegance on beautiful Penobscot Bay and has become one of New England’s premiere locations for destination weddings. Your guests can enjoy our spacious and elegantly appointed guestrooms, an 18 hole championship golf course, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis, and fine dining. The scenic villages of Camden, Rockport and Rockland are just a few minutes away with plenty of opportunities for shopping, a windjammer cruise, or just a romantic stroll along the shore. Whether you’re planning an intimate affair or an extravaganza, the Samoset can help you make your dream a reality.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All I can say is that the Samoset went above and beyond for my husband and I. Our original date had to be changed due to a deployment to Afghanistan, so we had to reschedule, but that was no problem for the staff at the Samoset. Will Clayton was the event planer, and made everything happen with no issues. The only other date that we could pick was going to have to be during the off-season time because my husband and I were scheduled to move overseas shortly after my return from deployment. Again, they acted like this was no problem. Even though the resort was in the process of going through major renovations, you could hardly tell. They brought in enough staff to make it look like they were up and running for the season, were able to house all of our guests from out of town, upgraded many peoples rooms at no extra charge, let Mike and I check in to our room before they had planned, upgraded us to the Presidential Suite, they went out of their way to make it all work. Will was there at the drop of a hat when I needed something, and made the event 100% stress free. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Mike and I look forward to making the Samoset a vacation spot for many years to come. The area is beautiful, the accommodations are exceptional, and the staff is the best!

• Wedding: 03/26/2011