Sweetwater Branch Inn

Profile Picture
Dawn
1 Review
06/26/2015

My wedding couldn't have been more BEAUTIFUL! And, it couldn't have been more challenging.... We got married on steamy summer evening in July, and the weather shifted at the last minute. Sweetwater staff helped me make the very difficult decision to move the ceremony from the garden to inside the hall. They responded quickly and professionally and the ceremony flowed as if it was supposed to be inside! I was so glad and HAPPY it was moved! Inside was cool and mosquito-free and intimate and elegant. I felt like a QUEEN! Many guests commented on how lovely it was. Also, the AC had been broken that day and the room was slow to cool, so the wedding cake that my mom made started to melt and fall when it was delivered two hours before the ceremony. The owner Cornelia and her staff Lauren and the Intern along with the Florist, Joan Prange, kicked into action and team-worked and problem-solved to save the cake!! And, they protected me, the bride, from the drama of it alll while I did photos! They are SO awesome in dealing with the many surprises and dynamics a wedding can bring...Oh, and compliments to the Chef! We had a DELICIOUS meal and a fabulous time!!! Finally, our family stayed at the Inn. The rooms were so nice and breakfast was to die for! We stayed at the honeymoon suite and it was just PERFECT! I can't say enough about how happy we were with Sweetwater. I highly recommend them. THANK YOU! :-)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
625 E. University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601
BLOG

Beautiful, Elegant Garden Weddings & Reception Hall

Nestled in historic downtown Gainesville, Florida, Sweetwater Branch Inn's lush gardens complete with colonnade & gazebo flourish beside the spacious McKenzie Reception Hall and Victorian House - capable of hosting on-site events for up to 250 guests. With custom catering, twenty suites & cottages for guests and a new inground pool, Sweetwater is your already gorgeous total package.

Details