Sweet Root Village

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Carol
07/11/2015

Sweet Root Village (SRV) is simply the best event planners. They do it all. I am a highly satisfied repeat customer. We used all three services for two daughters’ weddings: florals, photography, and day-of planning. We were initially attracted to Sweet Root Village when my artistic daughter saw some of Lauren Anderson’s wedding photos online. We met with Lauren, saw more of her beautiful wedding photography, and learned that SRV also provides florals and day-of planning. Sold! When we walked into the wedding, every table looked like a magazine cover. There was eye candy everywhere! I am talking now about BOTH weddings. My daughters chose different styles/venues, yet both were perfection! I have never seen a wedding, not in person, not in a wedding magazine picture, not in a bridal TV show that was more beautiful than my daughter’s wedding this past weekend. The decorating team is led by Rachel Bridgewood and she has a painter’s eye for beauty, color, and flow. Lauren is equally as artistic with her coordinating floral arrangements. Our day-of coordinator was Julie Kwon. Julie kept us organized months before the wedding, at the rehearsal and on the day of the event. Her advice and feedback were invaluable. During the wedding day, Julie kept everything on task and on time without ever making her presence obvious. The event happened like a well-choreographed dance – thanks to Julie. It is difficult to put into words how invaluable SRV is to a wedding. Let me just say that my son is getting married next year and I have already reserved the date. I can’t imagine doing it without Sweet Root Village.

Services Used: Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning
LOCATION
112 S. Patrick St., Alexandria, VA 22314
BLOG

an inspired community of artists and designers.

Sweet Root Village is an inspired community of artists and designers specializing in unique and customized photography, floral design, event day-of-coordination, and many other services. We are a small business co-owned by Lauren Brown and Rachel Bridgwood, two young, local ladies striving to give every bride the style, quality, and personalization they deserve on their big day.  These artists strive to build relationships, to create special experiences, and to incorporate as many sustainable practices into their business as well as their personal lives as possible.

We would love to have you come by our studio in Old Town Alexandria for a cup of coffee to chat about your wedding! Email us at thevillage@sweetrootvillage.com to find out more information!

+/- read less