something new:) films

something new:) films

we would love to tell your story:)

Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Storytelling
Packages: Ceremony, Edited Video, High Definition Video, Invit...
Liability Insurance: Yes
About Us

are you ready to try something new???  life is an adventure and we love adventure!  Our latest wedding was in the safari in South Africa and we even got 'Try something new:)' tattooed on our arms...  we love creating art inspired by your love story:)  every couple is unique and special so don't you think that your wedding film should reflect that!

here's a little bit about us:

jimi and i got married on the beach in cozumel mexico 7 years ago.  we flew in a photographer from new york and decided to have my cousin (sorry cousin) film our ceremony and dances with a handheld video recorder (we took salsa tango lessons for 4 months before the wedding to surprise our guests with really cool dances).  needless to say the footage was horrible-it was shaky, dark, grainy, audio was so low you could hardly hear it, and there wasn't any stylized editing.  it was pretty much press record and stop when it's over-BORING!

after a few years on our journey we came full circle and started our own wedding film company.  we now cater to couples who realize the importance of capturing memories the right way.  since the photographer didn't do what was expected and the video was crap we don't have much to look back on, which was probably one of the most fun weeks of our lives.  being able to follow your passion and create lasting memories for others is an absolutely amazing feeling!  we wouldn't have it any other way.

we limit the number of weddings that we do per year to make sure we give each couple the tlc and attention to detail that they deserve.  for us it is not about quantity but quality.

we become invested in our couples and find out what's really important to you because there's more going on on your wedding day than just the ceremony.

don't make the mistake that we made and pass up the video, you will definitely regret it...  try somethingnew:)

sandi 702.528.2924

• Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot rave enough about how wonderful Jimi and Sandi were/are. We were referred to Something New films by a very close friend of ours. We had seen her wedding video and were blown away by the quality and story telling. Everything flowed so well in the video, and we hadn't seen any other videographer that came close to the quality that Something New had. There was no question that we were going with Something New for our wedding. On the day of our wedding, I couldn't have been happier that they were there. Not only did they blend in so well that we didn't even know they were there, but when I DID talk to them, they were so much fun and really put me at ease with their personalities. It felt like they were close friends of ours. Me, as well as my husband, felt so comfortable with them and LOVED that they were so calm and cool on the day of he wedding. It helped us to stay calm as well.

As for the quality of their work, it speaks volumes on its own. Anyone who sees their videos will be blown away. When I was watching their videos before we went with them, the storytelling and overall vibe of their videos was so amazing that I would tear up at a random persons story. They know how to capture the soul of each and every couple they work with. It truly is an amazing talent of theirs, and I'm glad we have ours to watch for many years to come. I can't recommend Jimi and Sandi enough. Not only will they do an amazing job on your video, but they will also stay in touch with you after the wedding to follow up and see how you and your spouse are doing. Very genuine people....hard to find here in Vegas. Anyone who goes with them will be blown away by how incredibly sweet they are, as well as the professionalism and dedication that goes into making your wedding video.

• Wedding: 08/11/2013
Services Used: Videography
Profile Picture
Lindsay
something new:) films is a wedding videographer from San Diego. We service weddings througout the local area, including San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York. something new:) films is a professional wedding videographer that has been part of the Las Vegas wedding industry for 3 years. We specialize in amazing high end wedding films
702-528-2924
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards