Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Nicole
07/26/2015

Shaune did my makeup for both my engagement photos and on the day of my wedding not only for me but for my entire bridal party. Prior to our first encounter we spoke via email. Shaune was always professional and extremely prompt with responding to my emails Our first encounter was incredible she was polite and professional and my makeup was flawless. Not only did she do a great job with my makeup, but she just has a beautiful personality. I truly enjoyed sitting in her chair, just talking and laughing while she worked wonders for my engagement shoot.

The next time we connected was for my makeup trial, my make up was beautiful again. I wanted a glamorous gold smokey eye for my evening wedding and she did an incredible job. I asked her to tweak my lip color and she took the feedback wonderfully and adjusted so I walked out feeling beautiful.

On the day of my wedding she arrived about 15 minutes ahead of schedule to set up her work area so she could begin promptly working on all of the bridesmaids, my mom, my husband's mom, and myself. Listening to her speak with my mother and mother-in-law it was like they had known each other for years. Every single woman who sat in her chair that day felt beautiful and at ease because of Shaune's positive attitude and skill set.

I know our professional photographs and videos will be incredible because of the care Shaune took to ensure my bridal party and family looked and felt beautiful on the day of my wedding. The products Shaune used on my skin was also fantastic! Not only did she leave a touch up kit with blotting papers, lip glosses, and powders, she also left me skin care products to remove the make up. My skin felt wonderful once the wedding was over. Anytime I need makeup or skincare products, Shaune is the woman I will call!

I would absolutely recommend Shaune for any special event you may have. She is fantastic at what she does, professional, and such a joy to be around. I am grateful to have met her!

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists responded with the following comments:

Nicole, thank you so much for taking time to leave me feedback. I really appreciate the kind words and it makes me love what I do even more. It has truly been a pleasure getting to know you over these past months. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special moments from the engagement session to the wedding day. It means a lot to me. I know there are many awesome professionals in our industry, so I do consider it a privilege to have been a part of your wedding. Thank you. Best wishes to you and your husband.

Services Used: Beauty & Health
LOCATION
Washington, DC 20071
BLOG

"You at your most beautiful"

Your wedding will be full of special moments. The beauty and magic of those moments will be long remembered by family, friends, and guests, and captured forever in photos and video. We At Shauné Hayes Makeup Hair Artists understand how important it is to look your best on your wedding day, and we work with you to create the wedding style of your dreams. We believe that the ultimate accessory for that perfect dress you spent so much time and effort finding is flawless makeup and hair. Our philosophy is that your natural beauty should be enhanced, not overdone. We don’t do heavy makeup applications because we believe skin should look like skin, not product. We work with your natural beauty to bring out all of the pretty. In essence, we believe you should be “you, at your most beautiful.”™

We are a team of professional makeup artists and hairstylists who have been providing quality on-location service throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia for over 10 years. We consider it a privilege to be a part of every wedding we service, and we pride ourselves on treating each of our clients with the utmost courtesy and respect.

We are experienced with all skin tones, ethnicities and hair textures including natural hair, and we are well-versed in the latest wedding makeup and hair trends. Our makeup artists are skin care specialists, and will ensure your skin is in its optimal condition. We specialize in false eyelashes and lash extensions which are a great enhancement for your wedding day. Our hairstylists promote healthy hair and are experts in proper care and installation of hair extensions to help you achieve the look of your dreams.

As you consider all of your wedding day beauty options, know that at Shauné Hayes Makeup Hair Artists, we understand that each bride is unique. We listen to your plans, consider your wedding style, and work within your comfort zone to create a look that emulates your personality. Our service is completely personalized and always professional.

It would be our pleasure to work with you.

Additional Honors & Awards

Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2009
Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2010
Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2011 Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2012 Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2013 Wedding Wire Couple's Choice Award Winner 2014 Wedding Wire Couple's Choice Award Winner 2015 Best Makeup and Lash Artist, Prince George's Best of 2013

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Owner and lead makeup artist Shauné Hayes has been published in The Knot magazine, Washington Post Magazine, on United with Love, Southern Weddings, Style Me Pretty, Munaluchi and Ebony.com to name a few. More of her bridal and special event work and services can be viewed on ShauneHayesMakeup.com. Her editorial and commercial work can be viewed at ShauneHayes.com. For makeup and beauty tips or to follow her life as a working makeup artist, check out her blog Blended Beaute. You can also follow her on twitter @ShauneHayesMUA; Instagram @ShauneHayesMakeup; or her Facebook business page Facebook.com/shaunehayesmua. For skin care and cosmetics, visit her beauty store ShopArtistryNow.com.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Beauty & Health
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, Proms, Quinceaneras, Sweet 16s
Established: 2001
Accepts: Cash, Check, Paypal, AMEX, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
ENDORSEMENTS (10)
Professional Make up Artist Shaune Hayes is tops in the industry! If you want a true professional with class and style and plenty of artistry then Shaune is your go to Artist. All of my brides have been extremely pleased with her work and work ethic. Highly recommended!
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists is a wedding makeup artist from Washington, DC. We service weddings throughout the local area, including DC, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New York, New Jersey. Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists is a professional wedding makeup artist and hairstylist that has been part of the Washington, DC wedding industry for over 10 years. We specialize in on-site bridal and special event makeup and hair