Sarah Ritchie, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Marcos and I got married at a beautiful location in central park. We decided for a small and intimate wedding with only the most important people to us attending and it was the best choice we made. I just have to say that I could never in a lifetime have found someone better to marry my husband and I. The whole experience with Sarah was more than anything we expected. From the first email sent she understood our situation and worked around our budget with no hesitation in comparison to other officiants we had reached out to. We are more than happy it didn't work with anyone else but Sarah, she went above and beyond to make our day the most memorable and special day of our life's even though we didn't have a big wedding. We pushed our wedding day twice and she was the most understanding person ever. & when the worst thing that could have happened to us HAPPENED the day before our wedding she kept me sane and gave me all the options possible to make everything work out. Our wedding ceremony was more beautiful than we had ever thought it would be. She made sure to add personal stuff of our history into the ceremony and what she did for us after we could never thank her enough for the beautiful gestures she had with us. I recommend her 10000000000%. You will not be disappointed with such and amazing person who clearly lovessssssssss what she does.

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
BLOG

Make the most important part of your wedding unforgettable

Whether your wedding is an impromptu affair or has been months, even years, in the making, I want to help you fashion a ceremony that is beyond your wildest dreams. Your perfect wedding reflects your history, philosophy, and creativity – as individuals and as a couple. Let’s craft a wonderful, meaning-filled ceremony that expresses he most significant aspect of your lives… one that recognizes the profound commitment you are making, as well as the sheer joy of the occasion.

My Ceremonies

Somehow the actual wedding ceremony is often over-shadowed by the other elements of the wedding day—dresses, flowers, food, music, venues. I work with you to bring this vitally important life ceremony front and center to the celebration. My job, working with you, is to fashion an original and unforgettable ceremony that is yours and yours alone and to deliver that ceremony to perfection.

Many couples that I work with have had limited experience with creative, personalized wedding or commitment ceremonies. Most of us are exposed to standard, “cookie cutter”weddings despite our particular religious affiliation or orientation. When I collaborate with a bride and groom, I help them think beyond their prior wedding experiences. Our planning is guided by questions including the following: What do you want to evoke with this ceremony? What makes you and your partner special? How did you find one another and fall in love? What are the religious, spiritual, and intellectual touchstones in your life? How can we honor your story, your family, your history? My hope is that you find it a fulfilling experience that will help you to honor you and your partner, to share your love for the other, and to crystallize the aspects of your life—family, traditions of faith and culture, personal history—that make you unique and have brought you to this day. And with careful, heart-felt preparation the wedding ceremony will unfold into an unforgettable experience for you and your honored guests.

How it Works

I am delighted to speak with you about the type of ceremony you have in mind. I invite you to a complimentary meeting to discuss your vision of the day. Our initial discussion helps me get to know you and vice versa, focusing on the big picture of your personal love story and preferences for the wedding. After determining your specific needs, I provide details about my fees for the service.

The heart of a celebrant led wedding is the narrative of your story. Our first project is to create that anchor for the wedding. I’ll give you a survey that will help me learn about you and your love for your partner and draft an essay of your personal story for your review. As we move through this important process, we will discuss other elements of the wedding and your desires and hopes—readings, music, and rituals or customs you wish to include (from your own tradition or others). I provide unlimited access to materials for your consideration and review, to help you think creatively about the final ceremony.

I will provide you with a complete draft of your ceremony, for edits and suggestions. I will revisit the draft completing as many revisions as are necessary to meet your approval and expectations.

+/- read less