Sarah Ritchie, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

SARAH RITCHIE WAS SPECTACULAR FROM OUR FIRST MEETING UNTIL THE CONCLUSION OF OUR CEREMONY. MY PARTNER, BERNADETTE, AND I FOUND SARAH ON WEDDING WIRE AFTER OUR PARISH PRIEST REFUSED TO MARRY US. WE ARE SO HAPPY HE DID BECAUSE SARAH WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND OUR WILDEST EXPECTATIONS. FROM OUR FIRST MEETING AND THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS SHE WAS HELPFUL AND ENCOURAGING. SARAH WORKED WITH MY PARTNER'S TWIN SISTER, UNA, TO PREPARE A CEREMONY THAT ALL OF OUR GUESTS ARE RAVING ABOUT. SHE GATHERED OUR HISTORY AND SPOKE WITH SUCH FAMILIARITY THAT SOME GUESTS THOUGHT SARAH WAS A LIFELONG FRIEND. MY WIFE IS IRISH AND WE WANTED A CELTIC TWIST SO SARAH SUGGESTED HANDFASTING. WE LOVED IT. SARAH HELPED DESIGN OUR WEDDING PROGRAMS AND EVEN ADDED RIBBON AND CELTIC CHARMS TO FINISH THEM OFF. HER SCRIPT WAS AWESOME AND INFUSED WITH APPROPRIATE QUOTES AND WIT. SARAH PICKED UP ON OUR IDEA OF THANKING OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS FOR BEING THERE THROUGHOUT OUR LIVES AND SHE BUILT HER SCRIPT AROUND THAT PREMISE. WE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER WITH HER SERVICE. SARAH IS ONE OF A KIND.

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
BLOG

Make the most important part of your wedding unforgettable

Whether your wedding is an impromptu affair or has been months, even years, in the making, I want to help you fashion a ceremony that is beyond your wildest dreams. Your perfect wedding reflects your history, philosophy, and creativity – as individuals and as a couple. Let’s craft a wonderful, meaning-filled ceremony that expresses he most significant aspect of your lives… one that recognizes the profound commitment you are making, as well as the sheer joy of the occasion.

My Ceremonies

Somehow the actual wedding ceremony is often over-shadowed by the other elements of the wedding day—dresses, flowers, food, music, venues. I work with you to bring this vitally important life ceremony front and center to the celebration. My job, working with you, is to fashion an original and unforgettable ceremony that is yours and yours alone and to deliver that ceremony to perfection.

Many couples that I work with have had limited experience with creative, personalized wedding or commitment ceremonies. Most of us are exposed to standard, “cookie cutter”weddings despite our particular religious affiliation or orientation. When I collaborate with a bride and groom, I help them think beyond their prior wedding experiences. Our planning is guided by questions including the following: What do you want to evoke with this ceremony? What makes you and your partner special? How did you find one another and fall in love? What are the religious, spiritual, and intellectual touchstones in your life? How can we honor your story, your family, your history? My hope is that you find it a fulfilling experience that will help you to honor you and your partner, to share your love for the other, and to crystallize the aspects of your life—family, traditions of faith and culture, personal history—that make you unique and have brought you to this day. And with careful, heart-felt preparation the wedding ceremony will unfold into an unforgettable experience for you and your honored guests.

How it Works

I am delighted to speak with you about the type of ceremony you have in mind. I invite you to a complimentary meeting to discuss your vision of the day. Our initial discussion helps me get to know you and vice versa, focusing on the big picture of your personal love story and preferences for the wedding. After determining your specific needs, I provide details about my fees for the service.

The heart of a celebrant led wedding is the narrative of your story. Our first project is to create that anchor for the wedding. I’ll give you a survey that will help me learn about you and your love for your partner and draft an essay of your personal story for your review. As we move through this important process, we will discuss other elements of the wedding and your desires and hopes—readings, music, and rituals or customs you wish to include (from your own tradition or others). I provide unlimited access to materials for your consideration and review, to help you think creatively about the final ceremony.

I will provide you with a complete draft of your ceremony, for edits and suggestions. I will revisit the draft completing as many revisions as are necessary to meet your approval and expectations.

+/- read less