Rev. Jim Rooney

Rev. Jim Rooney

Priest, Celebrant and Officiant.

376 Breakneck Road
Beacon, NY 12508 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Buddhist, Christian (no denomination), Christian - A...
About Us

Your life together begins here…

“What you are is God’s gift to you; What you make of it, it’s your gift to God.”

This is the reflection I have on my Ordination Card. It sums up my belief in life and relationship with God, family and friends.

We all need the time and space to hear that inner voice to allow us to be who we are called to be. I believe we can only experience this self-discovery by allowing ourselves to touch and be touched in all of life’s experiences and then taking the time and space to hold on to them; to cherish and sometimes to let go.

To this end I’ve created Beacon Hermitage. The Hermitage is situated in the beautiful Hudson Valley at the base of Mount Beacon, the highest point in the Hudson Highlands.

In the quiet and calm of Beacon Hermitage you will find a place that affords you both an opportunity to focus on what really matters: your relationship and future happiness. It will help you deal with the most important aspects related to planning a wedding- you and your partner. Envision the loving moments you will experience here with your partner that will empower you both to remember why you are getting married. This marriage is a public declaration and commitment of your love for each other that has the power to inspire and enrich you for life.

Awaken into your creativity for inspiration and self-expression on your personal path to the altar of life. Seek each other’s beauty of spirit. This is the soul who is entrusting their life to you. Find the reassurance from each other to step confidently into a journey that will require your love, strength, patience, wisdom, forgiveness, charity and joy.

I invite you to join me in allowing the Spirit of our Creator to touch your mind, body and spirit. I look forward to sharing with you in your journey as you seek renewal and recommitment to life and community.

I am an ordained priest in the Roman Catholic Tradition and registered civil marriage celebrant based in Beacon, with a wide experience of performing various ceremonies including: weddings, same sex weddings,funerals, memorials, baby naming days, commitment ceremonies, anniversaries and special occasions.

My training and experience have given me a deep knowledge of the role of officiant and celebrant in the community and the important role of ritual and ceremony in our lives. Together we will create a beautiful Order of Service that expresses your deepest feelings and most powerful emotions – whether they be feelings of love, joy, optimism, grief or acceptance.

The first step may seem daunting but I will personalize a ceremony to your every need and I will share with you my broad collection of ideas, poetry, readings, music and rituals, if you don’t know where to begin.

As a priest, officiant and chaplain I really love what I do, and you can be sure that I will always put your needs and wishes first and help you develop the ceremony you want.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married on September 20, 2014. My husband and I were referred to Rev. Rooney by our venue. From my first conversation with Jim I had a good feeling about working with him. Aside from being very kind and thoughtful, I felt as though he was invested in getting to know us. Throughout the process of speaking and meeting with Jim, he made it a personal and welcoming experience. Not only did we get to know Jim but he also had such a wonderful ability that led us to growing closer in our relationship. As part of the meeting process, I felt like a guest in his home. playing with his adorable dog Angus and being blessed with some of his wonderful cooking! During the last meeting, Jim sent us out on a hike in the trails behind his home. The whole process reminded us why we were getting married, in addition to the investment that would be required by both in any sucessful marriage.
The ceremony was amazing and I am still receiving compliments on how special it was. Rev. Rooney incorporated what was important to us and our family in such a unique and personal way. As flexible as he was during the planning process he was also very helpful and gave us great recommendations for our ceremony. My husband and I are both Roman Catholic so our experience has always been very traditional, leading us to experience some initial hesitantly in having such a personal and family oriented ceremony. I'm so glad we listened to his suggestions because I can't stress enough as to how much we loved the ceremony. We and our guests smiled, laughed and cried throughout it all! What a wonderful experience!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: Officiant
Profile Picture
Tara
Rev. Jim Rooney is a wedding Officiant from Beacon. We service weddings througout the local area, including New York City, Westchester, and Hudson Valley. Rev. Jim Rooney is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the New York wedding industry for 18 years. We specialize in Catholic, non denominational, Interfaith, religious, spiritual ceremonies
917-880-0791
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards