Rev. Jim Rooney

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Do yourself, your fiancé, your wedding guests, your ceremony, AND your peace of mind a HUGE favor and HIRE THIS MAN! Rev. Jim Rooney made our wedding ceremony absolutely perfect! My husband and I wanted both personal AND classic vows, a few different readings, and a remembrance for departed loved ones and Rev. Jim listened to us intently, got to know our backgrounds and relationship story and worked closely with us to create a perfect blend of our interests! I can say that when Rev. Jim makes a suggestion to your ceremony script; listen to him! Every suggestion that Jim offered to us created such moving and personal elements in our ceremony! And our guests felt it too! We had a gathering of 125 people and nearly every single one of them said to us, for weeks afterward; "That was the most moving ceremony that I've ever attended!" or "That was seriously the best wedding EVER!" and "Most moving ceremony I have ever been a part of!" I cannot overstate this, I seriously heard some variation of this over 100 times! It is SUCH a great feeling to know that our unforgettable day was made special and unforgettable to our guests as well! We have Rev. Jim to thank for that! He is such a special man! Also; if you are considering his various packages, we HIGHLY recommend the package that includes lunch and an afternoon retreat with Rev. Jim! It is among our favorite wedding memories that amid the stress and hectic planning leading up to our big day, we were able to escape to Rev. Jim's beautiful Hudson Valley property to spend some quality time with him, to enjoy some of his awesome cooking (frittata? To DIE!), and go on a reflective nature walk along the river that runs through his property! My husband and I are SO Grateful for those quiet moments together, remembering why the heck we wanted to do this in the first place! (We even got caught in the rain and shared a movie-moment kiss! #TheNotebook!) You were guided to Rev. Jim for a reason ... hire him! You won't regret it!

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
376 Breakneck Road, Beacon, NY 12508
BLOG

Priest, Celebrant and Officiant.

Your life together begins here…

“What you are is God’s gift to you; What you make of it, it’s your gift to God.”

This is the reflection I have on my Ordination Card. It sums up my belief in life and relationship with God, family and friends.

We all need the time and space to hear that inner voice to ... read more

Your life together begins here…

We all need the time and space to hear that inner voice to allow us to be who we are called to be. I believe we can only experience this self-discovery by allowing ourselves to touch and be touched in all of life’s experiences and then taking the time and space to hold on to them; to cherish and sometimes to let go.

To this end I’ve created Beacon Hermitage. The Hermitage is situated in the beautiful Hudson Valley at the base of Mount Beacon, the highest point in the Hudson Highlands.

In the quiet and calm of Beacon Hermitage you will find a place that affords you both an opportunity to focus on what really matters: your relationship and future happiness. It will help you deal with the most important aspects related to planning a wedding- you and your partner. Envision the loving moments you will experience here with your partner that will empower you both to remember why you are getting married. This marriage is a public declaration and commitment of your love for each other that has the power to inspire and enrich you for life.

Awaken into your creativity for inspiration and self-expression on your personal path to the altar of life. Seek each other’s beauty of spirit. This is the soul who is entrusting their life to you. Find the reassurance from each other to step confidently into a journey that will require your love, strength, patience, wisdom, forgiveness, charity and joy.

I invite you to join me in allowing the Spirit of our Creator to touch your mind, body and spirit. I look forward to sharing with you in your journey as you seek renewal and recommitment to life and community.

I am an ordained priest in the Roman Catholic Tradition and registered civil marriage celebrant based in Beacon, with a wide experience of performing various ceremonies including: weddings, same sex weddings,funerals, memorials, baby naming days, commitment ceremonies, anniversaries and special occasions.

My training and experience have given me a deep knowledge of the role of officiant and celebrant in the community and the important role of ritual and ceremony in our lives. Together we will create a beautiful Order of Service that expresses your deepest feelings and most powerful emotions – whether they be feelings of love, joy, optimism, grief or acceptance.

The first step may seem daunting but I will personalize a ceremony to your every need and I will share with you my broad collection of ideas, poetry, readings, music and rituals, if you don’t know where to begin.

As a priest, officiant and chaplain I really love what I do, and you can be sure that I will always put your needs and wishes first and help you develop the ceremony you want.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Officiant
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Christenings, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials, Sweet 16s
Established: 2011
Accepts: Cash, Check, Paypal
Rev. Jim Rooney is a wedding Officiant from Beacon. We service weddings throughout the local area, including New York City, Westchester, and Hudson Valley. Rev. Jim Rooney is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the New York wedding industry for 18 years. We specialize in Catholic, non denominational, Interfaith, religious, spiritual ceremonies