Rev. Jim Rooney

Rev. Jim Rooney

Priest, Celebrant and Officiant.

376 Breakneck Road
Beacon, NY 12508 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Buddhist, Christian (no denomination), Christian - A...
About Us

Your life together begins here…

“What you are is God’s gift to you; What you make of it, it’s your gift to God.”

This is the reflection I have on my Ordination Card. It sums up my belief in life and relationship with God, family and friends.

We all need the time and space to hear that inner voice to allow us to be who we are called to be. I believe we can only experience this self-discovery by allowing ourselves to touch and be touched in all of life’s experiences and then taking the time and space to hold on to them; to cherish and sometimes to let go.

To this end I’ve created Beacon Hermitage. The Hermitage is situated in the beautiful Hudson Valley at the base of Mount Beacon, the highest point in the Hudson Highlands.

In the quiet and calm of Beacon Hermitage you will find a place that affords you both an opportunity to focus on what really matters: your relationship and future happiness. It will help you deal with the most important aspects related to planning a wedding- you and your partner. Envision the loving moments you will experience here with your partner that will empower you both to remember why you are getting married. This marriage is a public declaration and commitment of your love for each other that has the power to inspire and enrich you for life.

Awaken into your creativity for inspiration and self-expression on your personal path to the altar of life. Seek each other’s beauty of spirit. This is the soul who is entrusting their life to you. Find the reassurance from each other to step confidently into a journey that will require your love, strength, patience, wisdom, forgiveness, charity and joy.

I invite you to join me in allowing the Spirit of our Creator to touch your mind, body and spirit. I look forward to sharing with you in your journey as you seek renewal and recommitment to life and community.

I am an ordained priest in the Roman Catholic Tradition and registered civil marriage celebrant based in Beacon, with a wide experience of performing various ceremonies including: weddings, same sex weddings,funerals, memorials, baby naming days, commitment ceremonies, anniversaries and special occasions.

My training and experience have given me a deep knowledge of the role of officiant and celebrant in the community and the important role of ritual and ceremony in our lives. Together we will create a beautiful Order of Service that expresses your deepest feelings and most powerful emotions – whether they be feelings of love, joy, optimism, grief or acceptance.

The first step may seem daunting but I will personalize a ceremony to your every need and I will share with you my broad collection of ideas, poetry, readings, music and rituals, if you don’t know where to begin.

As a priest, officiant and chaplain I really love what I do, and you can be sure that I will always put your needs and wishes first and help you develop the ceremony you want.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Imagine an empty room, reminiscent of an art gallery. Concrete floors, barren snow white walls, gallery lighting, and minimal seating. This was the backdrop for my wedding ceremony. Reverend Jim was able to infuse the entirety of this empty space with color and warmth and by doing so, transformed it into the most intimate gathering that I've ever had the honor of attending. He is a literal beacon of love.

Reverend Jim is genuine, kind, honest, and a fantastic host. After our first meeting we knew we had made the right decision. His ability to articulate his true feelings about love and friendship are unparalleled and his concern for not only the couple but the whole family is invaluable. He was flexible and engaging. He took our worries to heart and encouraged us to make the ceremony our own. If you want to married by a caring friend, contact Reverend Jim Rooney.

Despite two years of meticulous cocktail hour and reception planning, the ceremony was easily my favorite part of the wedding. Rev. Jim had all of us laughing, crying, and reflecting on what it means to be and how that impacts the relationships we promise to be a part of.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Officiant
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Rev. Jim Rooney is a wedding Officiant from Beacon. We service weddings througout the local area, including New York City, Westchester, and Hudson Valley. Rev. Jim Rooney is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the New York wedding industry for 18 years. We specialize in Catholic, non denominational, Interfaith, religious, spiritual ceremonies
917-880-0791
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards