Rev. Don Bissett

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Don was great. We stayed in contact via email the whole time. We also talked on the phone and worked out the details that we wanted at the wedding and was able to deliver.

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
PO Box 9076, Avon, CO 81620
  I have officiated for hundreds of couples at scores of locations in the Vail Valley.  I have married couples at country clubs, restaurants, private homes, the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, the Donavan Pavilion, on Vail Mountain, in a mountain meadow and even in churches.  Unity is a faith that believes there are many paths to the same God.  Most of the couples I work with desire to have a spiritual service but not one that is religious or dogmatic.  In addition most couples don't want a generic service that looks and sounds like everyone else's.  Based on what we discuss your ceremony will be uniquely personalized to reflect your values and your wishes.
  Most of the couples for whom I officiate prefer a wedding ceremony that will last 20-30 minutes.  I will meet with the couple in person or by phone several weeks prior to the service.  We will review their wishes and I will gain an understanding of their unique desires for their ceremony.  If there is a rehearsal I will attend and conduct the rehearsal walking everyone through his or her parts of the  ceremony.
  I have been officiating at weddings for more than 30 years.  I am a graduate of Southern Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.  I served as a pastor for several years and then returned to school to gain credentials as a psychotherapist.  I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in Colorado and Texas.  I am also a Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. +/- read less
Details