Quonquont Farm

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
3.8

If you are searching for a beautifully renovated, yet rustic venue, this is it. When we began planning our wedding a year and a half ago, I had an idea of what I wanted - an outdoor ceremony, with the reception in a barn. It seems this has become a pretty popular theme for weddings over the last few years. There are a number of venues throughout the northeast that offer this type of setup. Most of them were either way too expensive, or affordable but not that nice. After searching online for a few weeks, I finally came across Quonquont Farm. They don't seem to do a great deal of promotion for their function venue via their website, so it was only after looking through photos posted for rustic weddings, after many Google searches, that I found them.
We chose a Sunday for our event, since the cost was significantly less than a Saturday event. But even if you choose a pricier day of the week, you will not be disappointed. Our wedding was in late September, and the grounds were stunning this time of year. I imagine it's equally as beautiful in the spring and summer. Quonquont now has their own liquor license, as well, and the bar fees are very reasonable if you are considering an open bar. They feature local Berkshire Brewing Co. beers on tap, which we really enjoyed.
From the start, Jenelle, the event manager, was always quick to respond to our inquiries. She was very helpful in providing a list of other local wedding vendors (caterers, DJs, etc.) for us to consider as we planned the event. What surprised me the most, and made this venue a real bargain, was that Jenelle really did manage the entire event for us. From allowing us to bring decorations out the week before the event (they have plenty of storage in the barns), to coordinating seamlessly with the caterer (Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland) to achieve the exact reception we wanted, she was amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
9 North St, P.O. Box 63, Whately, MA 01093

Quonquont Farm's newly renovated 19th century barn is located on a 140-acre farm and orchard in the historic town of Whately, MA

The 5,000 square foot event barn holds seating for 200, a catering kitchen, restrooms, and parking.

Events are available from May- October