Purple Onion Catering Company

4.7
Profile Picture
Anonymous
1+ year ago

Wow. all I can say is wow. Alison made all my dreams come true.

Let's start at the beginning. River Farm, our venue, gave us a list of wedding caterers to choose from. I contacted 5 or 6 before contacting Purple Onion. The other caterers either blew us off or didn't respond because of budget was too low for them (and believe me, it was pretty high compared to national averages...DC is expensive!)

Alison made us a custom proposal of 3 price ranges so we could choose what we wanted. My family insisted on the cream of the crop so we went with full service everything. We had passed and plated appetizers, plated salad, and family style dinner (which was a HUGE HIT). So many people came up and said it was the best food they've ever had a at a wedding. Here was our menu: hummus bar, lots of little goodies for appetizers (fried mushrooms, goat cheese balls). Salad: watermelon and feta cheese, entrees: goat cheese stuffed salmon and short ribs, pasta, veggies etc.

Purple onion also made our wedding cake - carrot cake and chocolate with raspberry filling.

I can't stress enough how happy we were with the food, but thats just 50% of it. The other 50% was ALISON who made all of my vision come through. From the table settings, to the details like vintage utensils, a shimmery peach table cloth, and the organization of the whole tented dining room. She remembered everything i wanted and just GOT ME. We clicked from the moment we met. She was honestly the only person at the wedding who I didn't have to give strong direction to. She knew what I wanted!!

I'm just so happy and blessed I went with Purple Onion. The servers were professional and FRIENDLY. They brought me snacks and drinks while my husband and I were whisked away to take a thousand pictures (sometimes begrudgingly haha). Seriously, get in touch with Alison, you won't regret it!

Services Used: Catering
LOCATION
416 Maple Ave., West, Vienna, VA 22180

Let The Purple Onion Catering Company make your wedding day worry free.

The Purple Onion Catering Company has been in business since 1990 creating memorable parties in Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C. We specialize in making your party elegant and delicious from start to finish. We use the freshest ingredients with innovative recipes. In 2002 we moved to a new facility in Fairfax, Virginia in order to expand our capabilities to make your party even more successful. Please contact us by phone or email so that we can begin to create a menu just for your event.
Details
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres - Displayed, Hors d'oeuvres - Pass...
Maximum capacity: 2000
Bar services: Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liquor
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
Purple Onion Catering Company is a wedding Caterer from Northern Virginia. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Virginia, DC, and Maryland. Purple Onion Catering Company is a professional wedding Caterer that has been part of the DMV wedding industry for 23 years. We specialize in Wedding catering and design