Pulama

Profile Picture
Paul
1 Review
10/26/2013

I cannot more enthusiastically recommend Pulama. Their beautiful performance during and just-after our wedding ceremony set the perfect tempo and mood for the event. Composed/experienced professionals, Pulama performed flawlessly even when faced with playing much longer than expected and needing to adapt to the other (multiple!) limitations of our venue. Pulama was key in helping us incorporate music that had personal meaning to us, even offering to learn/adapt new music for us. I knew we had picked the perfect group when a guest approached me afterwards (an experienced musician) and said, "I've heard a lot of hawaiian bands, but they're VERY GOOD!"

Services Used: Ceremony Music
LOCATION
Albany, CA 94706

The Music of Hawai`i for your wedding

Aloha, Welcome,

Be transported to the Islands by the beautiful melodies and lyrics of Hawaii with the music of Pūlama.

Pūlama is the vocal/guitar duo of Jim Romano and Paula Kauapālaukī Rudman. They have been singing and playing the music of Hawai'i in the San Francisco Bay Area since 2003

Pūlama's evocative blend of ... read more

Aloha, Welcome,

Pūlama's evocative blend of close, pure vocal harmonies and slack-key guitar has been described as "like velvet for my heart."

Jim and Paula present their own arrangements of traditional and modern mele, hapa-haole songs and original compositions, arranged with artistry and aloha.

Paula's warm, lyrical vocals perfectly compliment Jim's scintillating slack-key guitar and rough-smooth tenor. "We are often told that is rare to find two voices that blend so beautifully."

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Ceremony Music
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Christenings, Corporate Events, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials
Established: 2003