Petula Pea Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Patty was our wedding photographer this past May. Within a few minutes of meeting her in person we knew she was it and we didn't need to meet with any other photographers. From day one she was flexible and willing to work with us to customize the right wedding package for us - increase here, take away here, etc. Funny thing is in the end we ended up editing to be pretty much where her "most popular" package was, so she definitely has finessed the package to truly be what she knows what most of her clients want/need. I had the pleasure of working with Patty for a boudoir, engagement photos and wedding shots. If you like her overall "feel" of her photos, that is exactly what you will get from the softness in the lighting to the poses and feeling of her shots. She is incredibly detailed oriented and organized as well as very responsive to emails/calls which is definitely a huge plus as during the planning process it's easy to want answers right away as there are so many things to do and often limited timing if you are juggling a regular work schedule as well. She delivered in terms of all 3 photo sessions, we were so excited to always be able to find "the one" .. that single photo that summarizes the event for you as a couple. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Patty and loved the work she produced. She was just on top of everything, which you will quickly come to appreciate and realize how important of a trait it is for your photographer to embody. She is also incredibly caring and easy to talk to, we consider her a great friend after the past year we've spent together! :) You can't go wrong with Patty, rest assure! <333

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
7167 Surfbird Cir, Carlsbad, CA 92011

Shedding light on subtle details & capturing authentic moments, Patty has a keen sense of how to infuse life into her subject, drawing even more beauty through her lens, than through the naked eye. On living her dream, Patty says, “I know I was born to do this. This is my passion and I am always excited to create memories for my ... read more

Shedding light on subtle details & capturing authentic moments, Patty has a keen sense of how to infuse life into her subject, drawing even more beauty through her lens, than through the naked eye. On living her dream, Patty says, “I know I was born to do this. This is my passion and I am always excited to create memories for my clients!”

A Tucson, Arizona native, Patty Brutlag moved to Encinitas, CA after pursuing a degree in Advertising & Photography at NAU. She left the corporate marketing world after many years & was determined to make a dream a reality. In ’07, she picked up her camera again… And luckily, for her clients, she never put it back down.  Petula Pea Photography was created in 2010 & specializes in weddings, engagement sessions, maternity, family & baby portraiture. Not only is Patty an amazing wedding photographer, but she loves it! In her words, “I am able to capture such an intimate & magical day, and what I give them lasts forever; I create memories for years & years to come. And, to be trusted on a couple’s wedding day is a huge honor.”

Patty shoots everything on location & always uses natural light. She incorporates interesting & organic items from her natural surrounding into the photo shoot which makes her images very unique.  Because she is committed to quality, she only books 4-6 portrait sessions 1-2 weddings/month. This allows her the time to focus on each client & also saves time for the most important roles in her life: mother, wife, & friend.

760.815.0109 petulapea@gmail.com +/- read less