Old Wide Awake Plantation

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This will be a difficult to write, because I have so much to say! My husband and I got married at Old Wide Awake park and plantation on 12/6/14, and it was the best decision we've ever made. It's hard to narrow down, but, here's my best attempt: 1) The house, the history, the feel. I'm from Summerville and wanted to get married near home. We looked at a lot of the plantations and were very underwhelmed. Either the price tag was our entire budget, or they told us 2-3 other weddings could be happening at the same time on the same property - they felt like wedding factories. We were in despair when we found Old Wide Awake. We drove out there on a sunny day, and were floored. We were begging Margaret to find us a day in 2014 where we could get married. It has the charm and history of my home town, the laid back unassuming beauty without the pretentiousness and touristy feeling. This is truly a magical place to get married - my guests felt it too. You'll understand when you visit. All I can say is when I was getting ready on my big day, I walked out on the top veranda to sip my coffee, and the sun was hitting my face and the only thing I could hear were birds chirping and the fountain in the pond. It is so beautiful and peaceful. You cannot beat this venue - I promise. 2) The park and dirt road are as gorgeous as the home. We got married in the park, the sun peaking through the trees on a 74 degree December day and no joke, there were dolphins playing in the water behind us. My guests took photos to prove it. And when the ceremony was over, my husband and I sat on the dock and watched the sun go down while our photographer captured one of my most treasured photographs of all time. Even my out of state photographer said she had never photographed a more beautiful, peaceful place. 3) Margaret McKenzie: I'll review separately, but she is 100% what made our day perfect. She. Is. AMAZING. We had the best day of our lives thanks to Margaret and this wonderful venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
5149 Trexler Avenue, Hollywood, SC 29449

Historic Old Wide Awake Plantation has always been a great house for a party. Now it's available for rental to groups or individuals who want a celebration that is out of the ordinary. Situated near the beautiful Stono River, our old antebellum home epitomizes the Southern plantation tradition of gracious elegance in a pristine natural setting. Bordered by forests of live oaks, pines, and polo fields for evening horseback rides, our staff can work with your event planner to create the most memorable party you've ever given. Weddings, Bachelor parties, family reunions, or office celebrations, we can handle it all. Outdoor barbeques or oyster roasts, formal sit-down service under a tent or on a spacious verandah, we have a truly unique setting that reflects the famous lowcountry lifestyle.

Details