Nicollet Island Pavilion

Services: Ceremony, Reception
Maximum capacity: 5000
Catering: Offered in-house
About Us

Nicollet Island Pavilion is a premier venue for weddings and receptions. With views of the Mississippi River, historic Saint Anthony Main, and downtown Minneapolis, Nicollet Island truly captures the magic of Minneapolis.

Built in 1886 by Lintges and Connell & Company, Nicollet Island Pavilion began as a one-story frame building called the William Bros. Boiler Works. In 1893 a major fire consumed the Boiler Works and the existing brick structure was constructed to replace the destroyed building.

The building went through various stages of ownerships until 1976 when the Minneapolis Park Board acquired most of Nicollet Island. In 1983 Nicollet Island Park was developed and the Pavilion was used as a simple picnic shelter. Today, it hosts some of the most upscale events in the Twin Cities!

Photos
Reviews
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Our wedding at the Nicollet Island Pavilion was absolutely beautiful!! I knew the minute I walked into the Pavilion that it was our venue. The exposed beams, brick, patio, landscaping and downtown Minneapolis views/Mississippi River were gorgeous! My NIP planner was extremely helpful and sweet :) Because I was planning from afar, we spoke via email and she constantly kept up with me and was always quick to respond. On the wedding day, we had a few minor hiccups, but nothing out of the ordinary and the Pavilion had everything sorted out within a matter of minutes. Everything went very smoothly. I also liked that Mintahoe was their partnering caterer so I didn't have to pick and choose. The food was absolutely delicious and the bartenders/event staff were awesome!

If you're looking for a stunning venue to host your wedding in downtown Minneapolis, right on the Mississippi River.. the Nicollet Island Pavilion will take your breath away! I'm so happy we chose them as our wedding location!

• Wedding: 05/20/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
612-253-0255
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire