Manhattan Penthouse & Alger House

Manhattan Penthouse & Alger House

Serving NYC for 40 Years!

80 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
Services: Ceremony, Reception
Maximum capacity: 225
Catering: Offered in-house
About Us
Manhattan Penthouse on 5th Avenue has the best views in town!

Manhattan Penthouse
stands tall in the center of Manhattan on Fifth Avenue at 14th Street, boasting perhaps the best 360 degree views of any banquet facility anywhere. Its 8000 sq. ft. provide ample room for dining and dancing for 50 to 225 guests, while giant arched casement windows frame dramatic vistas of Manhattan real estate from Wall Street to Times Square and from river to river. At night, the Empire State Building and many other dramatic skyscrapers light up all around. Inside lies an amazing penthouse aerie, elegantly tailored and adorned with rich details, a model for trendy loft spaces, causing entering guests to exclaim, "I’d like to live here!" and Avenue Magazine to declare Manhattan Penthouse "the latest ’in’ space" at its grand opening. Outstanding features in the Reception Room, Ballroom, and Executive Lounge include a magnificent oak and stained glass bar, paneled window seats, tall ficus trees, mirrored band area, special lighting, Baldwin grand piano, custom stereo, the finest catering equipment, beautiful oak floors, and those giant windows framing panoramic Manhattan views.

Alger House, a large 1906 carriage house on a lovely lane in Greenwich Village off Sixth Avenue, was converted by a top 1970’s artist into a very creative venue, combining the characteristics of modern loft, artist’s atelier, and magnificent private ballroom. Alger House, featured on the front cover and an entire chapter of Rizzoli’s Lost and Found: Decorating with Unexpected Objects, is warmly decorated with fine furnishings, works of art, and architectural details, supporting a most magical atmosphere, eclectic but harmonious. This roomy, comfortable, and elegantly creative space is a favorite setting for weddings, corporate and family events for 25 to 100 persons. Alger House combines the finest cuisine and services in its very special interiors for an unforgettable event.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a wonderful experience working with Jeno at the Manhattan Penthouse. We booked the venue only about four months before the wedding, so I thought everything would be very rushed, but Jeno was calm and assured us we'd be fine. I sent him dozens of emails with questions, and he answered all of them promptly. He dealt directly with the bakery, band, and florist to coordinate event-timing, which saved me a lot of stress the week before my wedding. He even let us request special beer/liquor to be stocked at the bar! Everything was very flexible, which was great since we were planning on short notice. We were able to come in for a tasing one evening to get an idea of the food we wanted, and had tons of great choices. After the wedding, everyone commented on how delicious the food was. The penthouse looked amazing the night of the wedding, and the staff was very professional. This is a beautiful venue, and I'm not sure I could have gotten through wedding planning without all of Jeno's help, who went way beyond the call of duty.

Manhattan Penthouse & Alger House responded with the following comments:

Thank you Laura! It's our pleasure to have been a part of your magical day!

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Endorsements
Our company Expressway Music has worked at the Manhattan Penthouse and Alger house many times and is a big favorite with our DJ's because of Monika and Jeno. Both Monika and Jeno are total pros and consistently produce great events. They are organised, focused and are on top of all details. As dj's we REALLY appreciate that! Plus, the views here from every angle are breathtaking and the food is out of this world. I couldn't recommend a venue more. Dave Swirsky Owner/DJ Expressway Music Inc NYC
Associations I Belong to
Manhattan Penthouse & Alger House is a wedding Venue from New York City. We service weddings througout the local area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the New York Metro Area. Manhattan Penthouse & Alger House is a professional wedding Venue that has been part of the New York City wedding industry for 40 years. We specialize in the best NYC weddings around!
212-627-8838
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards